✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Charlie Brown on the voice

lafferty23

im sure someone would probably have already posted this but on of the artists from the voice, bo bruce, covered charlie brown

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUR79oIYVV8]Bo Bruce performs 'Charlie Brown' - The Voice UK - Live Semi Finals - BBC One - YouTube[/ame]

thoughts?

Honestly, I like her voice, but I don't really like that cover: she made several mistakes with the lyrics, and Idk, maybe I'm the only one, but I feel she took away all the positive energy of the song. This cover feels weird to me, but at least she tried to make her own version of the song, I guess, so that's good.

Honestly, I like her voice, but I don't really like that cover: she made several mistakes with the lyrics, and Idk, maybe I'm the only one, but I feel she took away all the positive energy of the song. This cover feels weird to me, but at least she tried to make her own version of the song, I guess, so that's good.

yeah i agree completely, i like her voice and if you dont know the song it probably seems decent but like its just cant compare to the energy chris and the boys put into it

was just about to post an article on this :p

Bo Bruce returned to The Voice this evening, to battle for the final team Danny place in the series.

The 27 year old singer from Wiltshire was up against her pal Max Milner, for the last remaining place in Danny O’Donoghue’s group and performed Coldplay’s ‘Charlie Brown’ in a bid to win herself the slot on next week’s final show.

Coldplay performed the track earlier this year as they opened the 2012 BRIT Awards, it subsequently climbed up the UK chart to Number 30, meaning that beside former UK No1 hit “Paradise”, Coldplay had two songs in the UK Top 40.

It was the perfect song choice for Bo and she admitted on Twitter earlier in the week that she was planning to change it up a lot for The Voice’s penultimate episode. She tweeted a follower saying:

‘you wont recognise charlie brown tomorow, but its u i thank for pointing out the megatune x’

It’s nice to see a bolder side to Bo on stage tonight. She’s definitely got more presence, strutting around, and she even squeezes in a little bit of dancing! Wow! Bo’s voice is once again flawless on this track, and she’s totally at home on the stage tonight. Without question, one of our favourite acts this year.

Will praises Danny and Bo for stepping up the performances. He tells Danny that he “made her the superstar that she is”, and bubbles with enthusiasm for the performance. Jessie says that Bo could “sing anything and make it sound… Bo”. Danny says he’s proud of Bo and that she sings with grace and style, calling her the most individual artist in the competition.

Did you enjoy Bo’s performance tonight? Was it enough to win her a place in the final next week? Leave your comments below…..

VIDEO COMING SOON…

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/the-voice/the-voice-semi-final-bo-bruce-blows-us-away-with-charlie-brown-video/

I do like her voice and I appreciate that she's trying to make it her own, but it's just *too* different. It has none of the WOW! and passion that CB should have - there's no point at which I feel like I want to dance and jump around like I do with the normal version. And whoever's getting the lyrics for the songs needs to sort themselves out, there were so many mistake!

ok at 0:57 she mimicked chris's spinny move that he seems so fond of lately, and at the end, way to blatantly imitate an actual coldplay concert...at least the confetti wasn't shaped like butterflies. Decent cover, but I agree with coeurli, nowhere near enough energy and didn't try to use the awesome riff to generate some good audience vibes at all (which is what the song does best)

I swear no one can sing Coldplay apart from Chris idk theres just something about them

I like The Kook's cover of Violet Hill, even though I'm not a fan of them. About the CB cover, it's not bad, for talent show it's definetly not that bad.

I like The Kook's cover of Violet Hill, even though I'm not a fan of them.

:surprised: The Kooks covered Violet Hill ?!!

I have to listen to this :wideeyed:

edit: Oh it is pretty good indeed :awesome:

They made it their own, and it's very well done. Though I prefer the original by far.

I've been following the show on youtube. I was shocked when I heard Bo's choice of song b/c I've been liking her performances so far. I have to say it wasn't that bad at all as I didn't expect her to equal or surpass Coldplay. The purpose of the show is to display your vocal abilities and I believe she achieved that. She can probably sing the phone book and make it sound cool.

Now that Ruth is gone, I think it's between Bo and Tyler.