✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Serbian candidate for Eurosong accused of plagiarizing "Paradise"

lndnsky

God knows how I'm not the biggest fan of this song, but a friend just sent me something over FB.

Its Serbian candidate for Eurosong and some media have accused him of plagiarism. At around 0:20min his song reaaaally starts sounding like the intro to "Paradise".

See for yourself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay42-5qgEgM&feature=player_embedded]Zeljko Joksimovic - Synonym ESC SERBIA 2012 English Version - YouTube[/ame]

edit there's an article but its in Croatian so I don't think anyone would understand it. But here you go. http://www.index.hr/xmag/clanak/video--ovo-je-srpska-pjesma-za-eurosong-zeljko-joksimovic-posudio-glazbu-od-coldplaya/603696.aspx

Its Just a second :lol:

The song does not sound like paradise at all

:nod:

But it would have been Coldplay with another band's song, I'm sure there would have been a huge polemic...But I guess we can't compare Coldplay to that guy...

:shame:

It does sound like Paradise, not only at that moment, the melody appears multiple times.

I wouldn't call it plagiarism though because it's a fairly simple motif, but I'd say that he definitely got inspiration from Paradise.

I'm glad Coldplay is getting some extra exposure, even if it's this way. :wacky:

My personal opinion is that he is so very insegnificant to the world to even bother. But the media here is full of the resemblance between the two.

As Nikola said, Coldplay is getting some extra exposure in our part of the world, which is good.

this is not the first time that Serbia sends a stolen song in eurovision. The time when Serbia won the eurovision that song was completely stolen from an albanian song.

What the fuck are you talking about? :rolleyes:

What the fuck are you talking about? :rolleyes:

Here is the link ..you can find better links yourself i am not the one saying this this was officially true

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9THMs92gVZc]Serbia Eurovision Song Was Stolen From An Albanian Singer - YouTube[/ame]

And even the song lane moje or what is the title of that song that serbia got second place was stolen to ..typical serbians

Serbia Eurovision Song Was Stolen From An Albanian Singer - YouTube[/url]

First of all, I don't care about this stupid contest, and this has nothing to do with Coldplay. But these songs don't sound similar at all. They are the same type of song, but the melodies are not similar one bit. And this is the first time I've heard about this. Surely it would have been a huge scandal since our representative won the contest, but no one ever said anything about that albanian song. Also, no one ever said that the other song was a rip off. So please stop lying. You're probably albanian and this accusation has a political connotation. I don't want to get into this any further since I don't care about politics and this is not the place for this conversation.

First of all, I don't care about this stupid contest, and this has nothing to do with Coldplay. But these songs don't sound similar at all. They are the same type of song, but the melodies are not similar one bit. And this is the first time I've heard about this. Surely it would have been a huge scandal since our representative won the contest, but no one ever said anything about that albanian song. Also, no one ever said that the other song was a rip off. So please stop lying. You're probably albanian and this accusation has a political connotation. I don't want to get into this any further since I don't care about politics and this is not the place for this conversation.

First of all you must open ur ears and listen to it well. The singing line is almost 100% the same..and it was a huge scandal but of course they would hide it over there in Serbia...and it even went to court ..and i don't need to lie . Let me guess u are serbian right ? haaha i know it hurts to hear this but the truth is the truth. But i do agree with you eurovision SUCKS

First of all you must open ur ears and listen to it well. The singing line is almost 100% the same..and it was a huge scandal but of course they would hide it over there in Serbia...and it even went to court ..and i don't need to lie . Let me guess u are serbian right ? haaha i know it hurts to hear this but the truth is the truth. But i do agree with you eurovision SUCKS

When I head this year's song, I immediately thought of Paradise. If I thought that those songs sound similar, I would admit it, no problem, but I don't. Just the first word sounds similar, and that's it. You've gotta listen to the entire song, it has a lot more to it than just the chorus. And it wasn't "hidden". LOL. How could it be hidden with the internet and everything...

When I head this year's song, I immediately thought of Paradise. If I thought that those songs similar, I would admit it, no problem, but I don't. And it wasn't "hidden". LOL. How could it be hidden with the internet and everything...

This is the video when the albanian singer got shocked(she says the song looked similar to her two last songs ..but in the chorus as soon as i heard it i got shocked) of hearing her song sang by an other singer of course you dont understand it but just to show you that it got a big deal..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMPtwdUA1GE]Eurovision Plagiarism: Soni Malaj Interview - YouTube[/ame]

anyway i am stopping here because this has nothing to do with the song paradise.

Just to give a support to this reply.

And this song sounds a bit like Paradise, in few seconds. But it sounds much more like this one: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bemgqJ5U75o]Shrek Soundtrack - Fairy Tale - YouTube[/ame]

And I'm just ignoring those idiots who have heard of Coldplay now, because ESC song. :rolleyes:

People make such a fuss about motifs that sound the same. Today I heard about some women sueing Michael Teló for plagiarizing "Ai seu te pego"... :dozey:

And regarding Zeljko's song: fairly good taste, but sounds a lot better in Serbian.