✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Scientist on Glee

lili_pt

I don't like this show and rarely like Coldplay covers (this is not one of those exceptions) but a friend of mine sent me this and I didn't find a thread related to this subject so here it is:

First Listen! Coldplay's "The Scientist" By Finn, Rachel, Brittany, Santana, Kurt, Blaine, Will and Emma in Glee Season 4, Episode 4: “The Break-Up”

about 1 hour ago by Beth Douglass SPOILER ALERT!!

All of Glee's four main couples - yes: Klaine, Finchel, Brittana AND Wemma - all sing an emotional version of Coldplay's "The Scientist" in Season 4, Episode 4: “The Break-Up.” Does that mean that all of them are breaking up? Because we really don't think that our hearts could take that

Original airdate: Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 9pm on FOX

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28y2H41EAAg&feature=player_embedded]Glee - The Scientist (Full Version) Download Link - YouTube[/ame]

Link: http://www.wetpaint.com/glee/video/first-listen-coldplays-the-scientist-by-finn-rachel-brittany-santana-kurt-blaine-will-and-emma-in-glee-season-4-episode-4-the-break-up

Guest howyousawtheworld

Like One by U2 it's so great that it will never be bastardized. You only end up bastardizing yourself, not the song!

Ugh, I saw like 2 weeks ago that it was gonna feature an episode. I can't listen to it now, but I'm going to watch the episode this week (don't judge me, I can't help but wanting to follow the characters' stories, okay :angry: ) so I'll see.

I absolutely hated their version of Fix you (and felt a bit...offended, in a way :lol: ), and I'm not looking forward to this one.

Most of the actors have, imo, a great voice, but there are lots of things that are wrong with their covers (unnecessary auto-tune for instance) imo.

You know what Chris says to this?

232753pu5.jpg

By "this" you mean this cover?

Chris actually loves Glee. And I'm pretty sure Coldplay had to give their permission for the show to use this song.

EDIT: I'm with everyone who says this a bad cover though.

Against popular opinion, I actually really like this version of the song.

I'm a fan of glee but I was dreading hearing this song after what they did to fix you.

The scientist has been my favourite song for 10 years and I have heard tons of covers so that I'm usually not impressed with. Obviously it has nothing on the original but I really enjoy the cover. Especially because I'm a huge Darren Criss fan as well haha.

• 2 weeks later...
Ugh, I saw like 2 weeks ago that it was gonna feature an episode. I can't listen to it now, but I'm going to watch the episode this week (don't judge me, I can't help but wanting to follow the characters' stories, okay :angry: ) so I'll see.

I absolutely hated their version of Fix you (and felt a bit...offended, in a way :lol: ), and I'm not looking forward to this one.

Most of the actors have, imo, a great voice, but there are lots of things that are wrong with their covers (unnecessary auto-tune for instance) imo.

Me too, it's an addictive show!

I also didn't like the "Fix You" cover but "The Scientist" one was nice (I liked the harmonies) if you put away the "woh oh, oh, oh!" from Rachel by the end of the song, it is too much (she has a great voice but this kind of "diva thing" doesn't go with the song!)!

Well, to be honest, who will ever be as good as Coldplay? Ever?

Yes. This.

I feel very "protective" of bands I love, and tend to hate most covers of my most cherished artists. I know it's probably ridiculous of me, but most likely if anyone is going to try and cover Coldplay, I'm probably not going to like it. And, I watched this episode and didn't like the performance at all. (I'm also pretending that the Fix You cover didn't happen...)

• 2 weeks later...