✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

PoC video

wolstenfierce

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for me, Coldplay is Chris, Jonny, Guy and Will. I'm still sad that they're are not in the video.

Understood. If you listen to some of their interviews though, Chris lament about the other guys not wanting to be in Coldplay videos for whatever reason. According to their contract, Chris is the only member required to be in every single video, rain or shine. Which is the reason why you see him alone in Yellow. All 4 members were supposed to be there, but then Will's mom passed away and they had to improvise and shoot the video with Chris alone.

I get your point though.

Understood. If you listen to some of their interviews though, Chris lament about the other guys not wanting to be in Coldplay videos for whatever reason. According to their contract, Chris is the only member required to be in every single video, rain or shine. Which is the reason why you see him alone in Yellow. All 4 members were supposed to be there, but then Will's mom passed away and they had to improvise and shoot the video with Chris alone.

I get your point though.

Ok, according to their contract, Chris is the only member required. And then? Guy, Jonny and Will have their place in this clip as much as Chris. Coldplay is nothing without those guys. Already with this'' Behind the scene'' the media and the public believe this is a video of Chris and Rihanna, not Coldplay! I mean, they do not care about Jonny, Will and Guy. Everyone thinks that Coldplay=Chris, and it annoys me.

so can anyone answer this;; why does poc get an official announcement on coldplay.com about it being released as a single, and CB got nothing.. which contributed to the fact that CB flopped horribly in the states.. all it got was a a mention in the recordings section saying that it had been released in february? It was the most confusing single release ever.

Charlie Brown is always on my radio but then again Coldplay is a huge success in Australia

ya that's why I said states U.S.A... it did horrible here. Its interesting that here where I live In los angeles, california. u.s.a there cover of beastie boys is being played more than paradise or Cb or etiaw ever was.

Ok, according to their contract, Chris is the only member required. And then? Guy, Jonny and Will have their place in this clip as much as Chris. Coldplay is nothing without those guys. Already with this'' Behind the scene'' the media and the public believe this is a video of Chris and Rihanna, not Coldplay! I mean, they do not care about Jonny, Will and Guy. Everyone thinks that Coldplay=Chris, and it annoys me.

I'm trying to point out that (according to Chris), Jonny, Will, & Guy do not want to be in music video. So the contract was that at least the frontman has to be in every video. Beside, this is a song about 2 characters, a male and female. What's the other guys to do? Just stand and watch? Just like in the Scientist video. The only difference is that Rihanna is famous and the actress is the Scientist was not.

so can anyone answer this;; why does poc get an official announcement on coldplay.com about it being released as a single, and CB got nothing.. which contributed to the fact that CB flopped horribly in the states.. all it got was a a mention in the recordings section saying that it had been released in february? It was the most confusing single release ever.

Scratching head! I was still waiting for the CB release. Lost opportunity, really.

Scratching head! I was still waiting for the CB release. Lost opportunity, really.

CB unfortunately has already been released i think back ON MARCH and was a huge FLOP Worldwide i know Coldplays standards that CB shouldve been a HIT becoz its one of the epic songs they have...

^OHMYGOD yes, he's in the background towards 2:54.

Oops Tash, you beat me to it :D

It's too bad he's not doing a cameo appearance, huh? Like as one of Chris' imperial guards? :laugh3:

I agree with you guys; not too fussy that they picked Rihanna to collaborate with but it seemed to work for them on a number of fronts so, alright, let's see how it pans out! It might be good though. The behind-the-scenes looks pretty fun! I'm also curious to find out what the green screen unveils.

This seems to be part of the video?

Sure does :) It's also part of their tour (which I wish I was going to!! gah!!) when they come to that song in their set.

CB was the most confusing single release ever. When POC was released as the fourth single, I thought “what was third”, then I remembered it was Charlie Brown. I feel that song had very little promotion. POC might do better than ETIAW or Paradise since Rihanna has so many fans, but she also has a lot of haters so I fear some may hate Coldplay just because Rihanna happened to sing with them and appear in a music video.

I'm trying to point out that (according to Chris), Jonny, Will, & Guy do not want to be in music video. So the contract was that at least the frontman has to be in every video. Beside, this is a song about 2 characters, a male and female. What's the other guys to do? Just stand and watch? Just like in the Scientist video. The only difference is that Rihanna is famous and the actress is the Scientist was not.

Yes, in The Scientist, there are only two characters. But in Princess Of China, there are several. I'm sure it would not have been difficult to find a role for Jonny, Guy and Will.

I indroduit maybe Rihanna what's the problem?

I do not know where he is the thread:

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74868