✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay MX comic panel at Comic-Con (13 July 2012)

inspectah94

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mylo Xyloto Prequel Video

Mylo-1-Cover.png

Here’s some big news for both Bongo Comics and Coldplay fans. In anticipation of the release of the six-issue Mylo Xyloto miniseries (which previewed at the San Diego Comic-Con International this past July), Coldplay has unveiled the animated video for “Hurts Like Heaven,” the fifth and final video single to be taken from the band’s hit album Mylo Xyloto.

The video, directed by Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda, MORE, and the upcoming The Little Prince), charts a graffiti gang's colorful, but doomed rebellion against Major Minus and his oppressive regime. The animated video serves as a prequel to the six-issue Mylo Xyloto monthly comic series to be released by Bongo Comics beginning February 2013.

An exclusive making-of film for the video is available to Android users via the Xperia Lounge app (http://cldp.ly/xperialng). The app also features two full tracks from Coldplay’s eagerly-awaited concert film / live album, Live 2012, which will be released on 19 November on CD/DVD, Blu-ray & digitally.

Watch the video now at www.coldplay.com and while you are on the site, preorder the entire Mylo Xyloto series.

link

it also says: "Pre-order the Mylo Xyloto comic series and receive six free exclusive images as digital downloads."

I did not get a link to any digital downloads :S

what bothers me more is that I did not receive yet the comformation e-mail. I checked if the mail address was correct and it is and also did it not end up in the junk folder :S Luckily I still have my order number and my creditcard payment overview :(

Just pre-ordered the 6 comics tonight. Very excited!

I do have a question though. Does anyone know when the payment will be finalised? Will the full cost be taken off in one lump sum or spread out over the 6 issues? Because my card expires in March 2013 and I will be sent out a new card with a different security number on it. Will my comic payment already be taken out before March? I don't want to miss out on this series at the last minute...

Hey look what CNN Mexico says about the comic: http://blogs.cnnmexico.com/la-pantalla/2012/10/10/coldplay-estrena-el-trailer-de-su-videocomic-mylo-xyloto/

"Cada fragmento acompañará una canción y contará una historia distinta. Las preventas ya están disponibles en la tienda en línea de la banda británica."

"Each comic will be accompanied by a song and will tell a different story. The prevent is already available in the band's online shop."

Sorry for my english, I didn't know how to translate the first part but It says that the comics will come out with a song...

Is it true??

Hey look what CNN Mexico says about the comic: http://blogs.cnnmexico.com/la-pantalla/2012/10/10/coldplay-estrena-el-trailer-de-su-videocomic-mylo-xyloto/

"Cada fragmento acompañará una canción y contará una historia distinta. Las preventas ya están disponibles en la tienda en línea de la banda británica."

"Each comic will be accompanied by a song and will tell a different story. The prevent is already available in the band's online shop."

Sorry for my english, I didn't know how to translate the first part but It says that the comics will come out with a song...

Is it true??

Nice find! AT Comic Con they gave us a few titles...

Issue 1- "Color is Crime"

Issue 2- "Cover Up"

Issue 3- "Another World"

Issue 4- "Up with the Birds"

Perhaps if Issue 4 is about UWTB, then the other titles might allude to songs as well.

Is it true??

Interesting! It does make sense though as the car kids are spreading color AND sound. This is getting better and better :) Anyone have any idea about the digital downlods which should come with the comic pre-order? I have yet to receive them :(

I haven't received them yet either. All I have so far is an email I got confirming my order details and an order number.

I checked my Account balance and my 'available balance' is 38 dollars less than my overall balance, which is exactly how much the comics were. So it looks like it's prepped to approve the payment.

Are you sure ?

yeah it doesnt say its a pre order (im on about the one with only 500 copies)

anyways got this reply from them:

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Live Nation Merchandise. As soon as we receive the merchandise from the manufacturers the order will fulfill and ship. You will also receive an email stating that it has done so. Usually merchandise takes 1-4 weeks to receive. We are unfortunately at the mercy of the manufacturers.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Becky

Live Nation Merchandise Customer Service

http://www.store.livenation.com/

Toll Free (US): 800.767.7160

International: 001-434-244-7300

First Live DVD, then calendar, now this

They just want money

The calendar is "basic" merchandise, I mean it's not surprising. To me a calendar is the same as a mug or a t-shirt. The Live DVD, well it's the first one in 9 years, it was time! And they're not going to make a lot of money from the sales of the comic! Not only they're not expensive, but only a very small part of their fans will buy them. The package comic + lithograph is expensive, for, what, a poster, basically, so I think that they make more money on that. But again, I don't think there will be that many people buying the comic & lithograph.

So, no, I don't think that they sell those things just because they want money :)

Oh, and, also, what Marco said :nod:

yeah it doesnt say its a pre order (im on about the one with only 500 copies)

I have checked again the Live Nation website, and indeed they don't say it's a pre order.

Then it's awesome if we get it soon, I'm pretty impatient :smug:

As for the ones who say Coldplay just want to make money, it's false.

They just want to please their fans.

I pre ordered the live 2012 and the MX comic and I'm thrilled.

You don´t need to buy any of the above if you don´t want to :) On the other hand, there are some who are thrilled with those offerings :lol:

I want all of them, but don't have money, that's why I'm angry :p

It's time for Coldplay to pull a Radiohead and leave Parlophone/EMI.

I want all of them, but don't have money, that's why I'm angry :p

It's time for Coldplay to pull a Radiohead and leave Parlophone/EMI.

:nod:

Things are not going well in the music industry nowadays and will get even worse in the next years , economically speaking. This means labels will use more gimmicks to make more money as they can from the acts they own (like the whole AMEX presale thing for the concerts, which really annoyed me).

:nod:

Things are not going well in the music industry nowadays and will get even worse in the next years , economicaly speaking. This means labels will use more gimmicks to make more money as they can from the acts they own (like the whole AMEX presale thing for the concerts, which really annoyed me).

Yes, this, and they also happen to control the band and force them to release shitty, catchy pop songs just to make money more easily, as they're all in economical crisis.

Yes, this, and they also happen to control the band and force them to release shitty, catchy pop songs just to make money more easily, as they're all in economical crisis.

I don't think it influences much on Coldplay's music, they will sell millions even if they release an folk instrumental eletronic album.