✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Which Song from MX we will never hear live ?!

Ronnie O Sullivan

Hello, (i hope its not a stupid new thread ;) )

So,after some concerts have been played there are still a few songs from MX we havent heard so far.

These ones are: U.F.O. - DLIBYH - Up with the Birds and (except Rock im Park) Princess of China which is performed at this years Grammy-Awards,maybe.

The Oracle said that there are always songs from each album which have never been played because of various reasons. She also mentioned that U.F.O. and Up with the Birds could easily be songs for the X-Stage...

Princess of China we will only get to hear at the Grammys,in my opinion. If Chris and the Band say that something is missing without Rihanna and they´re not happy as it sounds that way...so i suppose POC will be a Rarity live.

DLIBYH the Band already soundchecked during their Winter-Tour but never played it in a proper concert. I think that song will kept till we got summer, it just fits perfectly to an Open-Air Show in the evening,maybe with fireworks. DLIBYH as encore with Fix you and ETIAW would be amazing i guess.

Finally, i think that Up with Birds will be the song from the MX-Era we will never hear live. The first Part of the Song is just to...umm...not very compatible to be played in a proper(!) live concert IMO.

So,what are your thoughts about it ? :)

P.S: Sorry it became such a large Introduction for just one simple question ;)

Probably Up With The Birds. As you said, and Chris has also said in an interview, it wouldn't really work live with all the weird sound effects and 'uhhhh' sounds. DLIBYH as we all know has been soundchecked so it'll probably be played some time this year. Princess of China only be played when they can duet with Rihanna, which could mean only the Grammies. I reckon U.F.O. will be one of those songs like Parachutes or Reign Of Love which Chris will spontaneously play as an intro to another song, and we'll probably only hear it a couple of times if ever.

Probably Up With The Birds. As you said, and Chris has also said in an interview, it wouldn't really work live with all the weird sound effects and 'uhhhh' sounds. DLIBYH as we all know has been soundchecked so it'll probably be played some time this year. Princess of China only be played when they can duet with Rihanna, which could mean only the Grammies. I reckon U.F.O. will be one of those songs like Parachutes or Reign Of Love which Chris will spontaneously play as an intro to another song, and we'll probably only hear it a couple of times if ever.

:nod::nod: This :nod::nod:

(:cry::cry::cry: )

Agree, Up With The Birds. Will probably only hear it in my headphones. :cry: For one second last night after Up In Flames thought I might hear Don't Let It Break Your Heart at IHeart. :lol: Hopefully they are saving that gem for another day. Can't give us everything at one time. :wacky: Have to save the best for later.

I would say DLIBYH as it is the hardest to do. UFO is easy and would a nice alternative to UATW. UWTB could replace Everything's Not Lost/Life Is For Living as the last song before the encore. It is great and deserves to be last in every show. As for POC, I think the only time we will hear that is at the Grammy's with Rihanna. I don't think they like singing it without her. Personally, I much prefer it without Rihanna. :sneaky::D

U.F.O. would be an excellent addition to the X-stage set. Princess will only be played when Rihanna is around, a shame. DLIBYH has been rehearsed and I'm convinced it will make it onto the summer setlist. The one song I feel we'll never hear live is, as said before, Up With The Birds.

Hopefully, none of them.

-DLIBYH has been rehearsed, and probably is the most "practical" of the songs in terms of being something that can be done on a piano, guitar, bass, and drums. It's also my favourite among these songs.

-UWTB...unsure. I really hope they play this live...I feel like Jonny would make the guitar much bigger, Chris would make a fun piano-->guitar-->piano transition as in 42. As a poster said, it can replace LIFL as a setcloser pretty well. I also imagine the whole band singing it, or at least Chris and Will rocking out the second half. The weird noises I feel like can be addressed either as a backing track or better yet, Jonny doing cool stuff on the guitar - don't underestimate him!

-POC we'll hear at least once. Otherwise it's unlikely, unless they start doing what Snow Patrol does with Set Fire to the Third Bar by featuring various guest singers (please please please Coldplay + Adele/Florence Welch).

-U.F.O. - I think this is the least likely because it's short. I can imagine it getting added to the X-Stage, but if so, it won't sound like the studio version (I hope) because of how heavy the strings get. So it might be Chris solo or a lot of the other junk getting substituted with the boys. If you guys have seen HLH at Dingwalls, Chris actually sings the melody of UFO over MX. So he has it on his mind at least. :)

I'd say all these songs are possible live ones, although we may only hear POC live at the Grammys. I expect DLIBYH will be played during the next round of shows. UFO could easily be done, and it would be a nice change of pace considering most of their set is pretty full on (I'd gladly take UFO over Up In Flames).

The only song I was skeptical about hearing live was Up With The Birds, but after seeing the inside of the MX Tour book with the draft Glastonbury setlist, it gives me hope. I'd love it if they choose it to wrap up a show - now that would be AMAZING!