✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay MX comic panel at Comic-Con (13 July 2012)

inspectah94

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my friends had her friend who attended pick me up a copy. It's only costing me like 5 dollars or so. He didn't get it signed, but I didn't really want a signed copy anyway. I'm just glad I managed to find a way to get one because last I heard there are some going for like 60 bucks on ebay if not more.

I agree :nod::nod:

When we only had the Comic Con cover, one of my bad feelings about the comic concerned the style of drawing, and, yes, I thought it looked a bit "childish" and was a bit worried the actual comic would be like that. This bad feeling is now gone :D

I agree, the first picture we saw before Comic Con looked lame and as you say, 'childish'. But the actual artwork inside of it is so amazing and well done.

Hey guys!

I just got my comic from from ebay, and I'm looking forward to writing up a little review/ interpretation/predictions. I currently don't have access to a scanner, but I'm hoping to pick one up in the near future. That said, I have two questions:

How do you add a "spoiler" icon to a post?

What is the best way to share this content without breaking any rules of the forum?

1- to write a spoiler simply do this: "[*spoiler*] write what you want here [*/spoiler*] (without the "*")

2- to do not break forum rules, simply say "Hey guys, I have the scans, PM me for a link". Then people will PM you and you will send them back the link to the images/pdf

I've just won a bid on eBay and the comic is coming through the post. My morals are already broken, this means that I'm perfectly okay with pirateing the comic by posting it on the thread. Anyway, since we are all coldplayers here, I'm sure that you will all buy the version that will come out in February. I'm going to :)

I just need to know, I won't get kicked if coldplaying.com or anything like that if I post it here will I?

Would I be breaking forum rules?

I've just won a bid on eBay and the comic is coming through the post. My morals are already broken, this means that I'm perfectly okay with pirateing the comic by posting it on the thread. Anyway, since we are all coldplayers here, I'm sure that you will all buy the version that will come out in February. I'm going to :)

I just need to know, I won't get kicked if coldplaying.com or anything like that if I post it here will I?

Well I think if you put it in the thread it'll be taken down. But I don't see anything wrong with P.M.ing people...

The Silencers (moderators) won't let you post it here but i would greatly appreciate it if you PM'ed it to me since i'm planning on buying it anyways once it's released here in México :)

My favorite author by far :)

But seriously, for anyone's that read Fahrenheit 451, Mylo Xyloto is the main character, Guy Montag. Not accusing Coldplay of stealing or anything because I don't really care, but the similarities between what we've seen of the comic and that novel are uncanny (the hypnofeed, the silencers, the sparkers, an oppressive society, etc.) Just thought I'd share!

yes, they are. These are re-occuring themes in books. I think Mylo Xyloto is heavily influences by classic books about utopia, like Brave New World, Nineteen Eighty-Four and Fahrenheit 451. They share a lot of aspects. In Brave New World, for example, there is also a hallucinogen (drug) that reminds me a lot of the hypnofeed. In Nineteen Eighty-Four there is the theme of male protagonist and female rebel turning the guy into a rebel as well. Equilibrium is a movie based on these books as well. There books are also banned, I think that one even resembles Fahrenheit 451 more than Mylo Xyloto.

^ or they both were inspired by the same thing? Who's to say that they even heard of Sprawl II? I don't think there's even that much resemblance. It seems to me both songs are about a same thing, but they have seen sung about in songs earlier too.

^ or they both were inspired by the same thing? Who's to say that they even heard of Sprawl II? I don't think there's even that much resemblance. It seems to me both songs are about a same thing, but they have seen sung about in songs earlier too.

Sprawl I is better...