✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

:lol: Omg!! I want muse to comeback! my dad says he really wants to see them live too :awesome:

Your dad is one of the coolest dads ever.

That's cool of your dad! Muse is "too noisy" for my parents. :lol:

My parents don't think it's noisy, so much as that it's just shit. :| Well, not that they use that particular term, but that's pretty much the jist of it.

Hahaha, well, I'm the same height as you :lol:

My advice would be to try and get barrier. Or at least second row where you can hold onto the barrier. I've only seen Muse twice but both times involved lots of moshing! The first time, I didn't have a position on the barrier and ended up being pushed waaaay out the side (at least it was a bit quieter there, though :lol:)

The second time, I'd learned my lesson and got a spot on the barrier, right in front of Chris. I still got squashed by a girl behind me (she kept trying to push in beside me and I wouldn't let her because that would've pushed me off the barrier, and then she got angry and just leaned on me... and she wasn't small, either :P) but it was much better.

Watch out for creepy people too... throughout the gig someone kept holding onto my waist (like, under my shirt, it was weird) but I thought it was my friend trying to hold on because she was behind me... but when the gig was over and I asked her about it, she said it wasn't her... :uhoh:

Weirdest experience ever.

WTF YOU GOT IN FRONT OF CHRIS? ASODFJSADKNBGAHPSIADJRAGIASNDFDA I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOU RIGHT NOW IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY.

...Sorry. My inner Wolstenfan got in the way. :shame: But I'm still jealous of you.

Ewww. Creeper got his creep on. :anxious: At least nothing worse happened.

WTF YOU GOT IN FRONT OF CHRIS? ASODFJSADKNBGAHPSIADJRAGIASNDFDA I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOU RIGHT NOW IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY.

...Sorry. My inner Wolstenfan got in the way. :shame: But I'm still jealous of you.

I've been on barrier directly in front of Chris too.

Start hatin'. :P

OKAY, MY FELLOW MUSERS. I have questions. I know I could easily look this up online, but I wanna ask you people too. I've never been to a Muse festival gig (or a concert), so I don't really know what to expect. Tips? Warnings? Ways of making it out of the pit alive and in one piece? Ways of making sure your bag/wallet doesn't get stolen while jumping around to Muse? What's the barrier like?

Anything is much appreciated! :D

Maybe I should also add the fact that I'm 5 ft. and 2 inches tall. :blank:

I'm 5'2ish too! :awesome: Probably closer to 5'3 I think.

Anyway, besides the point, I haven't had experience with barrier at Mooze, but I have has experience with festival barriers so this counts, non?

My advise is that if you're unable to get barrier or second row, then put yourself some space between you and the person in front. When the acts come on, people tend to surge forward-- so if you've given yourself some space in front then when they move you don't get crushed. Just squashed.

Try and make friends with the people around you. If you amass a bigger group, it's more likely you'll all stay in place and help each other. Plus it means they don't tend to look at you so grumpily when you bash in to them.

Bag wise, I'd always advise that it is better to put your bag on your front opposed to your side. My friends went for the bum bags on the front, whilst I got a waterproof pouch that went over my neck. That way it's less liable to get sniped or get caught in the crowd. Plus, if you're at barrier, the barrier will hold it in place and protect it.

If you're further back another tip is to just go with it. If you put up too much resistance then you'll probably get hurt. Also, try and keep an eye on your friend so you can stick together. If not, arrange a meeting point for after.

Hahaha, well, I'm the same height as you :lol:

My dad loved Muse ever since I introduced them to him by making him listen to HAARP. He came with me to see him last year, I bought him a seat ticket while we went into the mosh :awesome:

We're all :awesome: heights.

My Dad likes Muse too. He sat there and watched HAARP too and decided he'd like to see them too :lol:

wat

I almost died at Wembley. :|

Okay... that doesn't really help. :P

I'm sure it's far different at a festival where not everyone is a hardcore Muser. So follow Michael's tips and you'll be fine. :D

Wemblayyyy was insane though.

Your dad is one of the coolest dads ever.

I don't know...he's still my dad, he can be quite annoying sometimes :shifty:

I'm short too :bigcry: I had to be on tiptoes (is this how you say it? :thinking:) during the whole Muse concert!! It was painful! :|

I almost died at Wembley. :|

You're not the only ones. :blank:

I usually steer clear of moshpits cos i'm of pretty slight build so i'm not really built for them and fear of being crushed, but since i'd just survived Biffy Clyro and was maybe about 8 or 10 rows from the front and had a fantastic view, i thought i'd be OK staying there for Muse - how wrong i was.:stunned: As soon as they came onstage and started playing everyone went ABSOLUTELY MENTAL. I only managed to stay upright by clinging onto whoever was in front of me for dear life!! I was on my own too, and honestly i was so scared - about halfway through SMBH (the second song) i knew i had to get out of there and somehow managed to escape - the rest of the night after that was absolutely EPIC, apart from when i realised i'd lost my coat that'd been wrapped around my waist in the moshpit. :facepalm:

I don't know...he's still my dad, he can be quite annoying sometimes :shifty:

I'm short too :bigcry: I had to be on tiptoes (is this how you say it? :thinking:) during the whole Muse concert!! It was painful! :|

Maybe, but most dads are like that, anyway. At least, we as their children feel that way. :tongue: I made the mistake of sharing Muse with my dad once, and he pretty much looked at me with this shocked look on his face and told me that my ears were screwed up. :|

Yes, that's how you say it. :nice: Sorry to hear that. That doesn't sound very pleasant. :\

It's things like that that make me thankful for being as tall as I am. There are downsides to that, though.

:lol::lol: One of the good things about my dad is his music taste, it's like mine, so we don't fight that much on the car to decide which radio station to put on...:P

Pff....It was totally worth it!!! :awesome:

There are downsides in almost everything :lol: Good things too though! :nice:

Being short(er) is overrated. :phu:

How tall are you, Violet? :wacko:

You're not the only ones. :blank:

I usually steer clear of moshpits cos i'm of pretty slight build so i'm not really built for them and fear of being crushed, but since i'd just survived Biffy Clyro and was maybe about 8 or 10 rows from the front and had a fantastic view, i thought i'd be OK staying there for Muse - how wrong i was.:stunned: As soon as they came onstage and started playing everyone went ABSOLUTELY MENTAL. I only managed to stay upright by clinging onto whoever was in front of me for dear life!! I was on my own too, and honestly i was so scared - about halfway through SMBH (the second song) i knew i had to get out of there and somehow managed to escape - the rest of the night after that was absolutely EPIC, apart from when i realised i'd lost my coat that'd been wrapped around my waist in the moshpit. :facepalm:

IKR? It was absolutely mental during the first two songs! When it started raining during Uprising everyone went even more mental! :awesome: I never expected SMBH to get that sort of reaction, to be honest. :P I don't know if the crowd died down a bit or if I got use to it because I thought it would be even worse during like SS or KoC. :lol:

:lol::lol: One of the good things about my dad is his music taste, it's like mine, so we don't fight that much on the car to decide which radio station to put on...:P

Pff....It was totally worth it!!! :awesome:

There are downsides in almost everything :lol: Good things too though! :nice:

Oh, my dad always loves to try to have music discussions with me, but they always end up with me leaving the room out of sheer frustration. :shifty:

Oh, but of course! :D

Yeah, true. I don't ever have to use stepstools for anything. :lol:

How tall are you, Violet? :wacko:

5'8" :bigcry:

Huzzah for being 5 ft. 2-3 in.! :D

My dad loved Muse ever since I introduced them to him by making him listen to HAARP. He came with me to see him last year, I bought him a seat ticket while we went into the mosh :awesome:

Thank you so much, Grace! Lots of squishing in the Muse pit, it seems. :uhoh: But what weirdo would put his/her hands under your shirt?! Gah.

That's so awesome of your dad! And that's so nice of you to buy him a ticket. :D He must have had an amazing time.

My parents don't think it's noisy, so much as that it's just shit. :| Well, not that they use that particular term, but that's pretty much the jist of it.

Aw. :sad: Well, we're here to go crazy over their beautiful, epic music with you. :hug:

Anyway, besides the point, I haven't had experience with barrier at Mooze, but I have has experience with festival barriers so this counts, non?

Nice! :awesome: I was barely 5'2'' many years ago. It drove me a little crazy. :lol:

Yep, experience with any and all festival barriers is really helpful. Thank you so much for your post, Natt! Now I'm really glad I'm not going alone, and hopefully there will be nice people around me. :sweatdrop:

Oh, my dad always loves to try to have music discussions with me, but they always end up with me leaving the room out of sheer frustration. :shifty:

Oh, but of course! :D

Yeah, true. I don't ever have to use stepstools for anything. :lol:

:lol::lol: In my case there's only one band that I love and my dad hates...Franz Ferdinand, he HATES them, I don't have patience when he starts making fun of them :shifty:

:awesome:

I don't even know how tall I am... :thinking: specially because I use meters and centimeters, not feets or inches :lol: I should find out...:escaping3:

don't worry im 5'6 :hug:

and something just to make u happy violet

tumblr_loj19bi4ak1qeatfeo1_250.gif

You always know the way to make me smile, Haleema. :hug:

:lol::lol: In my case there's only one band that I love and my dad hates...Franz Ferdinand, he HATES them, I don't have patience when he starts making fun of them :shifty:

That's highly unfortunate. :\

Get a new dad.

Not possible? Find a way.

Is this aimed at anyone in particular?

You can always ask Chris Wolstenholme. He already has to look out for five children. I'm sure a 6th wouldn't hurt.

hahaha "Hey Chris, I'm a HUGE fan of Muse, can you please adopt me? My dad doesn't like Franz Ferdinand!" :awesome:

I don't like the name Bing, but Bingham is ok. Will his last name be Bellamy or Hudson? :thinking: Or Bellamy-Hudson? :anxious:

OKAY, MY FELLOW MUSERS. I have questions. I know I could easily look this up online, but I wanna ask you people too. I've never been to a Muse festival gig (or a concert), so I don't really know what to expect. Tips? Warnings? Ways of making it out of the pit alive and in one piece? Ways of making sure your bag/wallet doesn't get stolen while jumping around to Muse? What's the barrier like?

Anything is much appreciated! :D

Maybe I should also add the fact that I'm 5 ft. and 2 inches tall. :blank:

I haven't either! :awesome:

But I know from my seat, waaaay up in the back, what to look out for and such. :nod:

Ok, first off, the closer to the barrier the better- if nothing else, security is there to keep an eye out for you and can pull you out if you break a rib. :awesome: (I'm just teasing about the rib, you'll be fine :P)

Also, watch the security. If a security guard comes running at you, cover your head and duck. Most likely there's a crowd surfer behind you, and you really don't want to get smacked in the head by them.

Mosh pits- stay away. :uhoh:

Befriend the people around you, so you can watch each other's backs.

And then for the rest I'd say just go with the flow. :awesome:

We're all :awesome: heights.

My Dad likes Muse too. He sat there and watched HAARP too and decided he'd like to see them too :lol:

5'3 and a half. :disappointed:

Lucky! My mom respects Muse but I wouldn't call her a fan (she is a Dom fan though hahahahaha, when we saw them live she kept commenting about how strong he is :blush:)

don't worry im 5'6 :hug:

and something just to make u happy violet

tumblr_loj19bi4ak1qeatfeo1_250.gif

Love that gif. :heart:

Ok so I'm back from vacation and stuffs, I'll scan 2 pictures of Matt I found in Vanity Fair magazine (:rolleyes:), he's looking mighty fine in a suit. :wacky: