✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[9-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Capital FM's Summertime Ball 2012, Wembley Stadium, London, England

==Setlist==

1 Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

2 Yellow

3 Princess Of China

4 Viva La Vida

5 Charlie Brown

6 Paradise

-----------------

Coldplay Set To Play Capital FM's Summertime Ball 2012

The 'Paradise' stars are the first act confirmed for the summer extravaganza at Wembley Stadium.

Coldplay

Coldplay have been announced as the first act confirmed to perform at this year's Capital FM Summertime Ball in London.

The band, fronted by Chris Martin, will take to the stage at Wembley Stadium in London on 9th June 2012.

Coldplay have enjoyed a hugely successful 12 months following the release of their fifth album 'Mylo Xyloto', which included the singles 'Paradise', 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' and 'Charlie Brown'.

As well as opening this year's BRIT Awards in London, the band are currently on a world tour in support of the album, and are due to play sold-out dates in the UK later this year.

The Summertime Ball 2012 line-up will also feature a host of some of the biggest names in music – with the rest of the acts ready to be announced later today.

Meanwhile, the band debuted a clip of their music video for 'Princess Of China', which features Bajan star Rihanna, on their current North American outing.

Tickets for the fourth edition of the event go on general sale on Monday (23rd April 2012) at 8am.

If you're a Capitalfm.com VIP or a Vodafone customer, you can get access to an exclusive tickets pre-sale now.

Keep your eye on the ball by visiting our special Summertime Ball area for all the latest information on this year's hit music event.

You can also follow all the action by liking Capital FM on Facebook and Twitter using the official hashtag #CapitalSTB.

link

Summertime Ball 2012

-----------------

Doors open for at Wembley at 2pm with showtime beginning at 4pm. The event is due to end at around 10.30pm.

-----------------

cpballcap.jpg

Capital Summertime Ball appearance announced

23 April 2012 12:14 pm

Band to play at Wembley Stadium bash on 9 June

news_line.png

cpwemb2.jpg

Coldplay at Wembley Stadium in 2009

Good afternoon. It's been announced that Coldplay are to perform at this year's Capital FM Summertime Ball, which is taking place at Wembley Stadium in London on June 9th 2012. It will be a busy day for the band who, of course, will also be playing their own show at Manchester's Etihad Stadium that night.

Tickets for the Summertime Ball went on sale today. For more information, including ticket details, click here.

Anchorman

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend who will be over in London on that day and would LOVE to see Coldplay.. so if there is ANY chance, we would go... But I need to find out before buying tickets though, as the rest of the acts would make me go screaming from the place!!

I know! :( Lord.. we'd need to be desperate.. (yes I know!) and there is no way I am buying tickets unless it's confirmed. Not even sure then..

Tickets for unreserved pitch standing are still available in case anyone is interested. But all the Gold Circle standing (stage side) are gone already.. plus the place wold be PACKED with screaming girlies..

Oh god.. I'm seeing them on June 2nd.. But my friend is over this day.. dammit.. :rolleyes: Coldplay you are ruining my life!! :laugh3:

Capital FM Fans Praise "Amazing" Summertime Ball 2012 Line Up

Justin Bieber, Katy Perry and Coldplay are among the artists set for this year's event at Wembley Stadium.

Capital FM fans have praised this year's Summertime Ball line-up as "amazing".

The 2012 line-up was confirmed today (21st April) during Capital Breakfast and features Coldplay, Katy Perry and Justin Bieber.

Usher and The Wanted are also set to perform on a bill that includes some of the biggest stars in international music.

Kelly Clarkson, Ed Sheeran, Jessie J, Example, Flo Rida and Pitbull complete this year's line-up.

Music fans from around the world have been reacting to today's announcement on Capital's Facebook and Twitter pages – and we've rounded-up some of the best responses below.

Hearing about Justin Bieber's confirmation, Summer Hilton wrote on Twitter: "Really arrrrrrr justin bieber at summertime ball whoop well getting tickets whhooop."

Another fan of Justin, Louis Borg, simple said "life complete", while Livy Hilton said: "Omg the summer time ball @CapitalOfficial sounds amazing!!!!!"

News that Coldplay were playing at this year's Summertime Ball sparked a frenzy on Twitter, with Samantha Cowan writing: "COLDPLAY....I NEED TO GET TICKETS AND GO AGAIN THIS YEAR!"

Aime Houghton wrote on Twitter: "cryin @CapitalOfficial summertime ball lineup involves @coldplay @example @UsherRaymondIV been moanin i wana see usher&coldplay for years"

Shortly after Katy Perry was announced as the final act for the show the social networking site went mad with anticipation for the singer's first confirmed UK appearance of 2012.

Sammi Scally tweeted: "just threw my phone across the room so happy! #KatyAtTheBall #excited."

You can check out the full line-up by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.

Tickets for the fourth edition of the event go on general sale on Monday (23rd April 2012) at 8am.

If you're a Capitalfm.com VIP or a Vodafone customer, you can get access to an exclusive tickets pre-sale now.

Keep your eye on the ball by visiting our special Summertime Ball area for all the latest information on this year's hit music event.

link

1.they could postpone the manchester june 9th show to a manchester june 11 show.
no chance

I'm guessing they'll open this concert during the daytime, hop into their LiTii chopper and head to Manchester to play in the evening, similar to what they did for Live8 and Glasgow in 2005. It couldn't get more simpler than that?

Marty you're not thinking 4th dimentionally!

Is this the best line-up ever? Katy Perry, Coldplay and Justin Bieber are confirmed for the Summertime Ball

They are joined by Usher, Flo Rida, Jessie J, Kelly Clarkson, Ed Sheeran and The Wanted for the annual Capital FM party

It might not be to everyone's taste but the Summertime Ball have just announced one of the most impressive line-ups ever.

Some of the biggest music stars on the planet will be performing at the Capital FM event - and they will undoubtedly be making diva requests backstage.

Katy Perry makes a special appearance just months after concluding her massive California Dreams world tour.

While Justin Bieber - who surprisingly is yet to hit number one in the UK singles chart - will also take to the stage.

Coldplay were also confirmed for the the event which takes place at Wembley Stadium on 9th June, and will host US superstars Usher, Flo Rida, Pitbull and Kelly Clarkson.

Additionally, Ed Sheeran, Example and Jessie J will also be performing alongside boyband The Wanted.

There's no sign of One Direction, though, after they foolishly thanked rival station BBC Radio 1 when receiving a Brit for the best single (What Makes Your Beautiful), as voted for by listeners of Capital FM.

Tickets for the fourth edition of the annual event go on general sale on Monday (23rd April) at 8am.

Alternatively, if you're a Capitalfm.com VIP or a Vodafone customer, you can get access to an exclusive tickets pre-sale now.

link