✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Big Coldplay announcement due next week"

ColdplaySheffield

Hi all. I was tuned into Bauer Radio yesterday (the same station that broadcasted the Coldplay InDemand at Sunderland a couple of weeks ago), and after they had played Princess of China over the airwaves the presenter said there is a "Big Coldplay announcement due next week".

Now I don't have a clue what he's talking about, so I'd love it if any of my fellow Coldplayers did :wink3: .

He didn't elaborate whatsoever, so this has left me excited, but somewhat irritated!

I so bloody hope they announce more UK dates on their tour! I'd aim to go to every single one! I went to Coventry and Manchester twice, and also going to Paris in two months, but I can't get enough of them!

I'm so intriguied by what the news is :thinking:.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

comic mini-series :nod:

Yep. Comic-Con starts next week in San Diego.

From the schedule of events.

Friday, July 13

1:00-2:00 Bongo: Mylo Zyloto— Every album begins with the germ of an idea, every song tells a story, and now it is finally revealed that there is a secret narrative behind Coldplay’s newest hit album and its enigmatic title Mylo Xyloto. Three years ago, frontman Chris Martin teamed up with Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda, The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, and the upcoming The Little Prince) to develop the epic story that has gone on to inspire such chart-toppers as “Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall,” “Paradise,” and “Princess of China.” Join the creative team behind the new comic miniseries Mylo Xyloto — Alejandro Fuentes, Steve Hamaker, and Dylan Haggerty — and prepare to experience the sights and sounds of Coldplay in a whole new way. Room 23ABC

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci12_prog_fri.php

comic mini-series :nod:

Friday, July 13

1:00-2:00 Bongo: Mylo Zyloto— Every album begins with the germ of an idea, every song tells a story, and now it is finally revealed that there is a secret narrative behind Coldplay’s newest hit album and its enigmatic title Mylo Xyloto. Three years ago, frontman Chris Martin teamed up with Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda, The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, and the upcoming The Little Prince) to develop the epic story that has gone on to inspire such chart-toppers as “Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall,” “Paradise,” and “Princess of China.” Join the creative team behind the new comic miniseries Mylo Xyloto — Alejandro Fuentes, Steve Hamaker, and Dylan Haggerty — and prepare to experience the sights and sounds of Coldplay in a whole new way. Room 23ABC

:surprised:

:dance::dance::dance:

Friday, July 13

A comic? I'm getting nervous, I have a feeling that if it's a comic I probably won't like it.

Bands don't say there is a big announcement coming next week for a split.A press conference announced for the day before a split, yes. I think & hope it's extra dates & the Coldplay film.

Usually no, especially not when a band has several months of commitments still on the calendar. That said, it could still be a hiatus or something equally unpleasant without being a split per se. I'm not saying I think it's going to be anything of the sort, but if it was an amicable split, along the lines of "eh, we'd just rather do other things for awhile", it could very well include a press conference.