✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[9-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Capital FM's Summertime Ball 2012, Wembley Stadium, London, England

Their performance in London would have to be very short, and the first one. Otherwise it's almost impossible.

It's going to be short for sure, they won't play for hours when there are 11 headliners

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay Set To Play Capital FM's Summertime Ball 2012

The 'Paradise' stars are the first act confirmed for the summer extravaganza at Wembley Stadium.

Coldplay

Coldplay have been announced as the first act confirmed to perform at this year's Capital FM Summertime Ball in London.

The band, fronted by Chris Martin, will take to the stage at Wembley Stadium in London on 9th June 2012.

Coldplay have enjoyed a hugely successful 12 months following the release of their fifth album 'Mylo Xyloto', which included the singles 'Paradise', 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' and 'Charlie Brown'.

As well as opening this year's BRIT Awards in London, the band are currently on a world tour in support of the album, and are due to play sold-out dates in the UK later this year.

The Summertime Ball 2012 line-up will also feature a host of some of the biggest names in music – with the rest of the acts ready to be announced later today.

Meanwhile, the band debuted a clip of their music video for 'Princess Of China', which features Bajan star Rihanna, on their current North American outing.

Tickets for the fourth edition of the event go on general sale on Monday (23rd April 2012) at 8am.

If you're a Capitalfm.com VIP or a Vodafone customer, you can get access to an exclusive tickets pre-sale now.

Keep your eye on the ball by visiting our special Summertime Ball area for all the latest information on this year's hit music event.

You can also follow all the action by liking Capital FM on Facebook and Twitter using the official hashtag #CapitalSTB.

link

Summertime Ball 2012

Sorry if this is a silly question but what is this clip they're talking about? I've only seen some pictures.

EDIT: Nevermind, I've realized it must be the clip they're showing of Rihanna when performing the song with Chris singing along.

Q: What time does the Summertime Ball start and finish?

Doors open for at Wembley at 2pm with showtime beginning at 4pm. The event is due to end at around 10.30pm.

-----------------------------

Looking at previous Summertime balls they have an opening act and closing act that do at least an hour set, so Coldplay opening with an hour set til 5pm? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summertime_Ball)

Cutting it short though to get to Manchester for 8pm.

Anyways i got tickets for the Summertime ball to take my niece and how excited i was when they announced the 1st act :)

Missed out on the tickets for the London gigs this time so at least i see them here.

cpballcap.jpg

Capital Summertime Ball appearance

23 April 2012 12:14 pm

Band to play at Wembley Stadium bash on 9 June

news_line.png

cpweb22.jpg

Coldplay preparing for their first Wembley Stadium appearance in 2009

Good afternoon. It's been announced that Coldplay are to perform at this year's Capital FM Summertime Ball, which is taking place at Wembley Stadium in London on June 9th 2012. It will be a busy day for the band who, of course, will also be playing their own show at Manchester's Etihad Stadium that night.

Tickets for the Summertime Ball went on sale today. For more information, including ticket details, click here.

Anchorman

I couldn't quite believe that Coldplay were on the line up for an event like this, I don't really get it....however....my 6 and 8 year old daughters have been on at my husband and I for a while now wanting to see Coldplay (they're brainwashed, poor kids!).

My 8 year old loved Take That last year, but it was more of a show with different things going on, I don't know how they'd be with Coldplay, and from a completely selfish point of view I want to go to Coldplay and enjoy it rather than worrying about them!

With Justin Bieber and The Wanted on the line up for the Summertime Ball it's something we'd consider doing as they love them too, and I won't begrudge toilet breaks etc!

Summertime Ball 2012 Tickets Sold Out

Music fans snap up 80,000 tickets for the gig at Wembley Stadium in June.

Tickets for this year's Capital FM Summertime Ball have sold out – less than 48 hours after they went on sale.

Music fans snapped up 80,000 tickets to see the biggest artists in the world at Wembley Stadium in London on 9th June.

The 2012 Summertime Ball line-up features Coldplay, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber and Usher. Other acts set to perform at this year's event include The Wanted, Kelly Clarkson, Ed Sheeran, Jessie J and Example.

Tickets went on sale at 8am on Monday morning (23rd April) and the lucky fans who bought tickets will also see Flo Rida and Pitbull perform in London.

Although tickets have now sold out, Capital FM will be giving listeners the chance to win Summertime Ball tickets for this year's event.

Keep your eye on the ball by visiting our special Summertime Ball area for all the latest information on this year's hit music event.

link

Having bought 6 tickets last year for what I understood to be a Coldplay gig I feel ripped off, I dont care what they say, I have toured internationally with a band and know how hard it can be to do 2 gigs in one day. They will be contracted to do at least a 30 min set at Wembley then what? will they come to Manchester and then take the piss out of their northern fans all for the extra dollar? they are minted already and dont need the dough.

Disgusted in this, they wont even be able to get a proper sound check in and i am not arsed about roadies who can set up for them it aint the same at all.

TBH I am expecting a half arsed performance from them in Manchester because they will be worn out, the rest of the 2012 tour will be a blast for them but as a fan who has paid for the Etihad on the 9th I feel they have royally fucked us in the arse, I hope they prove me wrong and give me my 2011 Glastonbury experience again but x10.

• 1 month later...

Blinkered Views on Here!!

Having just read through some of the previous comments I'm amazed people are being so negative and concerned....

1. Coldplay were unlikely to turn down any chance to play at Wembley again!! They are currently the best stadium band in the world, and Wembley is one of the best stadiums in the world, and the quick set will warm them up for Manchester!

2. They will probably open the Summertime Ball at 4pm and do a half hour set (4.30), then helicopter from Wembley (1 hour max), so they will be at the Etihad by 6pm.

3. They will not be on stage at Etihad until 8.45!!!!!! (8.45 until 10.30pm)

I know this because I've just seen them at the Emirates on Saturday - and anyone thinking they will give a crap show at the Etihad doesn't deserve to be going!! You muppets!!

They were absolutely mind blowing, the Mylo Xyloto show is awesome!! It is the best live performance I have 'ever' seen - even in the pouring rain!

HAVE SOME FAITH PEOPLE... AND IF YOU DON'T ENJOY THE ETIHAD SHOW, YOU'RE ON ANOTHER PLANET!!!

...and btw I'm also going to Summetime Ball on Saturday (taking 11 year old son and his friends) and can't wait to see Coldplay for second time in a week, even knowing that it will be a much 'simpler' performance!