✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Favourite Coldplay Album

A Coldplay fan

X&Y for "personal" reasons. I think that AROBTTH and VLVorDAAHF are most likely better, but there are songs in X&Y that mean an awful lot to me, and it was even before I was a fan (Speed of Sound was the first Coldplay song I had in my mp3 for instance, it was the only one for a few years actually).

:heart:

Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends, first of all because it's brilliant.

Now the personal reasons: That album really changed my life, I mean, I was 13 when I first heard Viva on the radio and I was amazed by the arrangement and the beautiful melody, until that momment I wasn't a really music fan, I didn't even had an mp3. So I fell in love with the track and decided to buy the album after listening to a couple of other songs on YouTube.

That was really the first album I "decided" to buy, and I played it everyday from begining to end for like six months. Viva made me access coldplay.com to read Roadie#42 blogs, made me search for other music, made me want to learn piano and write my own songs, Viva La Vida made me the huge music fan I'm today.

Other reasons: It's a concept album and it flows with perfection, all the songs are important there, also it's just above 45 minutes and every time I listen to it I just feeli like listening a second time. The lyrics are great and the whole thing seems to belong to it's own mysterious 1800s supernatural world. They used strange sound like on the Life In Technicolor riff, the Viva strings and the tack piano. This is theire best album in every way.

• Like 1

im sure theres already been a million of these threads

A Rush Of Blood To The Head

That's my favourite Coldplay album. From Politik to Amsterdam every second is a masterpiece.

My favourite track is In My Place.

100/100

YESSSSSSSS :thumbsup:

Now the personal reasons: That album really changed my life, I mean, I was 13 when I first heard Viva on the radio and I was amazed by the arrangement and the beautiful melody, until that momment I wasn't a really music fan, I didn't even had an mp3. So I fell in love with the track and decided to buy the album after listening to a couple of other songs on YouTube.

That was really the first album I "decided" to buy, and I played it everyday from begining to end for like six months. Viva made me access coldplay.com to read Roadie#42 blogs, made me search for other music, made me want to learn piano and write my own songs, Viva La Vida made me the huge music fan I'm today.

Other reasons: It's a concept album and it flows with perfection, all the songs are important there, also it's just above 45 minutes and every time I listen to it I just feeli like listening a second time. The lyrics are great and the whole thing seems to belong to it's own mysterious 1800s supernatural world. They used strange sound like on the Life In Technicolor riff, the Viva strings and the tack piano. This is theire best album in every way.

IMO theres only one reason VLV isn't as good as AROBTTH. and its a song. and its called lovers in japan. and its shit.

Oh my word, it's like you're me, or I'm you. We did literally the same thing. (I was 14)

How we compare:

Viva is our favorite

I wasn't into music before Viva

No MP3

First album I bought

Played it everyday. (For more than six months, hehe)

Roadie's blogs

I got a piano and attempted to learn their songs

Pretty neat!

^I love LiJ :awesome:

When it was released I listened to it and VLV all the freakin time :dazzled:

I wasn't even really a Coldplay fan at the time :lol:

WTF? It's like on my permanet Coldplay Top 3 :lol:

haha no way! i admit its a very good song but it just really annoys me. too artificial. too nice. its the sort of song one direction would come up with if they were a bit better. i respect your opinion though. different tastes is what makes music interesting

I'm sorry if there is loads of these already its my first thread

not your fault. its only when you really dig into the forum that you realize theres pretty much one thread for every subject coldplay-related. or not coldplay-related in fact!

Oh my word, it's like you're me, or I'm you. We did literally the same thing. (I was 14)

How we compare:

Viva is our favorite

I wasn't into music before Viva

No MP3

First album I bought

Played it everyday. (For more than six months, hehe)

Roadie's blogs

I got a piano and attempted to learn their songs

Pretty neat!

I am like you both and you both are like me. I was in the first class when Viva came out so I was 14 then. Only difference that I got a guitar insteed of a piano :lol:

So, Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends is Coldplays best album to date. Even it is the best album ever made for me.

• 3 weeks later...

My Favourite album is Mylo Xyloto, not even the songs are good, look at all the artwork and the arrangements on stage, the colours, its just full of life.

On the other hand i think musicaly Viva La Vida is as good as MX y love it so much to, but MX have more power hahaha.

X&Y have my favourite song Fix You and I love songs like Square one and The hardest Part, but it has some extra songs like Twisted logic or X&Y that i dont like that much, and it is realy dark, theres no bright colours in that album.

I LOVE LOVERS IN JAPAN!

Well,there's no way i can choose my favourite album.

They all have been great,I didn't like Mylo Xyloto at first but after i saw their Gig in Warsaw I simply can't love it.It's just so POSITIVE and i adore it,even if its more popish than the others.Every single one of them is different and i love it.Just love it.I hope their next album will be different aswell.

A rush of blood to the head... close one between it and Viva la vida... Viva la Vida is Coldplay's Sergeant Pepper, but A rush is Coldplay's Revolver. Viva has this great concept and some pretty stunning songs, but A rush of blood to the head has the best song. Almost every song could be in the setlist. Of course, Coldplay is a band who has a short setlist and uses the latest album for majority of the songs, but lets say the made the setlist to 35 songs and they made a random tour with no new albums to promote. A rush would have more songs in it then any other album I think.

After listening to both Parachutes and MX, my favorite would have to be a tie between both albums. Parachutes, because it has that great acoustic feel, no single song on it is bad, the singles and album artworks are very cool, and the b-sides/EP's are great as well. MX, because of the way it was mixed, the amount of diversity from the previous albums, the very colorful feel through its single and album artworks, and how much effort went into the live performances and songs.

Favorite songs from each:

Parachutes:

Don't Panic, Shiver, Spies, Yellow, Trouble, and High Speed.

MX:

Every Teardrop, Up In Flames, U.F.O., Hurts Like Heaven, Major Minus, Don't Let It Break Your Heart, Paradise, and Princess of China.

*Yes, I personally loved all of the songs from MX that others didn't.