✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The band members.

princess_of_china

It was sarcasm not a question:)

This thread isn't exactly hurting anyone. I don't see what the big deal is. She's new, she made a Thread, two infact,yes, there may be other threads that are similar but she was being sociable. I just don't get it. Why are the terms and agreements getting involved, calm down.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was sarcasm not a question:)

This thread isn't exactly hurting anyone. I don't see what the big deal is. She's new, she made a Thread, two infact,yes, there may be other threads that are similar but she was being sociable. I just don't get it. Why are the terms and agreements getting involved, calm down.

You can be sociable on pre-existing threads and you'll be accepted way more pleasantly :nice: there's a good Dale Carnegie quote on this matter: You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.

You can be sociable on pre-existing threads and you'll be accepted way more pleasantly :nice: there's a good Dale Carnegie quote on this matter: You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.

THIS !!! :D

There is no big deal. She wanted to be sociable? Every thread here IS sociable. Everyone is happy to be sociable to new members in EXISTING band member threads. Your cousin has already got a warm welcome in the Chris thread at least. If she needs to know something about band members she can read through the pages of the specific threads and easily find it or if she wants to ask people it's fine as well.

I hope you both get the point, no one intends to be mean to you, but it's just a fact that we don't need too many similar threads :)

Yes, you can be sociable on other threads, but I/ we didn't know that making one of your own is such a problem. I/we were interested in other people BEFORE we made this thread thank you very much, an example of this is on the 'post pictures of the gorgeous chris' thread. nice of you to make us seem so self-absorbed. Personally, I think this is just ridiculous. Get over the fact that a thread has been made. She wanted to get herself known, get a popular thread going. AND, if you look at me previous threads that have been started by me, you'll see that one of them is called 'LET'S MAKE FRIENDS'. Now, please inform me why this makes me want people to be interested in me and me only rather than me be interested in them.

^ I'm not sure I understand why you think it's directed at you :confused: It's not you who started this thread, right? I don't have anything against the ones you did start, they're perfectly normal.

She wanted to get herself known, get a popular thread going.

I'm sure this is not a way to make yourself popular here. Unless you like negative fame. :shrug:

This is fun! Though I hope it gets deleted. No Tash, no order around here :lol:

^ I'm not sure I understand why you think it's directed at you :confused: It's not you who started this thread, right? I don't have anything against the ones you did start, they're perfectly normal.

I'm sure this is not a way to make yourself popular here. Unless you like negative fame. :shrug:

This is fun! Though I hope it gets deleted. No Tash, no order around here :lol:

She's new. I'm not. I didn't even know making a thread that is is similar to others would get you 'negative fame'.

Jeez guys, why is it such a big deal? Why is it wrong for me to make a thread about the band I love, I mean, this is what the site is for right?

Quite frankly, this was just created so I could talk to people about the band without having to look through thousands of other pages to know what they are talking about. I'm sorry if it bothers you but I don't know what I have done wrong.

Also, if you think this is spamming, why don't you check out some other thread people have posted about themselves, or counting to one thousand/million.

Honestly, I was quite happy having discussions and laughs about Chris, Jonny, Will and Guy before some of you butted in talking about spam. I'm sorry for making use of this website.

Such intolerance on a place where we all come to talk about the band we love! If there's something wrong with this thread, I'm sure 1 of the many moderators will deal with it in a discrete way. Why make a young person who has discovered Coldplay and thought she was coming to a friendly place feel so unwelcome? What does it accomplish?

Usually threads like this are merged/deleted/disappear into nowhere thanks to our great mods. Unfortunately, Tash is on a well-deserved vacation.

And yes, now I really do want to suggest reading a lot. No one is going to hit you on the head if you ask questions about members on THEIR threads, but don't expect to be presented with a full list of everything people know.

EDIT: Random Coldplay Thoughts is a great place to start, even to ask questions, I believe.

I'm terrible at putting down this stuff in text, so let's hope it comes across. Look, there's no need to feel offended here. You're taking it way to personal there's NO NEED to act childish. We're just trying to point out the fact that everything you two would like to know about the bandmembers can be found in other threads. For example, you can find loads of nice facts in the 'Coldplays Twitter thread', because they did a Twitter Q&A a couple of weeks ago. Or just use the freakin search function! What everyone's trying to do is to keep the place a bit organized, otherwise the useful threads are gonna get lost in hundreds of pretty useless threads like these. And that isn't beneficial to current members, and certainly not to new ones.

Next to this, I'd like to point out the wonderful 'Personal Message' and 'Visitor Message' options, in which you can have a gazillion conversations without clogging a thread with stuff that only the two of you can understand.

Only the two of us can understand? Well why bother coming to it and arguing? Haha!

Yes, that was an option, but she decided to make a thread. This is a good thing because of the following:

1) you can make friends/get to know people by making a thread.

2) you can make a popular thread which, in the long run will benefit other people.

3) you can come back to this thread if needed for some information.

4) you can have fun, and talk to people on a brand new thread, without having to introduce yourself, be a newbie and whatnot.

Although, we have ALLREADY introduced ourselves and we are a newbie on another thread which happens to be about chris.

The end ;)

I'm terrible at putting down this stuff in text, so let's hope it comes across. Look, there's no need to feel offended here. You're taking it way to personal there's NO NEED to act childish. We're just trying to point out the fact that everything you two would like to know about the bandmembers can be found in other threads. For example, you can find loads of nice facts in the 'Coldplays Twitter thread', because they did a Twitter Q&A a couple of weeks ago. Or just use the freakin search function! What everyone's trying to do is to keep the place a bit organized, otherwise the useful threads are gonna get lost in hundreds of pretty useless threads like these. And that isn't beneficial to current members, and certainly not to new ones.

Next to this, I'd like to point out the wonderful 'Personal Message' and 'Visitor Message' options, in which you can have a gazillion conversations without clogging a thread with stuff that only the two of you can understand.

Point taken! But what are the mods for since all of us can do their job?

We meet at these Coldplay concerts and we act like old friends b/c of the passion we share for the band. It would be great to do the same on the message board. This thread didn't need to get this negative. If you disagree with it, you either stay out or report it. That would be the decent thing to do.