✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

i posted abt it being a name of a moon crater few pages back.

but it still is weird and these kids go to public schools so it won't be weird there:shrug:

has any1 checked this out

Bingham Bellamy Parents: Matt Bellamy and Kate Hudson Why? Apparently the name has 'family connections'. That was the dog's name wasn't it?

offtopic but on apple's name

Apple Martin Parents: Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow Why? Possibly to encourage a future of adult alcoholism, "Hi I'm Apple Martin, can I have an apple martini please?"

^^^ LOL And you people complain about "Bing"?? :laugh4: I would prefer to be called Bing instead of Blue Angel!! And I'm a girl! :|

Btw, off topic...my friends at school usually call me Martini :| Is that...bad?... lol Because I don't drink and my last name is Martins, and that's why they call me Martini :lol: Although is not as cool as Apple Martini :disappointed:

Btw, off topic...my friends at school usually call me Martini :| Is that...bad?... lol Because I don't drink and my last name is Martins, and that's why they call me Martini :lol: Although is not as cool as Apple Martini :disappointed:

I think that's a cute nickname, actually. :wacko: I guess I have to disassociate it from alcohol, though. :lol:

OKAY, MY FELLOW MUSERS. I have questions. I know I could easily look this up online, but I wanna ask you people too. I've never been to a Muse festival gig (or a concert), so I don't really know what to expect. Tips? Warnings? Ways of making it out of the pit alive and in one piece? Ways of making sure your bag/wallet doesn't get stolen while jumping around to Muse? What's the barrier like?

Anything is much appreciated! :D

Maybe I should also add the fact that I'm 5 ft. and 2 inches tall. :blank:

OKAY, MY FELLOW MUSERS. I have questions. I know I could easily look this up online, but I wanna ask you people too. I've never been to a Muse festival gig (or a concert), so I don't really know what to expect. Tips? Warnings? Ways of making it out of the pit alive and in one piece? Ways of making sure your bag/wallet doesn't get stolen while jumping around to Muse? What's the barrier like?

Outside Lands? I'll be there too. I also don't intend on letting anyone get in my way, even people I know. ;)

But I can shed some advice to help you compete. Since Muse plays on Day 2, you can get the feel for the festival and learn the layout on Day 1. Plan your day. Honestly, Muse pits are tame compared to hardcore bands. The majority of the crowd will be jumping up and down and fist-pumping, but Muse doesn't attract moshers or shovers. So you don't have to worry about getting knocked down and you don't have to worry about losing pocket items. Still, I'd pack as lightly as possible for convenience.

Barrier is ideal for both viewing and having space in front of you to move your arms, but getting there takes dedication, namely camping out all day by the stage. Wait for the day-by-day schedule to be released to determine whether camping is worth it to you. As a warning, I am hell-bent on getting barrier and I have a few psycho friends who are the same (though only like one-tenth of the amount of Lolla Musers, so should be easier than Lolla).

You'll have fun no matter what! :)

Yep, Outside Lands! Oh, it's on, Michael. :lol:

All joking aside, thank you so much! Your post is really helpful. :nice: That's a good thing to know about Muse crowds. I think I'm going to go for barrier, since my friend, who is pretty much in love with Matt, is determined to be there on his side. That is, if waiting by the barrier doesn't conflict with other bands we want to see. :anxious:

Muse doesn't attract moshers or shovers

wat

I almost died at Wembley. :|

Okay... that doesn't really help. :P

I'm sure it's far different at a festival where not everyone is a hardcore Muser. So follow Michael's tips and you'll be fine. :D

^^^^ TAKE A FRIEND!! Plz tell me you're going with someone else! :| When I went to see Muse in RiR, it was crazy! I was far from the stage but people were jumping like they were in the front row, I had to have one of my arms around a friend or I would fall on the floor! But, it's worth it!! Because Muse are stage beasts :lol: Someone (during the jumping) spilled beer on my shirt and I didn't care, that's how awesome they are live :lol: also, take confortable shoes (but that's pretty obvious :P), try to take water with you (some festivals won't alow you getting in with water) :thinking: I try to think about more stuff...

wat

I almost died at Wembley. :|

Okay... that doesn't really help. :P

I'm sure it's far different at a festival where not everyone is a hardcore Muser. So follow Michael's tips and you'll be fine. :D

:wreck: I hope you were okay! :hug:

Thanks, Kelly!

^^^^ TAKE A FRIEND!! Plz tell me you're going with someone else! :| When I went to see Muse in RiR, it was crazy! I was far from the stage but people were jumping like they were in the front row, I had to have one of my arms around a friend or I would fall on the floor! But, it's worth it!! Because Muse are stage beasts :lol: Someone (during the jumping) spilled beer on my shirt and I didn't care, that's how awesome they are live :lol: also, take confortable shoes (but that's pretty obvious :P), try to take water with you (some festivals won't alow you getting in with water) :thinking: I try to think about more stuff...

No worries! My friend is coming with me, so I just have to make sure we don't get separated. I don't think I can survive by myself. :wreck:

:stunned: That sounds quite crazy! But really fun at the same time, haha. Thank you for the tips, Ines! I think Outside Lands lets you bring a refillable bottle, much to my relief.

I think that's a cute nickname, actually. :wacko: I guess I have to disassociate it from alcohol, though. :lol:

Hahaha, well, I'm the same height as you :lol:

My advice would be to try and get barrier. Or at least second row where you can hold onto the barrier. I've only seen Muse twice but both times involved lots of moshing! The first time, I didn't have a position on the barrier and ended up being pushed waaaay out the side (at least it was a bit quieter there, though :lol:)

The second time, I'd learned my lesson and got a spot on the barrier, right in front of Chris. I still got squashed by a girl behind me (she kept trying to push in beside me and I wouldn't let her because that would've pushed me off the barrier, and then she got angry and just leaned on me... and she wasn't small, either :P) but it was much better.

Watch out for creepy people too... throughout the gig someone kept holding onto my waist (like, under my shirt, it was weird) but I thought it was my friend trying to hold on because she was behind me... but when the gig was over and I asked her about it, she said it wasn't her... :uhoh:

Weirdest experience ever.

That's cool of your dad! Muse is "too noisy" for my parents. :lol:

My dad loved Muse ever since I introduced them to him by making him listen to HAARP. He came with me to see him last year, I bought him a seat ticket while we went into the mosh :awesome:

Hahaha, well, I'm the same height as you :lol:

My advice would be to try and get barrier. Or at least second row where you can hold onto the barrier. I've only seen Muse twice but both times involved lots of moshing! The first time, I didn't have a position on the barrier and ended up being pushed waaaay out the side (at least it was a bit quieter there, though :lol:)

The second time, I'd learned my lesson and got a spot on the barrier, right in front of Chris. I still got squashed by a girl behind me (she kept trying to push in beside me and I wouldn't let her because that would've pushed me off the barrier, and then she got angry and just leaned on me... and she wasn't small, either :P) but it was much better.

Watch out for creepy people too... throughout the gig someone kept holding onto my waist (like, under my shirt, it was weird) but I thought it was my friend trying to hold on because she was behind me... but when the gig was over and I asked her about it, she said it wasn't her... :uhoh:

Weirdest experience ever.

My dad loved Muse ever since I introduced them to him by making him listen to HAARP. He came with me to see him last year, I bought him a seat ticket while we went into the mosh :awesome:

Someone hold on your waist? Under the shirt? What kind of person does that?? Creepy... :|

Your dad went into the moshpit?? :cheesy: THAT is cool! :awesome: My dad likes Muse, but I seriously doubt that he would go to a moshpit :lol:

Someone hold on your waist? Under the shirt? What kind of person does that?? Creepy... :|

Your dad went into the moshpit?? :cheesy: THAT is cool! :awesome: My dad likes Muse, but I seriously doubt that he would go to a moshpit :lol:

I was so creeped out :|

Haha and no, he didn't go into the mosh :lol:

I went in with my friends and I got him a ticket in the stands... he had one of the best seats, though! I'm not sure he would've recovered from a night in the mosh :lol:

He was nearly as excited about it as us, though!