✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[16-Dec-2013] Coldplay @ Ring O'Bells, Somerset, UK

cleeson7

Just saw them on my local BBC news :)

Just a couple of clips from the The Scientist video, I'm afraid

Plus an interview with someone who worked at the pub but they didn't say much that was interesting as far as I recall

Just thought I'd mention it if anyone was interested

And of course, it being a Somerset village, the locals weren't happy that they couldn't get into the pub…

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>As you may have heard, We we're extremely lucky and privileged to have hosted Parlephone and Warner Bros private party last night...</p>— Ring_O_Bells (@Ring_O_Bells) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ring_O_Bells/statuses/412912093890105344">December 17, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Part 2. And yes Coldplay performed along with some other great artists. It was an incredible evening and a once in a lifetime experience...</p>— Ring_O_Bells (@Ring_O_Bells) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ring_O_Bells/statuses/412913121075146752">December 17, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Part 3. And I'd like to thank everyone who made it possible. Can't wait for Christmas and New years... hope to see everyone in the pub soon</p>— Ring_O_Bells (@Ring_O_Bells) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ring_O_Bells/statuses/412914146385346560">December 17, 2013</a></blockquote>

How odd.. why would theyu put them on a sign, then not let people in?

Not letting people in as the pub was full (or hitting it's max patrons level due to fire regs)?

----

Sounded like a rather good warm-up show, the pub owned by the record label. Nice gift for the locals.

All the secret gigs in this area seem to be Andy Burrows bringing his band mates along, still We Are Scienstists are rather good

I wonder if that was the smallest venue they ever played in. Judging by the vids and pics it looks like they were playing in a shoebox. :laugh3:

Probably smallest they have played in quite a while, probably matching the size of venue they were playing in the late 90s

Don't want to brag but I saw them in the bar supporting Terris at Northampton Roadmenders on the 4th April 2000 and it was pretty much that size.

Great night.

Can't wait until tomorrow. Looks like it is going to be a hit packed set...