✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Albums of the Year 2012 - Voting

Alien Radio

It's time for the annual

Albums of the Year Poll!

(actually it's a bit late; pssst)

albums.jpg

The rules are the same as always:

• Make a ranked list of your 5 to 25 top original studio albums released this year and post it in this thread. After the deadline, there will be a countdown of Coldplaying's favourite new albums.

• The deadline is Saturday, December 15th at 23:59 GMT

• Original studio albums only, please. No EPs, live albums, reissues, or compilation albums. Cover albums allowed. Soundtracks must be primarily original material. For example the Scott Pilgrim vs. The World soundtrack was not eligible, but the Scott Pilgrim original score was eligible.

• A list must have at least 5 albums to count. You may list up to 25 albums. Lists must be ranked by the deadline.

• Albums must have been originally released between December 1st 2011 and December 1st 2012. The original release date is the first official release date in the US or UK, whichever is first. International-only releases go by the first official release date worldwide. El Camino by The Black Keys is eligible.

• You may edit your list at any time up to the deadline. Post your tentative lists here and I will post a link to it in the second post. The list I link to will be the list I count, so make sure you edit your original list or let me know if you post a new one.

• Please number your albums and write the artist name before the album name. For example, #1. Radiohead - In Rainbows
    (This will save eons of time and will help you find out the results much sooner. Thanks.)

• You cannot vote for In Rainbows

Last year's voting and discussion thread: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89000

Last year's countdown thread: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91816

Scoring system: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4666343&postcount=49

Countdown: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96506

Bring the lists on! :D

[Thanks to Twisted mind for creating an amazing banner! We love her!]

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Rush - Clockwork Angels

2. Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Landmark

3. Frank Ocean - Channel Orange

4. Green Day - Uno!

5. Green Day - Dos!

6. Smashing Pumpkins - Oceania

7. Jack White - Blunderbuss

8. Stone Sour - House of Gold & Bones - Part 1

9. Garbage - Not Your Kind of People

1. Mumford & Sons - Babel

2. Muse - The 2nd Law

3. Silversun PIckups - Neck of the Woods

4. Two Door Cinema Club - Beacon

5. The Killers - Battle Born

6. Dave Matthews Band - Away From the World

7. fun. - Some Nights

8. The Shins - Port of Morrow

9. The Black Keys - El Camino

10. Passion Pit - Gossamer

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume Square Peg in A Round hole is not eligible? It wasn't officially finalized until 2012 but early versions of most of the songs were out in 2011. Cause y'know there are different versions of the album.
No one voted for Square Peg In A Round Hole last year. I took it off the list deliberately because we wanted it on this year. Last year there was online the first version of the album and it was a digital release only. According to the rules that means that the album is allowed for this year :)

1. Grizzly Bear - "Shields"

2. Beach House - "Bloom"

3. The xx - "Coexist"

4. Alt-J - "An Awesome Wave"

5. Wild Nothing - "Nocturne"

6. Glen Hansard - "Rhythm And Repose"

7. Dinosaur Jr. - "I Bet On Sky"

8. Ellie Goulding - "Halcyon"

9. Stars - "The North"

10. Dirty Projectors - "Swing Lo Magellan"

11. Sharon Van Etten - "Tramp"

12. Purity Ring - "Shrines"

1 -Jedward - Young Love

2 - Justin Bieber - Believe

3 - chris moyles - The 2nd Album

4 - Madonna - MDNA

5 - Chris Be Burgh - Home

6 - Some Unknown band from the Oxford Area called Radiohead, you would haven't heard of them - In Rainbows

5 great albums

real list to follow at some point in the near future

[*]Please number your albums and write the artist name before the album name. For example, #1. Radiohead - In Rainbows

(This will save eons of time and will help you find out the results much sooner. Thanks.)

[*]You cannot vote for In Rainbows

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Totally voting this year. :wacky:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume Square Peg in A Round hole is not eligible? It wasn't officially finalized until 2012 but early versions of most of the songs were out in 2011. Cause y'know there are different versions of the album.

No one voted for Square Peg In A Round Hole last year. I took it off the list deliberately because we wanted it on this year. Last year there was online the first version of the album and it was a digital release only. According to the rules that means that the album is allowed for this year :)

Yup, you're allowed to vote for it now :)