✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LOTR - Return of the King [SPOILERS]

rf_ucsd

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the movie was too longgggggg. my friends and i rushed to the back of the theatre so we could be the crowd and were about to go. but the movie didnt end, so we waited and it looked like it was about to end again, so we almost left and it came back on... and this happened 2 times. but w/e it was a good movie.

im seeing it tommorow. sooooo esxcited . but the friggin trailors give away the WHOLE ending at mordor. crazy trailor people. anyways. i wanted to go to a midnight screening before i left for cali but my mum said no cuz i had exams oh well. :/

Stupid mumeses ... we hates her! She keep us from it! She wants the precious, but she can't haves it! We gets it precious. We will get our birthday present.

the movie was too longgggggg. my friends and i rushed to the back of the theatre so we could be the crowd and were about to go. but the movie didnt end' date=' so we waited and it looked like it was about to end again, so we almost left and it came back on... and this happened 2 times. but w/e it was a good movie.[/quote']

I think going to see it again (which I think I'm gonna do tonight) I'll appreciate the endings more. It's not that the endings were back (looking back on it), it's just that there were a few places were other movies would have naturally ended.

But once you lose that expectation the ending should be tolerable. After 10 hours of movies, though, it's easy to not care about Hobbiton anymore (what the last 20 minutes is basically about).

I heard they were going to make the hobbit... but I don't know. We can only hope! :rolleyes:

They have talked about it, but one of the major problem is that it will be much more expensive for New Line (IF New Line did it). Though they won't have to get many of the actors back for major roles (save McKellan, they'd need to get a younger Bilbo than Holmes), the cost to option the work will be much more expensive. The Jackson/Walsh/Boyens trio are getting so much money for King Kong ... I imagine they'd need even more for a Hobbit movie.

But it's difficult to imagine The Hobbitt NOT getting made. Not many studios can walk away from a guaranteed box office, and The Hobbit is a guaranteed $100 million movie.

It's difficult for a movie to cost so much as to not make money at $100 million (though Matrix Revolutions has managed to do just that).

I thought was really good. I actually liked the ending. I didn't think it was too long cause it answered all of my questions. I thought they would have ended it kind of abruplty. I liked this movie and the first the best. The two towers was alright, but a bit more unbelievable.

On The Two Towers special edition DVD the writers make some concessions about that movie, saying it was the hardest to write because it wasn't establishing or concluding anything. Really, the movie ends up being Helms and that's it. But, IMO, TTT is clearly the third best movie ...

... but still super kewl :P

Yah, I think that may be the reason why it wasn't that great...because there was no real conclusion to the whole movie. The point was all about the tower....a little about the ring, but more about the towers. I also didn't like the fact that the humans fought for a little bit, but in the end the trees came and fixed everything. I think I liked some of the fight scenes better in the last movie.

The worst bit of the whole film was Eowyn's really cheesy line. I can't remember exactly what it is she says but the Witch King says to her that no man can kill him, so she whips off her helmet and says something like I'm not a man I'm a woman.

I absolutely adore Smeagol/Gollum in this. He definitely got some of the best lines.

everything was great except the ending, which was 40 minutes long of sappy teary sam and frodo hugging and staring at eachother. i had to see it twice in 2 days... i almost couldnt stand it the second time and was going to leave :P