✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[9-Sep-2012] Coldplay @ Paralympics Closing Ceremony, London, UK (please post your reviews for Wiki,

Paralympics closing ceremony turning into a rap party as Jay-Z joins Rihanna in signing up

Jay-Z is promising London 2012 chiefs an “incredible performance” which will wow the audience of one billion worldwide

Jay-Z

It has been the Games to end all Games.

And now, fittingly, the Paralympic closing ceremony will be the most spectacular in history with rapper Jay-Z signed up to perform.

The global rap star, 42, will join Coldplay on stage, promising London 2012 chiefs an “incredible performance” which will wow the audience of one billion worldwide.

News of the star’s appearance is almost certain to sell out the final few remaining tickets for the extravaganza this Sunday.

A show source said: “Jay-Z and Chris Martin are close friends so he helped to get the rapper on board.

“They are putting together a spectacular set list – one likely to include a duet.

“It’s going to be one hell of a show and fans of both artists will be clamouring for tickets.

"The Paralympics has exceeded all expectation and, like the rest of the world, Jay-Z has been blown away by their bravery and athleticism.

“This will be a concert like no other and a fantastic end to what has been the most successful Paralympics ever.”

Rihanna

Jay-Z, who headlined Radio 1’s Hackney Weekend earlier this summer, is the latest big name to join the show, after pop star Rihanna was named last week.

She is expected to sing the collaboration track Princess Of China with Coldplay as part of the gig based on a theme of earth, wind, water, fire and ice.

The singer, 24, is also expected to belt out her hit, Umbrella.

Coldplay and Rihanna, meanwhile, played together in Paris on Sunday night.

Afterwards she poetically tweeted: “Coldplay f***in rules.”

Coldplay

As well as the chart stars, a new orchestra comprised of 17 performers with disabilities is also preparing to play at the closing ceremony.

The musicians, whose performance with Coldplay has been kept secret, gathered at a church in North London for rehearsals last week.

They are said to be working on tracks by the band.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/going-out/music/jay-z-to-join-rihanna-and-coldplay-at-paralympic-1301992

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god, if they do Princess of China and Lost+ I will not be happy. :angry:

If Coldplay and Jay-Z perform together, I don't see them not performing Lost :\

I kinda wished the Umbrella duet at the SDF would be a special, one time thing though, instead of a rehearsal for the ceremony :disappointed:

But I understand.

If Coldplay and Jay-Z perform together, I don't see them not performing Lost :\

I kinda wished the Umbrella duet at the SDF would be a special, one time thing though, instead of a rehearsal for the ceremony :disappointed:

But I understand.

But maybe it's just a guess, maybe they only wrote it because they played it in Paris, so it seems the only Rihanna's song they could play? :confused:

I mean, what is played should be kept secret until the show itself... Shouldn't it? :shrug:

But maybe it's just a guess, maybe they only wrote it because they played it in Paris, so it seems the only Rihanna's song they could play? :confused:

I mean, what is played should be kept secret until the show itself... Shouldn't it? :shrug:

Yes but they said it's a show based on the four elements....Umbrella suits the water part of the show.

Start being angry already b/c I think PoC will definitely be played. I don't know about Lost+ though.

I don't mind if they play PoC, after all it is their current single (I'm not counting HLH because I'm pretty sure even the band forgot they released that one :lol:)

It's not that likely that they will play Lost+ I reckon, because if they really are performing with Jay-Z then I expect they would pick a more well-known song. They have played some of Jay-Z's songs with him before haven't they?

Yes but they said it's a show based on the four elements....Umbrella suits the water part of the show.

A remix of Umbrella was used during the opening ceremony as umbrellas were the starting segment for it. Would make sense for it to be used in closing it too, especially with the theme.

A remix of Umbrella was used during the opening ceremony as umbrellas were the starting segment for it. Would make sense for it to be used in closing it too, especially with the theme.

It would be fair, then :thinking:

Ah Jay-Z as well......of course. For the biggest stage they have to show how "down with the kids" they are. Now they take to performing the computerised diva's songs. It just gets worst and worst.

I don't think its the matter of being down with the kids lol, Hell Jay-Z is older than all the members of the band. It's just because they're all friends and Chris wants his friends to join them. Plus this isn't the first time that Chris convinced Jay to do something that he is involved with. I wouldn't be surprised if kanye is next. :0

Few Q's about Sundays paraylmpivcs performance

The programme in on from 7 to 11.30 I think

Anyone have a idea what time they will be on?

Also how many songs will they be doing?

And anyone have any info Bout this bandstand thing there doing? What time ?

And is it still viva la vida?

Thanks for any help or info

Thanks

The programme in on from 7 to 11.30 I think

Anyone have a idea what time they will be on?

Also how many songs will they be doing?

And anyone have any info Bout this bandstand thing there doing? What time ?

And is it still viva la vida?

Thanks for any help or info

Thanks

Threads merged.