✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay MX comic panel at Comic-Con (13 July 2012)

inspectah94

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT THE COMIC YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! Wow theres swearing and sex references lol, this is cool the animated picture at on the back O.o the graphics are awesome... ill scan it now HAPPY DAYS

What sort of swearing and sex referneces? lol

I went back to the illustrator/art director Alex Fuentes' blog (http://losfokos.tumblr.com/). he has an update as of Aug 1, posted below.

So… hey.

It’s official. A couple weeks ago the band Coldplay announced the project I’ve been working on. It’s basically a comic book mini series telling the story of their main character Mylo Xyloto. Which is also the name their latest album. The mystery behind this peculiar name baffled their fans for quite sometime. Originally the comic was supposed to be an animated film but time was an issue… and so our sequentially illustrated version was born. There is still some talk of the film being made, though.

Mark Osborne, director of the first Kung Fu Panda, is writing the comic, along with script writer Dylan Haggerty. Steve Hamaker, colorist of the classic Bone series, is also on board.

The first 3 issues are done and I am currently working on the 4th. Also in the works is a music video I helped art direct that coincides with this project. That should be wrapped up sometime this week.

The book will be released in Feb, 2013. A small run was sold at Comic Con a few weeks ago and possibly another batch will be available prior to it’s official release. The cover for this pre-release was done by Vladmir Shelest.

Lots more to come…

IVE DONE IT. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I PRESENT TO YOU, THE MX COMIC ISSUE 1 COLOUR IS CRIME! [LINK REMOVED] Here is a little taster of the next issue [LINK/PIC REMOVED]

Now everyone better bloody thank this post because it took the entire day to scan edit rotate covert and collage the comic, and i am sooo tired

http://imgur.com/nboON,mgwxo,t37vn,2BmoT,awdBm,hudLz,jXJEB,4kaKl,KDkKE,cxMcd,XcFok,P3oQZ,GlrKC,C1Hvv,u0Ot7,bgXqW,QSOmB,Gcdn5,2hUM1,5BuOR,JB05u#0

Here is the link for an alternate source of the pictures, they were loading pretty slowly for me and I didn't know if anyone else had the same problem. And thank you so much Romy_MX! That was very nice of you and I think I can say for everyone we all appreciate it a lot. :P

^that might be because the pictures are huge! Which yes, means that it will take ages to load, but also means they are in hd, so you can see all detail. They are all like 1.2mb each, and all together 14.something. Anyway, I'm lucky because I have a Macintosh and fiber-optic broadband. so people with less good broadband/computer might find it hard to load so thanks :)

link removed[/url] <-- HERE IS THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE PDF OF THE MX COMIC. this means you can add it to your iTunes library and subsequently sync it to mobile devices such as iPhones. Your computer will read it as a book.

Thank you soo much! Not only do you take the time to scan the issue, but you also take more time to find the way that's easiest for us to read it. :)

^ or they both were inspired by the same thing? Who's to say that they even heard of Sprawl II? I don't think there's even that much resemblance. It seems to me both songs are about a same thing, but they have seen sung about in songs earlier too.

Chris is a huge arcade fire fan, him and Markus Dravs were both wearing AF tshirts when I met them, so they undoubtedly know Sprawl II.

@ page 17, when Mylo says "I could have caught another REM's worth of 'feed", what does he mean?

By REM I think he means like a REM cycle. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I heard there is a sleep cycle. One of the parts of the cycle is REM which is the part of the cycle where you're having dreams.

Speaking of which, I think that there is some relation between Mylo night feeding (what did they call it again?) and dreaming. The others seem to use it to watch dirty videos and blind themselves from society, but Mylo seems more like when he feeds he's going into dreams or something. I don't know yet, I'm still working it out.:P