✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

PoC video

wolstenfierce

^It would be terrible if they were in the video that is supposed to be a love story between Chris and Ri. They would be like "inconvenient". By the way there are lots of videos that don't have all the members (The Scientists, Strawberry Swing, Yellow, Fix You (most entirely Chris)). So I guess it's more something about having Rihanna than not having all the members. My opinion.

I still have to repeat myself?! I said that I would have loved to see them in the video. For my part, I firmly believe they could have a role without being an accessory or be a disadvantage. We have not yet seen the video. So you do not know if they could have a role or not. Nobody on this forum will not make me change my mind. Can you respect that? That there is Rihanna or not, I do not care.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say that if it's a story about a boy and a girl, they just need Rihanna and Chris in this. It's be sort of rude to make Jonny, Guy, and Will just stand in the background. It'd be one thing if it kept cutting to them playing instruments, but the songs mostly synthesizers and theres probably too much story to it for that anyway.

:stunned: they'd better not kiss, I'm sure Rihanna wouldn't want to face the wrath of fangirls :D

I don't usually ship real life couples, but I must confess I'm very inclined to ship their characters in PoC (regardless of what I really think of them as real life celebs), especially because the concept of Mylo Xyloto is said to depict some sort of conflicting love story or something; and maybe that's just me, but they seemed to share an interesting chemistry on-screen.

^^ well said about their chemistry, especially because they are so opposite in real life. She always goes after the bad boys and he's not really into the bad girls, so to see how it all evens out in character will be fascinating.

Overall I hope it's not a dud.

^It would be terrible if they were in the video that is supposed to be a love story between Chris and Ri. They would be like "inconvenient". By the way there are lots of videos that don't have all the members (The Scientists, Strawberry Swing, Yellow, Fix You (most entirely Chris)). So I guess it's more something about having Rihanna than not having all the members. My opinion.

Exactly! We wouldn't be having this discussion if Chris were alone with a bunch of unknown characters. There's plenty of evidence in their interviews that the guys don't really want to be in videos unless they have to.

I still have to repeat myself?! I said that I would have loved to see them in the video. For my part, I firmly believe they could have a role without being an accessory or be a disadvantage. We have not yet seen the video. So you do not know if they could have a role or not. Nobody on this forum will not make me change my mind. Can you respect that? That there is Rihanna or not, I do not care.

We can respect your opinion while disagreeing with you. :) The board would be boring if we all agreed all the time.

^^ well said about their chemistry, especially because they are so opposite in real life. She always goes after the bad boys and he's not really into the bad girls, so to see how it all evens out in character will be fascinating.

Overall I hope it's not a dud.

Fingers crossed!

There's the princess and the king (prince). What would the other guys be?

Samurai.

By now I can tell when he's joking and when he's being serious.

Really?

We wouldn't be having this discussion if Chris were alone with a bunch of unknown characters.

I still would like to see Guy, Will and Jonny in a video like that.

I think it's ok that the boys don't appear in a video like this. Perhaps they are not so fond of experiments as Chris is (riding unicycle, sword-fighting and stuff). I distinctively remember Jonny saying he loved each video in which he doesn't have to star. After all, I don't think they were driven out.

*And still I don't understand why this song couldn't have been just Chris-Rihanna collaboration. It seems that the whole band fits nowhere in this song. Strange producer decision.*

I was wondering: is it possible that Chris and Rihanna get to kiss in the video? Sure, that'd be going a little too far, but their characters look very close IMO.

I'll be pervi for what you just said closed ? :inquisitive:

in a castle that you never know. but it's not the point, Gwyneth might as well sing in POC.

scaled.php?server=208&filename=109c71329138602gwynethp.jpg&res=landing

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe4Ic7fHWf8]Rihanna - Te Amo - YouTube[/ame]

discussion of any sense bored me .

I don't usually ship real life couples, but I must confess I'm very inclined to ship their characters in PoC (regardless of what I really think of them as real life celebs), especially because the concept of Mylo Xyloto is said to depict some sort of conflicting love story or something; and maybe that's just me, but they seemed to share an interesting chemistry on-screen.

easy when you read the newspapers gossips of the paps.

Chris has started with this song this clip that is what has always been the same feeling in every song.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MwjX4dG72s&ob=av2e]Coldplay - Yellow - YouTube[/ame]

always find the same expression on the screen, and only the looks intensifies.

seat.gif

I think it's ok that the boys don't appear in a video like this. Perhaps they are not so fond of experiments as Chris is (riding unicycle, sword-fighting and stuff). I distinctively remember Jonny saying he loved each video in which he doesn't have to star. After all, I don't think they were driven out.

*And still I don't understand why this song couldn't have been just Chris-Rihanna collaboration. It seems that the whole band fits nowhere in this song. Strange producer decision.*

I said before

is the video of Rihanna not much Coldplay .

There are statements like that in so many of their interviews. For the last year, every day, I exercise, work, cook, clean while listening to Coldplay in one form or another. And I've heard plenty from all of them to know they were relieved not to be in this video. They just want to play music.

Although typically I would like to see all the boys in a video, I'm actually okay with it just being Chris here.

I'd rather the average person think that PoC is a Rihanna song featuring Chris Martin as opposed to a Coldplay song featuring Rihanna. Because that's what it sounds like anyway.

Tell me something I don't know. By now I can tell when he's joking and when he's being serious.

Ok ok I have an awesome story my dad was talking to this guy when yellow shuffled on the mp3. The guy goes oh do you know the story behind this song? My dad humored him and said no. Hes like well you see Chris Martin used to be a prison inmate and the guitarist was the warden. The song is about the color of the prison uniforms that were orange but hes color blind so he thought that they were all yellow then when he got released him and the warden started a band its true I heard him say it on the radio. Clearly not everybody gets Chris's sense of humorous. :laugh3:

Excited to see how the story unfolds. And I do like the hype that Rihanna is bringing to the group and the song. She didn't do a whole album with them, its one song. I can take her silly gangsta comments for now...;)

I was just reading the comments on the song's streaming video an there are comments like "the song starts at 1:18" (when rihanna comes in), or "the instrumentals between the lyrics are freaking me out!", "i just skip the boring parts without lyrics".

RIHANNA FANS ARE FREAKING ANNOYING!!!! If the whole song didn't have vocals it would still be awesome...

I was just reading the comments on the song's streaming video an there are comments like "the song starts at 1:18" (when rihanna comes in), or "the instrumentals between the lyrics are freaking me out!", "i just skip the boring parts without lyrics".

RIHANNA FANS ARE FREAKING ANNOYING!!!! If the whole song didn't have vocals it would still be awesome...

Cuz they're how i like to say "ignant"

The boring parts without lyrics? The lyrics are the boring part! :P

"The song starts at 1:18" ????!!!! UGH! That is so disrespectful to the band!:veryangry: