✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Acoustic or Adventurous?

Nikola

A poll to have a simple count of two seemingly opposed directions they could go on LP6.

You can predict what they will do or what you'd want them to do.

"Acoustic" means basic instruments and minimal studio embellishments, AKA going back to their roots.

"Adventurous" would be everything else, something they've never tried before.

Adventurous meaning they are going to go with something fresh. We can be sure of that! What that will actually mean is yet to be seen. It could very well mean acoustic, although even if they decided something 100% low key for LP6 I don´t see that continuing in the future as it is plain to see they have way too much fun playing at stadiums, so my best bet would be a continued combination of low-key acoustics/classic and new sound experimentation :)

Also I am under the impression that the earlier albums were not really what they wanted to sound like, but they did not have the confidence to really be bold, which they have clearly achieved with MX. Now they are totally free to do whatever they want :)

neither. they could go back to their classic sound without being acoustic. think AROBTTH and you get what I mean

Sorry for the overgeneralization, but that fits under the umbrella term of "acoustic", I think. Going back to their roots is option 1.

Both please. I think Atlas is a good example of both sides put together, although it could have been more adventurous.

I'd love them to bring beautiful ballades "back" (those songs haven't really left though, just look at Us Against The World), but I also need them to be rockier than ever on LP6.

idk why everyone is using Atlas as a way to predict the direction of the new album, it's just another Christmas Lights like I think it's totally independent from what the band will do next

Coldplay can do slow/quiet songs without going back to their roots, there were quiet songs on MX that doesn't mean they went back to their roots

So I'm going for 'adventurous' with some quiet songs thrown in, which is really typical for them but mehhh

Since Parachutes they've been changing their styles everytime, I think now that LP6 will bring again something new... I don't know if is correct to use Atlas as a source, cause as we know, it is from a movie.

Something we can predict (maybe) is that the next album will contain a large title, if we follow the sequence: P -> AROBTTH -> X&Y -> VLVODAAHF -> MX -> ??????

I would fall in love if they'd use the mythology as their theme-base

Is it true they bring out the new album next year?

OT:

I hope it will be mixed with all kinds of styles, but with there trademark sound on it like never before. It has to be a mix of there first 3 albums. To get the ultimate Coldplay sound.