✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The band members.

princess_of_china

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure. Do you have a link to that other interview you were mentioning?

I wish I did, I loaded some stuff (Coldplay, naturallY) onto my Itunes and it appeared, I do not even remember having saved it! It was a really lovely interview, Jonny was going on about how Chris is so hard on himself and Chris goes to Jonny, "what is with you??"

I can't for the life of me fathom why he gave such a good interview with Howard. Howard was really grilling him on stuff.

Because Howard is a masterful interviewer. He always gets his subjects to open up. He has a way of making them feel like they are just having a conversation and not being interviewed.

Chris gives better interviews when he is comfortable with the interviewer. I was listening to an old interview with the deejays that gave Coldplay their big break in Los Angeles, and he was laughing and joking and having a great time. He tends to be grumpier when he's asked about Gwyneth or just asked stupid questions in general. I can't for the life of me fathom why he gave such a good interview with Howard. Howard was really grilling him on stuff.

Ah! That's the interview at KROQ with Kevin and Bean when they were promoting Viva La Vida in June 2008. It's not on youtube but it can be found in the Multimedia thread. Yes, that's a real fun one as well.

About the Howard Stern show, I think Chris knew what to expect so he came very well prepared. But also, love him or hate him, Howard is really good at what he does. He showed real interest in Chris' job. It wasn't all about personal stuff.

Here's another good one if you haven't watched it yet. And of course now I have to watch all 3 parts as well. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1J5_uW-NM4]Chris Martin funny Interview 1/3 on-Air R.Seacrest 7-17-08 - YouTube[/ame]

Because Howard is a masterful interviewer. He always gets his subjects to open up. He has a way of making them feel like they are just having a conversation and not being interviewed.

This!

I recently found his interview with Jay-Z on youtube and it was amazing.

Dang, you're good, Coldplaymom, that's exactly the one I was talking about. I love when Bean asks him if he knows Rick Astley and Chris says yes, they all live on the same street, Popstar Street.

Only b/c I have most of the interviews on my laptop, Kindle Fire, and even on the SD card on my phone :lol: Funny Chris never gets boring. I listen to it while working, cleaning, cooking, or driving. It never gets old. I'm not kidding when I say I can recite some of these word for word. :lol:

You can tell when he's getting irritated.

on 1:22 says fuck and he is irritated. but about one song, so nothing of private about his family

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn9O3_QBrwQ&feature=relmfu][2011.11.09] Howard - Chris Martin of Coldplay (4 of 7) - YouTube[/ame]

journalist ask him to be as all the celebrities. it's like all the celebrities now.

I don't know how to embed Youtube videos, but have you heard the XFM Residency show where Chris, Guy and Jonny hosted? It's in four parts and it's hysterical. Chris is on fire and Jonny sounds very, very sweet.

Yes, from the MM section here. I didn't know it was on youtube as well?

Unfortunately the KROQ 2008 is no longer available due to Megaupload, but if some one wants it, I'd be happy to re-upload using Mediafire.

It used to be here http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66787

NB. The 2007 residency with Simon Pegg is also hilarious. :lol:

Yes, from the MM section here. I didn't know it was on youtube as well?

Unfortunately the KROQ 2008 is no longer available due to Megaupload, but if some one wants it, I'd be happy to re-upload using Mediafire.

It used to be here http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66787

NB. The 2007 residency with Simon Pegg is also hilarious. :lol:

I cant stop listening to the part of the Residency where Chris says, "Innit ladies' bits?"

Wooooow, hahaha, I haven’t been online for a bit and skip back so many pages to find what niamh <3 coldplay has been saying to and about me. Hm, I think this has grown into something that I was not pointing at. :S

Sorry for the long post, but I just want to make some things clearer, since it seems that both niamh <3 coldplay and her cousin don’t understand what I meant to say. I do not wish to start a tacky discussion, I just want to clear some misunderstandings and hope to take away some of the discomfort feelings niamh <3 coldplay seems to have with my posts. If you don’t feel like reading it, then don’t click the spoiler ;)

First of all: My initial post was about a reply of princess_of_china to Texasluvsjonny. That was all. So it was not directed to niamh <3 coldplay, it was not me saying that this thread was not allowed or that she (or her counsin) should fully read all similar threads. I also didn’t say that this thread is hurting anyone, neither that it is spamming, neither that it should be closed, neither that new people cannot start threads, neither that I hate you guys, neither that she was anti-social, neither that she was doing wrong by spamming.

Now that that is made clear, let’s continue to what replies:

This thread isn't exactly hurting anyone. I don't see what the big deal is. She's new, she made a Thread, two infact,yes, there may be other threads that are similar but she was being sociable. I just don't get it. Why are the terms and agreements getting involved, calm down.
I didn’t say it hurts anyone and that it was a big deal, so I also don’t understand the fuzz and why you are telling me or anyone why you don’t get it? or why you tell me to calm down :? I am sorry if in the previous post I came off as not being calm, I was completely unaware of it.

I also don’t know why several times you have been referring to the term and agreements. I guess you didn’t understand my original post and instead of asking what it was about, just started making sarcastic comments which I didn’t understand and when I asked what you meant, you just said that it was sarcasm. Okay. Well, rather than asking again what you meant with your sarcastic comment, I will just assume that you didn’t get my post, so I will elaborate on that; in the forum rules (terms and agreements I call that) that you (and your cousin ) said to have read when you joined the forum, it is stated (but maybe not that clearly) that anything posted on this forum is without copyright and right of intellectual property, which can be roughly read as ‘you cannot own a thread or post’ also does it say that this forum is owned by some people so you and I do not own it. I mentioned it because your cousin was saying Texasluvsjonny to stay out of her thread, which does not make sense to me, because Texasluvsjonny is a mod and mods are supposed to moderate the whole forum and also do people not own threads. Once again, this does not mean that I have something against the creation of this thread and against your cousin having fun in a thread that she created. Also, my original post had nothing to do with you, though I feel that you took it that way.

This makes me wonder whether you've argued back, stated terms and agreements on every single thread that is similar to another. And, your telling her to go and read every other thread related before she posts one of her own? Please.
By generalizing it and ridiculing it into ‘every single thread that is similar to another’ and ‘arguing’ you don’t really win an argument, you know? People on here were not trying to ‘attack’ you or have an argument in the first place. Instead of making the other person look bad, why don’t you try to understand what the other person is actually trying to say? As la.cri.mosa said, this whole thing was not even directed to you, yet you feel the need to defend yourself and your cousin and I am not even sure why, because no one said so far that you were not allowed to start a thread or that your cousin was not allowed. Yet you make it seem that we do.
Jeez guys, why is it such a big deal? Why is it wrong for me to make a thread about the band I love, I mean, this is what the site is for right?

Quite frankly, this was just created so I could talk to people about the band without having to look through thousands of other pages to know what they are talking about. I'm sorry if it bothers you but I don't know what I have done wrong.

Also, if you think this is spamming, why don't you check out some other thread people have posted about themselves, or counting to one thousand/million.

Honestly, I was quite happy having discussions and laughs about Chris, Jonny, Will and Guy before some of you butted in talking about spam. I'm sorry for making use of this website.

Same for you, I hope you understand that I was not making a big deal out of starting a thread, but that I was having troubles with the way you reacted to a comment of Texasluvsjonny. I also didn’t say there was anything wrong with you spamming. There’s loads and loads of single worded comments being made on this board and hardly anyone falls over that. I only said that the Lounge seems a better place to have a thread with such conversations going on than the Coldplaying section. I meant that in a constructive way, I thought it might help you. And mind that I did not mean to use the word ‘spam’ with a negative tone. It would be hypocrite anyway because I have been making one-word posts as well. ;) Okay? I just think that chit-chat threads suit better in the Lounge section.
We meet at these Coldplay concerts and we act like old friends b/c of the passion we share for the band. It would be great to do the same on the message board. This thread didn't need to get this negative. If you disagree with it, you either stay out or report it. That would be the decent thing to do.
I agree, Coldplay is what brought us all here. But don’t agree with the last part. I think people in this thread just differ in opinion on a matter and what makes it so negative to have a different opinion about something? I think it can be perfectly fine to discuss things and also as members to think about the functioning of the board without making it immediately sound negative. To me they have written their posts in a kind and constructive way and therefor they don’t deserve the ‘negative’ stamp. I think the reaction to them were a bit less positive though. Maybe you were referring to them? Like when one of them responds again to a post with ‘This is ridiculous.‘

But I must applaud you for the way you could - without being negative yourself – resolve some of the issues in here. You were brave enough to ignore the fuzz and just post about the Coldplay member while others were still replying to eachother over a silly matter. I think I also understand better the kind of responses I got, now knowing their ages :P thanks to you :)

Personally I like it when you and others come back at my posts and tell me, like ‘hey, I think you are way off here, because ....’ Fair deal and I think you are good at that. Especially telling me in a way that is not pointed at the person and personal level. This girl niamh <3 coldplay though, still seems to need to learn that sometimes you have to neglect posts or try to see the best in them rather than feel offended by them.

Btw, if my original post or this one is off charge, then people can always report them to a mod :)

As I see it everyone can post in here, even people that question if the thread should be here in the first place and people that wonder why niamh <3 coldplay feels offended while a certain post was not even directed at here. I think this thread became so long because she felt she should respond to all posts that were directed at her even when they were not. It goes both ways, niamh <3 coldplay disagreed with lots of people and responded to them, each time. She also did not have to. Which makes me come to this post:

How do you expect me not to when I have all of these people replying to just argue with me for such a ridiculous reason!!!
People did not come in this thread to argue with you most of the times. I, for example, did not comment on you, yet you felt the need to start an argument with me :S Also I think that you did not get what most posts were about. You seem to think that they are all about arguing with you and your cousin and about that your cousin was/is not allowed to start this thread. Well, they were not. Neither is this one.
See how friendly things are when people aren't criticizing every word posted by someone? :) I am regaining faith in humanity.
Oops, I didn’t read this when I made my post. I guess I might have put your faith in jeopard :uhoh:

I hope you understand that I am not criticising every word posted by someone. I have nothing against you or you wanting to talk about Coldplay. I also hope that you (and your cousin) can take some criticism and realize that it can also be done nice and friendly, for you can learn something from criticism too. I believe it’s even one of the strenghs of humanity to be able to look at things critically. :thinking: