✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[9-Sep-2012] Coldplay @ Paralympics Closing Ceremony, London, UK (please post your reviews for Wiki,

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Ok i want to get a couple of tickets, whats the best section etc. to go for please?

Me too! I'm desperate to go.

I saw them live at Coventry in May, and Manchester twice in June! And I have also booked tickets to see them in Paris in September!

Are there any tickets left? How many songs do people envisage the band playing?

Thanks!

Me too! I'm desperate to go.

I saw them live at Coventry in May, and Manchester twice in June! And I have also booked tickets to see them in Paris in September!

Are there any tickets left? How many songs do people envisage the band playing?

Thanks!

i had a look into it the £100 tickets and more expensive ones are still avaiable. I can't imagine more then 4/5 songs really?!

• 1 month later...

A question about the gig at the Paralympics closing ceremony

Hey mates,

I'm so excited about my trip to London this September and I just remembered that the guys will be performing at the closing ceremony for the Paralympics... while I'm there! How freaking awesome is that?!

But I have a small question and hope someone here would be able to help out in a way - since I've never been to London before I'm not aware of how things are laid out at the event's location and I'm wondering if I'll be able to sneak a peek at the band even though I don't have a ticket?

I'm not sure if the Paralympics are doing this as well, but I just came back from going to some of the events and I had purchased a ticket to get into Olympic Park only and not attend any events. You might be able to overhear them from outside of the stadium if you were able to buy a ticket to get into the park..but I'm not sure if they are doing that for the Paralympics.

The other poster was correct though, they won't let you in without a ticket. They do a preliminary check as you enter the lines for security.

Good luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the xylobands will be used for Coldplay's performance at the closing ceremony!

From an article/interview with Jason Regler:

Now he has sold more than two million radio-controlled wristbands that light up in time to music and says they will be used at the Paralympics closing ceremony where Coldplay will appear.

link

Rihanna to close Paralympic Games with Coldplay

Rihanna has signed up to perform at the Paralympics Closing Ceremony alongside Coldplay.

The Bajan babe will perform a couple of her own songs before joining Coldplay on stage for their hit duet Prince Of China.

I’m told the spectacle on Sunday, September 9, will focus on the elements: earth, wind, water, fire and ice.

And unlike the Olympics Closing Ceremony the show will be dominated by just a few major acts and they won’t all be British.

My source revealed: “All the Closing Ceremony details are top secret but Rihanna has already started rehearsing.

“As soon as Coldplay signed up she was them on stage.” Coldplay turned down the chance of playing at the Olympic Closing Ceremony to headline the Paralympics instead.

And from what I hear it will be a profitable decision.

I’m told Chris Martin and co will perform a whole CD’s the obvious choice to accompany worth of their greatest hits throughout the gig.

If you thought Emile Sandé hogged the stage at the Olympics you haven’t seen anything yet.

My source said: “The Closing Ceremony is basically a glorified Coldplay concert.

“They will hardly be off stage.

“They were originally approached to do the main Olympics but turned it down for the Paralympics.

“They may only be getting paid a £1 to perform but they will make a fortune in royalties as their music flies up the charts afterwards.”

To honour the occasion the iconic band will also change the lyrics of hit single Paradise and change them to “Paralympics”. I’m told a megastar male solo singer has also been signed up but even my showbiz hounds haven’t been able to sniff that one out yet.

link

:stunned: Rhianna.... :dozey: Well OK... Big sigh..

I’m told Chris Martin and co will perform a whole CD’s the obvious choice to accompany worth of their greatest hits throughout the gig

what? is that even English?

sounds good though.. wonder if I can get tickets.. LOL..:laugh3:

I was just about to post that that is one of the worst written articles from a newspaper I've read in a while :lol: And they didn't even get the name of the song right!

You're right!

The Bajan babe will perform a couple of her own songs before joining Coldplay on stage for their hit duet Prince Of China.

:facepalm:

Whats the problem ?

It seems they perform a couple of songs,which is great !

AND: Its about giving honour to such great people,doing the sports they love nad Coldplay are performing for them. AND its not about which songs the coldplaying-community would like to hear performing them, its just about the paralympic-athletes !

Another article, basically the same content but at least it's better "written":

Rihanna And Coldplay To Duet At Paralympics Closing Ceremony

Rihanna is set to duet with rockers Coldplay at a spectacular Paralympics closing ceremony.

The Umbrella hitmaker will perform a couple of her own songs before joining the band on stage, according to The Daily Star.

They are expected to wow sports fans with a special arrangement of the Coldplay hit Prince Of China.

A source said: "All the closing ceremony details are top secret but Rihanna has already started rehearsing. As soon as Coldplay signed up she was with them on stage."

Coldplay rejected a slot at the Olympic closing ceremony to perform at the Paralympics instead.

The source continued: "The closing ceremony is basically a glorified Coldplay concert. They will hardly be off stage. They were originally approached to do the main Olympics but turned it down for the Paralympics. They may only be getting paid a £1 to perform but they will make a fortune in royalties as their music flies up the charts afterwards."

To honour the occasion the band will also change the lyrics of hit single Paradise and change them to 'Paralympics'.

Details of the show are a closely guarded secret but the theme is thought to focus on the elements - earth, wind, water, fire and ice.

Unlike the Olympics show, just a few major acts will perform and they will not all be British.

link

Oh God Rihanna :\

Cant wait to see the boys so if it means she pops along to sing PoC then so be it.....

Still think its wonderful that coldplay are doing the closing ceremony, they above all others will make sure the athletes have a ending they deserve!!!