✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

VLV Tour -- any official DVD releases?

Hey everyone -

The Viva La Vida tour was the first I experienced as a Coldplay fan, and it was amazing! Has there ever been an official concert video / DVD release of any shows on this tour? I know some are available on the bootleg circuit, just wanted to see if I missed anything, because that tour was incredible and I'm hoping the band has some sort of live documentation of it. Thanks in advance! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Chicago, Vancouver, Barcelona and Wembley have all been recorded from the Viva Tour. I was told by a source in the band, that Vancouver was for the archives. Barcelona was for the DVD but there were some pretty major mess-ups. Wembley was also for the archives.

Needless to say, they have the footage to do it. But will they?

Chicago, Vancouver, Barcelona and Wembley have all been recorded from the Viva Tour. I was told by a source in the band, that Vancouver was for the archives. Barcelona was for the DVD but there were some pretty major mess-ups. Wembley was also for the archives.

Needless to say, they have the footage to do it. But will they?

I'd love for them to release it someday.

• 2 months later...

Yes it is Mtv World stage in Japan and sound relief Concert in Sydney, but is not a whole Concert. The DVD is uninteresting. All seen @ Youtube etc. 1000 times.

Why is there no DVD with the Full Setlist like Düsseldorf or Hannover, or any other playces ?

After feeled 1000 times Myloxyloto Tour on Festivals, Radiostreams and live at place, would i see the viva la vida Tour again on DVD.

• 1 month later...
I have seen today a live DVD called violett hill for 12,95 € in a german market (Müller), is this an official DVD ?

Coldplay - Violet Hill: Amazon.de: Coldplay: Filme & TV

It is the MTV World Stage. They were going to film the oficial DVD in Barcelona, but there were technical problems during the concert.

I think the LRLRL audio is from there, in some songs Chris speaks in Spanish.

• 8 months later...

I would kill to have an officially released VLV Tour DVD! I can only dream that one day, say 15-20 years from now, they'll reissue the album, along with Prospekt's March, with additional unreleased songs like Famous Old Painters and all the b-sides like Goldrush and A Spell A Rebel Yell in some sort of box set/live DVD combo. With a documentary as well of course... *sigh* :dozey:

• Love 1