✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Alt-J Δ

shred

I literally cannot stop listening to these fellas. Their debut album, An Awesome Wave, is just simply brilliant.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg6BwvDcANg&feature=related]alt-J - Tessellate [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNYjOVo5IEw&feature=related]Alt-J - Something Good - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVeMiVU77wo]alt-J (?) Breezeblocks - YouTube[/ame]

Who else is a fan?!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen this band mentioned about the forum by a few people, but I have yet to listen to them. I looked at the track listing for their album. It's essentially a 9-track album, seeing as it has 3 interludes and an intro. 3 interludes? AND an intro? :dozey:

Having said that, I know Natt likes them, so chances are, if I bother to check them out, I'll probably like them, too.

Also, they're on the nominee list for this year's Mercury Prize. The winner will be announced at 10 pm GMT today.

I've seen this band mentioned about the forum by a few people, but I have yet to listen to them. I looked at the track listing for their album. It's essentially a 9-track album, seeing as it has 3 interludes and an intro. 3 interludes? AND an intro? :dozey:

Having said that, I know Natt likes them, so chances are, if I bother to check them out, I'll probably like them, too.

Also, they're on the nominee list for this year's Mercury Prize. The winner will be announced at 10 pm GMT today.

Oooppp my ears were burning so I knew I was being talked about.

Yeah Violet, check them out. Even though it is a 9 track album, it's actually really good... One of my favourites of 2012 for definite.

I am seeing them on Sunday :awesome:

Don't be fooled. ;) The intro and the first interlude aren't just instrumentals.

They won the Mercury Music Prize this evening.

Made my day! So stoke for the boys. They thoroughly deserved it. Best thing that came out this year in my opinion.

Seeing them at Laneway in Jan. Can't wait. :D

The batch of nominees were odd this year. Field Music's a really overlooked and deserving band but I honestly haven't listened to their newest album yet.

As for Alt-J, I think they're alright. I'm a bit puzzled by their insane hype that will no doubt increase even more after winning the Mercury, but there are certainly worse artists on a similar rise.

Out of the nominees for the Mercury Music Prize I really like Lianne La Havas and I didn't know these guys. I've just checked them out and they sound good so far, I'm probably going to see them later this year since they're coming to my town. Are they good live?

Oh, it's very Radiohead!

Like they're taking their songs, changing the melody very slightly, and adding a younger, more 'indie' voice. So there's equal admiration from the hipster crowd and the multitude of entry-level alternative rock fans who think KID A CHANGED MY LIFE AND REVIVED MY CANCER-RIDDEN AUNT FROM THE GRAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THOM YORKE IS THE MESSIAH I WILL BOW TO HIM 4EVER!111111EINZ!!!11111

My snide and unnecessary attacks aside, yeah not feeling it, I'll still give the whole album a listen seeing that a quite a few people I know are mad for it.

The singer sounds... weird, because he sings different from the singers I know. It seems like he makes up the lyrics while singing, because he stretches some words a lot as if he was thinking about what he's going to sing about in the following seconds.

Or whatever

• 1 month later...