✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

PoC video

wolstenfierce

Okay so do people (still) think there might be backlash due to everything in the video having a Japanese theme although China is in the title? I told my husband about it and he just shook his head and said "wow that was stupid of them, people are going to criticize the band and maybe even say they're racist for lumping different Asian nationalities together and accuse them of not knowing the difference." Even if that's not what they're doing... there are people out there that are going to think that way.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I know that will happen and I do not see any point in this because the song's name is Princess of China but they could make some trolls, elfs, aliens in the video, because the video does not have to do anything with the song.

They just thought it would be nice to put some samurais and geishas in the video but I don't really believe they can misplace the two ethnics...

^This :nod:

Okay so do people (still) think there might be backlash due to everything in the video having a Japanese theme although China is in the title? I told my husband about it and he just shook his head and said "wow that was stupid of them, people are going to criticize the band and maybe even say they're racist for lumping different Asian nationalities together and accuse them of not knowing the difference." Even if that's not what they're doing... there are people out there that are going to think that way.

Ooooh yeah, that will happen :nod:

From what I've read, the concept is inspired by "old kung-fu movies". Still, they're totally mixing up cultures and that is just wrong. They didn't have to make it Asian-related anyway. That would have been easier for everybody.

Jeez what's wrong with you people, it's just a freakin MUSIC VIDEO for everyone's sake! If you want to argue about some weird music video, watch this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNSQTqNx3wk]Duck Sauce - Big bad Wolf - YouTube[/ame]

And now chill down, since when did music videos become so extremely important to everyone? I have the feeling people have too much time on their hands complaining about shit.

/rant over

No one will care about the video messing up cultures....like, I see flamingos, canaval and elephants every time a foreigner says something about my country and I don't care, even though the closests flamingos are in chile, the closest elephants are in africa and carnival is like one week of the year for most of the people.

You probably don't know a thing about the Chinese government, they banned the movie Memoires of a Geisha because japanese geishas were played by chinese actresses (read here, here and here)..not to mention Spies was not part of Parachutes in China because it could be interpreted to be against the government.

And to be honest, if they were to do a Princess of Italy and then use a torero or a flamenco dancer, I would be pissed off, not because I hate Spain (far from it), but because it would show a lack of research about the culture of the country they were talking about in the song title.

here[/url])..not to mention Spies was not part of Parachutes in China because it could be interpreted to be against the government.

And to be honest, if they were to do a Princess of Italy and then use a torero or a flamenco dancer, I would be pissed off, not because I hate Spain (far from it), but because it would show a lack of research about the culture of the country they were talking about in the song title.

Oh you know there is the saying all roads go in Roma :P

then just watch the TV Princess of China for all true men Coldplay in action :stunned:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IakDItZ7f7Q&ob=av2e]Coldplay - Violet Hill - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EuTA4jlpWA&ob=av3e]Coldplay - Lovers In Japan - YouTube[/ame]

other version is cute

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kVxpsi1XQ4&ob=av2e]Coldplay - Viva La Vida (Anton Corbijn Version) - YouTube[/ame]

Off-Topic:

Believe or not: Yesterday in the evening,around 9pm, Hurts like Heaven was played in our Radio-Station( called SWR 1) But the Intro was cutted. It was so strange because this Radio-Station usually plays only songs from the 80´s...i really went like that ->First::thinking: Second::shocked2: Third::o

Off-Topic:

could also put life in technicolor II (because solo)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNjC5ixoHP4&feature=related]Chris Martin Life In Technicolor ii acoustic - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK1B_5FyDPU]Chris Martin - Solo - Life In Technicolor ii (17th January 2009) - YouTube[/ame]

and Up in flame in B-Side is not so commercial.

Well, we should enjoy it, even it was Chinese, Japanese, Indian...........or what ever it is.

When the MV comes out, we just sit there and enjoy the whole MV. And don't piss it off.

I think there's no such a thing as 'we should...'. We can't predetermine what we will feel while watching it just because it's Coldplay. It's irrational and, as a matter of fact, it'd belittle what we actually enjoy and appreciate about the band. If we just sit and enjoy whatever they deliver, there will be no difference between what truly moved us and what didn't at all - and all the shades of grey in between.

Jeez what's wrong with you people, it's just a freakin MUSIC VIDEO for everyone's sake! If you want to argue about some weird music video, watch this:

And now chill down, since when did music videos become so extremely important to everyone? I have the feeling people have too much time on their hands complaining about shit.

/rant over

Totally agree.

Agree with suzanafg!

We're not like the fans of One Direction or so. But, fangirl actions are nice to do. Even if you're a boy.

I think they make a mistake to use Japaneese fighters in an video for princess of CHINA, they can get very much criticism on it. On the other side, Coldplay video's are almost never related to the song so, why it would be a problem if there are Japaneese fighters on a video for a song with CHINA in it's name?

suzanafg, you were right.

But that's not what I really mean.

Just enjoy it, because that's from Coldplay even it is bad or good. Don't blame it on them cause they didn't make that MV lol :D

I really don't like the ideas of the MV but when I remember what Chris said about the MX's inspiration, I was totally got over it. It was full of joys and happiness. Just believe it, Coldplay isn't those regular pop bands. They are Coldplay, they are different from the others.

Agree with suzanafg!

We're not like the fans of One Direction or so. But, fangirl actions are nice to do. Even if you're a boy.

I think they make a mistake to use Japaneese fighters in an video for princess of CHINA, they can get very much criticism on it. On the other side, Coldplay video's are almost never related to the song so, why it would be a problem if there are Japaneese fighters on a video for a song with CHINA in it's name?

It would have been OK if it wasn't Asian at all. But since it's something Asian, people will think they got confused between the Chinese & Japanese cultures.