✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

PoC video

wolstenfierce

I'm trying to point out that (according to Chris), Jonny, Will, & Guy do not want to be in music video. So the contract was that at least the frontman has to be in every video. Beside, this is a song about 2 characters, a male and female. What's the other guys to do? Just stand and watch? Just like in the Scientist video. The only difference is that Rihanna is famous and the actress is the Scientist was not.

Chris says a lot of things, half of it isn't true.

Yes, in The Scientist, there are only two characters. But in Princess Of China, there are several. I'm sure it would not have been difficult to find a role for Jonny, Guy and Will.

:nod:

Scratching head! I was still waiting for the CB release. Lost opportunity, really.

Why oh why?? I was hoping Charlie Brown would come first, but by the looks of it...its not :(

CB unfortunately has already been released i think back ON MARCH and was a huge FLOP Worldwide i know Coldplays standards that CB shouldve been a HIT becoz its one of the epic songs they have...

Charlie Brown was released on 3 February.

so when will they release the video?? any wild guesses??

I say it'll be released within the next week, since I read somewhere that it would most likely be released the 3rd week of May.

The update mentioned next week, they changed that into soon after they posted it.

I have no problem with this. Not sure why people are reacting negatively to just one thing Rihanna said... :\

It's not just one thing, she acts weird most of the time.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is would they have liked to be in the video. They probably don't mind

We don't know.

is the video of Rihanna not much Coldplay .

Yes, that's the problem. Most of the media and the public eagerly awaiting this videoclip just because Rihanna is inside. I'm sure if Jonny, Guy and Will were in the videoclip, it would have been more ''Coldplay''

Yes, in The Scientist, there are only two characters. But in Princess Of China, there are several. I'm sure it would not have been difficult to find a role for Jonny, Guy and Will.

Even if Jonny, Will, and Guy don't want to be in it? It's not a dictatorship. In this case they'd be just accessories.

It makes sense when it's a band of 4 doing their own thing.

How is Princess Of China not their own thing? Just because Rihanna is part of it? It's still a Coldplay song. When they release a new Coldplay video I want to see all four of them in that video, not just Chris.

I have no problem with this. Not sure why people are reacting negatively to just one thing Rihanna said... :\

It's not just one thing Rihanna said. It's all the stuff she said. This is all she had to say about this:

- I get to play a bad samurai bitch.

- I get to play a cute little geisha bitch.

- P. O. C

These are just very stupid and meaningless things to say. And - I feel - don't fit in the Coldplay universe. But that's just me. :)

I was wondering: is it possible that Chris and Rihanna get to kiss in the video? Sure, that'd be going a little too far, but their characters look very close IMO.

:stunned: they'd better not kiss, I'm sure Rihanna wouldn't want to face the wrath of fangirls :D

You can all shut the fuck up! you can't judge the video untill you have seen it.

I so agree, we've only seen a few clips, we don't even really know the story line

You can all shut the fuck up! you can't judge the video untill you have seen it.

Calm down...I have not given my opinion on the video. I wait to see the final result. But unfortunately, the other members of Coldplay are not in the video and it disappoint me!

How is Princess Of China not their own thing? Just because Rihanna is part of it? It's still a Coldplay song. When they release a new Coldplay video I want to see all four of them in that video, not just Chris.

:nod:

It makes sense when it's a band of 4 doing their own thing. Here they'd be just accessories with Chris and Rihanna being main characters. Not very appealing.

accessories?! :inquisitive: It's a joke?! There are many ways to integrate more characters in a video. Jonny, Guy and Will had their place in this videoclip as well as Chris and Rihanna. This would not have been difficult to find three roles for them without being'' accessories''

^^Are you serious? :rolleyes: Ok, they said no ... I did not know, but what's your source? but if they would have said yes, they would not have been a simple ''accessories''. And when I saw the Behind the scenes, I expected to see them and it's NORMAL!

There's the princess and the king (prince). What would the other guys be? Butlers? Why would they want to be in such demeaning situation?

^^Are you serious? :rolleyes: Ok, they said no ... I did not know, but what's your source? but if they would have said yes, they would not have been a simple ''accessories''. And when I saw the Behind the scenes, I expected to see them and it's NORMAL!

They must have been lying to us when they say time after time that Coldplay is a democracy, that they put every decision to a vote.

They must have been lying to us when they say time after time that Coldplay is a democracy, that they put every decision to a vote.

Ok, I'm tired of all of this. Presumably, I can not have an opinion. And I still think they should have been in the video. I would have loved to see them in it. That's it. see ya.

^It would be terrible if they were in the video that is supposed to be a love story between Chris and Ri. They would be like "inconvenient". By the way there are lots of videos that don't have all the members (The Scientists, Strawberry Swing, Yellow, Fix You (most entirely Chris)). So I guess it's more something about having Rihanna than not having all the members. My opinion.