🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Prince William and Kate expecting a baby / 22-07 Duchess gives birth to baby boy

Tash

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter how many fancy titles he has, when he shits, there will be regular shit to clear up

Well, yeah. Humans are humans are humans. Even across the pond, Americans eat this "crap" up, lol. I have not an utter clue why. Not to diss the royals or anything I guess, but I just don't get the fanfare I guess.

It doesn't matter how many fancy titles he has, when he shits, there will be regular shit to clear up

I hear mundane bullshit like this from random people all the time and I have to pass on making a comment, just what are you trying to achieve? What are you saying?

You are completely right, he shits the same as us all, and? What's the rest of the point?

Royal baby: Cybersquatters descend on Prince George domains

_68965725_68965724.jpg

Domains were snapped up almost from the moment Prince George was born

Cybersquatters have leapt at the chance to register domain names referring to the new royal baby, Prince George.

Within moments of the baby's name being announced, domains such as GeorgeAlexanderLouis.com and princegeorgecambridge.co.uk were taken. Purchases of domain names mentioning the name "George" rose by 106.9%, reseller Names.co.uk said.

One buyer of a royal baby-related domain has put it up for sale at £10,000. The owner, Matt James, snapped up hrhprincegeorgecambridge.co.uk on 24th July - the day of the naming announcement.

He told the BBC: "Like most British people, I was glued to the TV, excited about the birth and thought a baby Prince domain name had potential. "If it does sell for £10,000, I will definitely give half to a charity associated with Will and Kate."

Between 22 and 25 July, Names.co.uk noted 413 individual domains that contained one or more of the words Royal, Baby, HRH, Prince, George, Alexander and or Louis. Opportunistic buyers were busy snapping up royal baby-related names well before the prince was even born - the less-than-appealing name royalfoetus.com was bought in December last year.

Cybersquatting is a common concern for companies who are determined to protect their brand online. Firms like Google go to great lengths to prevent embarrassment by buying up hundreds of domains like googlesucks.com - but also domains used to imitate brands for more malicious reasons, such as "phishing" scams which seek to trick users into thinking they are on a legitimate website.

Soon, Icann - the body responsible for overseeing the domain name system - will roll-out custom top level domains, paving the way for suffixes like .google and .apple as well as the more typical .com and .co.uk. The BBC has applied to have .bbc.

Companies have been invited to request ownership of domains which relate to trademarks they own. The process has stirred some controversy, however - online shop Amazon has been denied the use of .amazon after a challenge from several Latin American companies.

They argued the domain should be used to reflect the rainforest region rather than the retail giant. "'.amazon' is a geographic name that represents important territories of some of our countries which have relevant communities, with their own culture and identity directly connected with the name," said a letter from the countries. "Beyond the specifics, this should also be understood as a matter of principle."

An Icann sub-committee agreed with this argument, but its decision is not final and can be overruled by the Icann board. At the time of writing, .prince is still available as a suffix, however .george has been requested by Wal-Mart, presumably in relation to the clothing brand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23464598

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The birth certificate for His Royal Highness Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge has been signed <a href="http://t.co/yv5gGl2OrJ">pic.twitter.com/yv5gGl2OrJ</a></p>— Clarence House (@ClarenceHouse) <a href="https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/statuses/363283926493569024">August 2, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

_68965725_68965724.jpg

Domains were snapped up almost from the moment Prince George was born

Cybersquatters have leapt at the chance to register domain names referring to the new royal baby, Prince George.

Within moments of the baby's name being announced, domains such as GeorgeAlexanderLouis.com and princegeorgecambridge.co.uk were taken. Purchases of domain names mentioning the name "George" rose by 106.9%, reseller Names.co.uk said.

One buyer of a royal baby-related domain has put it up for sale at £10,000. The owner, Matt James, snapped up hrhprincegeorgecambridge.co.uk on 24th July - the day of the naming announcement.

He told the BBC: "Like most British people, I was glued to the TV, excited about the birth and thought a baby Prince domain name had potential. "If it does sell for £10,000, I will definitely give half to a charity associated with Will and Kate."

Between 22 and 25 July, Names.co.uk noted 413 individual domains that contained one or more of the words Royal, Baby, HRH, Prince, George, Alexander and or Louis. Opportunistic buyers were busy snapping up royal baby-related names well before the prince was even born - the less-than-appealing name royalfoetus.com was bought in December last year.

Cybersquatting is a common concern for companies who are determined to protect their brand online. Firms like Google go to great lengths to prevent embarrassment by buying up hundreds of domains like googlesucks.com - but also domains used to imitate brands for more malicious reasons, such as "phishing" scams which seek to trick users into thinking they are on a legitimate website.

Soon, Icann - the body responsible for overseeing the domain name system - will roll-out custom top level domains, paving the way for suffixes like .google and .apple as well as the more typical .com and .co.uk. The BBC has applied to have .bbc.

Companies have been invited to request ownership of domains which relate to trademarks they own. The process has stirred some controversy, however - online shop Amazon has been denied the use of .amazon after a challenge from several Latin American companies.

They argued the domain should be used to reflect the rainforest region rather than the retail giant. "'.amazon' is a geographic name that represents important territories of some of our countries which have relevant communities, with their own culture and identity directly connected with the name," said a letter from the countries. "Beyond the specifics, this should also be understood as a matter of principle."

An Icann sub-committee agreed with this argument, but its decision is not final and can be overruled by the Icann board. At the time of writing, .prince is still available as a suffix, however .george has been requested by Wal-Mart, presumably in relation to the clothing brand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23464598

Money-grabbers, hopefully nobody will pay the ransom and they will end up pennyless.