✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay MX comic panel at Comic-Con (13 July 2012)

inspectah94

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silencia- The earth as we know it.

Mylo Xyloto- Mylo's calm characteristics.

Hurts Like Heaven- The foreshadowing of the rebellious side of Mylo under no restrictions that is driven by love and is free to graffiti the world and bring cooler through love. Living his whole life in his hypnofeed, he finally gets to feel real emotions such as pain, and hence it hurts like heaven.

Paradise- A restricted female character presumably Fly, who isn't content with the restrictions on her life and dreams of an escape. Dreams of the colours and music. The wheels is the industrial government harshly breaking the butterfly representing the color and life of nature that has been surpressed. the stormy night represents the dark phase of the world that she tries to close her eyes from. She then understands that the world must go in darkness first for it to shine light again and that offers her a glimmer of hope.

Charlie Brown- completely against the government,Mylo sets out to reach Fly in order to escape. Te rebellious nature of Mylo is revealed as his importance to true feelings and emotions are revealed as he becomes more and more proud of standing out (glowing in the dark) in the darkness of society. the concrete is the government and he is the life, love and nature of the rose that peirces the concrete, an opposite of the wheel breaking the butterfly showing that Mylo is consoling Fly that love will conquer all. The great level of events that is so dramatic makes mylo dizzy and also shows that he is covered in a world of madness and he is being chased in "all the boys, all the girls all the madness etc". But trough the madness they're proud of who they are and they glow in the dark luminously wires by their love.

Us Against The World- Now they are together, the reoccurrence of the theme that live conquers all and all they need is eachother pops up again as they begin to take sides and the 'us' in the title shows the fact that they are apart from society.The release from society and possibly the hypnofeed is shown in "lift off this blindfold". The tightrope shows the danger and unpredictable nature of their rebellious mission. The government, the devil, said they will protect the people with the tricky 'angel eyes' showing that the media was a propaganda. The lightning is the being struck by reality. The saints marching in show the beginning of war. like a river to a raindrop, Mylo loses Rex to the society or govt. A new struggle is going to start and they have to fight even though they wish to float away.

MMIX- The actual escape from the hypnofees. maybe this is what silences sounds like.

ETIAW- escaping from the restricted society and waving your flag of freedom against all odds. the issue is raised that their alien generation maybe destroyed and they are out to stop that.maybe they are in the black, on their knees begging but they won't stop fighting as their heart will beat and the cathedrals that symbolise togetherness is still in the heart. however they start to enjoy living as rebels, soaring walls and symphonize to sirens because mylo emerge blinking to tell her it's alright.

Major Minus- being chased by major minus' men(aliens lol) they are bind watched everywhere the go and have to be really careful not to be spotted. Fly starts to feel unsure about things but mylo asserts her saying ' dot believe a word, it's us against the world reminding her of their love'.,I wouldn't be surprised if fly was major minus' daughter. the crocodiles ticking is a Peter pan/mark osbourne reference of paranoia of being on the radar.However now he can hear them coming up the stairs, they have been spotted. left hand under the chair fighting with his right hand shows the inner conflict to fight or run away.

UFO- perhaps he escapes but loses fly. he's unsure about everything with no support and looks to GOd. he expects a upstream task and realised he's still got such a long way to go. he's looked everywhere for a good place to escape 'moved swim, for a place paved in gold' but he can't find any. war or a fight approaching as bullets fly and split the sky foreshadowing the destruction of silencia. but against all the darkness the ray of hope comes steaming through the holes.

Priness Of China- Major Minus has got Fly. and Fly is against Mylo now brainwashed by Major Minus' theory again. he is left to rue that he could have been a princess etc of a new world but she chose major minus path. but they stole their heart so their love still causes them to miss eachother.

Up In Flames- the loss of love results in a loss of hope and an inability to continue the fight. he starts to doubt himself and mylo is on the verge of losing everything.

AHT- he receives an enlightenment or hears Fly's cry that everything is going to be okay gain. A new confidence is gained and he continues the fight.

DLIBYH- Although it seems that everything was lost, he received the message and was enlightened not to lose hope and even though he lost a map and fell into the trap she said don't let it break your heart. the war continue and though heavily they bled, still on try crawl trying to catch the cannonballs hurled at them. a slowly burning tide approaches signalling the dying fire in his heart to the sea of shadows and the rain. Eveb though the whole world is covered in darkness still they're never gonna part. he falls unconscious. the heartbeat signals a nervous spell of unknown of who won the war. but the voice in his heart leaves him alive telling him 'don't let it break your heart'.

Up with the birds- he sees a beautiful world full of colors when he wakes up to the birds singing. then he goes off to find Fly and they walk into the sunset in e beautiful world.

Only 1 comic has been released. Let's not jump to conclusions.

Coldplay has quoted the Bible on multiple occasions. A Message, VLV, Yes, Us Against The World, Up In Flames, etc. They know their Bible. :nod;

Where's the biblical references in A Message and Up In Flames?

Where's the biblical references in A Message and Up In Flames?

A Message carries a ton of references. It's first two lines are taken straight from a hymn. The line "Your heavy heart is made of stone" is taken from Ezekiel:

Ezekiel 36:26 (NKJ)

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh."

"On a platform, I'm going to stand and say that I'm nothing on my own."

John 15:5 (NKJ)

"Without Me you can do nothing.

without Love you can do nothing.

I especially love the line, "And I'm on fire for you, clearly". To me, this in an obvious 'personal' song from Chris, that shows his belief in God.

As for Up in Flames, ignore that one. I didn't mean to put it. :lol:

Offtopic:

Come on people, Yes IS about lust... stop saying songs are about suicide, their suicide phase was 12 years ago.

The way I see Yes:

The guy is in love with a married woman, they do things, her husband finds out and throws him off the roof.

^It was never said it's about suicide or sadness, or even trying to influence suicide (like Muse), not about suicide at all. There is just a citation of a wish. It's just the guy in the story is in a prison, he has no expectations to escape, nor to be released, so what's the only thought that remains to be thought? Suicide. That's how Death comes to the story. In the end they are moving him from his jail or whatever like this and in a moment of distraction, he escapes... it makes perfect sense coming after Lovers In Japan (when he is captured) and Reign of Love (when he is unconscious). That's why Yes begins with that bitter sound. The bitter sound of waking up and discovering the reign of love you dreamed of is a lie and you are actually on a jail.

But whatever, everyone can interpret the song like it pleases them. I only think putting all songs in a line with a background story is much more cool than random stuff...

Ok so what we know so far without jumping to any conclusions:

HLH - pretty obvious; overview of the story from the point of view of the sparkers. Although the refrain is a little confusing to me.

Paradise - I'm assuming well get a backstory on fly (butterfly).

CB - Mylo discovering the underground world of the sparkers.

UATW - ??? Maybe mylo and rexs friendship is torn apart (I lost a friend)

etiaw - same as hlh the rebellion of the sparkers. This time possibly joined by mylo?

mm - Obviously the introduction of major minus.

Ufo - ???

Poc - ???

up in flames - ???

dlibyh - ???

Uwtb - ??? Its weird how this is issue four and not six. I wouldnt think the album ends by issue four but that's just me.

Does this seem right to you guys?

Hey guys I would just like to know if any of you has any info on where and when the Comic will be available? Thanks in advance!

The band said that the first/variant cover issue will be available at Comic Con and for the rest of the public, wait til February 2013, but no specific date. Aaaaand, the comic will be available from any store listed on this site .

Also, I'm thinking that Paradise will be Fly's backstory, maybe like when she was little and dreamed a lot then she grows up and realizes that the world isn't really what it seems like in her dreams and she goes back to dreaming and stuff....

this[/url] site .

Also, I'm thinking that Paradise will be Fly's backstory, maybe like when she was little and dreamed a lot then she grows up and realizes that the world isn't really what it seems like in her dreams and she goes back to dreaming and stuff....

Thank you very much! I really do hope they release te first issue soon because february seems like a long time from here hehe, and yeah for the song I can only imagine the storyline while listening to MX!

Ok, Everyone. Are you ready for this? Here are the first 9 pages of Mylo Xyloto. There are 36 total pages.

*photos removed due to copyright reasons*

The comic wasn't making any sense to me until I realized i was reading the pages backward. :laugh3: That whats happens if you spend too much time reading Japanese comics.

this[/url] site .

Wow I live super close to like 2 shops, now if only they'd release it now rather than February lol