✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6 Name and Cover Art Ideas

Bigo ʍᵪ

Hey Everyone!

I wondering something about LP6 like you. So, In this thread let's try to correct our curiosity. Everyone make anythings about LP6.

Here is the first; Name

Chris said;That can be easily pronounced(As you know Mylo Xyloto is hard :)). So, if the new name can be easily pronounced, ın my opinion it will be short and clear(Example: Talk,Fix Shape...). With this is in mind please share your name ideas us.

And the second; Cover Art

As you know, Coldplay made different and interesting covers. I believe will be the case again. According to my impression LP6 has got a simple theme. With this in mind please you share your cover ideas in this thread ;)

I'm sorry for my English...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have no idea about the name but thinking about their previous albums we can see they release one album with a huge name and another with a smaller one. Mylo Xyloto was a small one, so the next should be huge:

Parachutes

A Rush Of Blood To The Head

X&Y

Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends

Mylo Xyloto

About the artwork, the firs trilogy had very similar designs with a central image and a neutral background:

220px-Coldplayparachutesalbumcover.jpg220px-A_Rush_of_Blood_to_the_Head.jpg220px-Coldplay_X%26Y.svg.png

Viva and MX are part of a second trilogy (I think), and also had similar designs, a very colorful background with the album's name writen over it:

220px-Viva_la_Vida_or_Death_and_All_His_Friends.jpg220px-Myloxyloto.jpg

So the next album should have a huge name and the cover should be a colorful background with the album's name (or part of it) writen over the image.

Well, I have no idea about the name but thinking about their previous albums we can see they release one album with a huge name and another with a smaller one. Mylo Xyloto was a small one, so the next should be huge:

Parachutes

A Rush Of Blood To The Head

X&Y

Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends

Mylo Xyloto

About the artwork, the firs trilogy had very similar designs with a central image and a neutral background:

220px-Coldplayparachutesalbumcover.jpg220px-A_Rush_of_Blood_to_the_Head.jpg220px-Coldplay_X%26Y.svg.png

Viva and MX are part of a second trilogy (I think), and also had similar designs, a very colorful background with the album's name writen over it:

220px-Viva_la_Vida_or_Death_and_All_His_Friends.jpg220px-Myloxyloto.jpg

So the next album should have a huge name and the cover should be a colorful background with the album's name (or part of it) writen over the image.

I never looked at it as two trilogies before. Seeing the artwork arranged that way made me realize something. If you look at the first trilogy, there's a clear chronological progression, in the artwork, in some of the themes of the songs/videos, arguably in the sound too-- my breakdown:

1st trilogy:

• Parachutes - artwork is an old fashioned style yellowed globe, that sailors and explorers might have looked at centuries ago. Sound is very minimal, acoustically influenced
  • Rush of Blood - artwork is a modern computer imaging of a person, music is adding more modern rock and electric instruments, a little bit heavier overall
  • X&Y - artwork is futuristic looking color codes, music has a lot of ambient, echoey synths, electronic sounds, and more electric instruments. Talk video even has them on a faraway moon with a robot

2nd trilogy:

• Viva la Vida - artwork and whole theme revolves around the french revolution. First time the songs themselves have a very clear story and theme (IMO) in the lyrics. The music itself features notable use of big string sections and orchestral sounds (which may relate to the music of the period)
  • MX - slightly futuristic, dystopian, punk-ish, rebelling artistic themes. Music tells a story again (although more about the love story than about the futuristic setting). Carries over the themes of overthrowing unjust governments from VLV. Music has a lot of notable synths, very modern/futuristic pop sounds.

LP6: Assuming that there's something to this and I'm not just full of it, There's a couple directions they could go with this. Either a super-futuristic, full blown sci-fi type theme (exploring the universe or something) or maybe a post-collapse/post-apocalyptic theme. The latter might go well with what we're hearing about it possibly being more "stripped-down" musically compared to the last two.

All speculation and BSing on my part, but I like the idea. Any thoughts?

I love the Trilogy Idea. And I think I could support it. I remember reading Chris saying that X&Y was the "end of a trilogy" making Viva the start of a new one. (I'm not sure which one, but I'll edit this post if I find it.)

Chris Martin described Viva la Vida as a new direction for Coldplay: a change from their past three albums, which they have referred to as a "trilogy".

-Wikicoldplay (link)

I'm thinking of a title along the lines of "Random Acts", one of the rumored titles. it sounds a bit Rush of Blood-ish to me and I really like it.

As of the cover-art, I was thinking of a colorful space nebula to co-onside with the sci-fi theme.

Like this but with the title on the center:

(I'm too lazy to do it :P) :

Nebula-Wallpaper-For-Desktop.jpg

I love the Trilogy Idea. And I think I could support it. I remember reading Chris saying that X&Y was the "end of a trilogy" making Viva the start of a new one. (I'm not sure which one, but I'll edit this post if I find it.)

I'm thinking of a title along the lines of "Random Acts", one of the rumored titles. it sounds a bit Rush of Blood-ish to me and I really like it.

As of the cover-art, I was thinking of a colorful space nebula to co-onside with the sci-fi theme.

Your cover art is very good ;) After Atlas i thought and i said "Why Coldplay can't use space theme". if will be space theme, it will be excellent and interesting album. I really want it...

Like this?

Desktop36-003.jpg

I think the albums "theme" (like revolutions on Viva and grafitti on MX) could be something like those old astronomy things, maybe relating to the roman gods that name the planets of our solar system, a bit like Atlas lyric video. I don't know, I guess it's something cool to go with. Things like those old celestian maps and astrony instruments would be cool on a artwork...

800px-Planisph%C3%A6ri_c%C5%93leste.jpg

654px-Astrolabe-Persian-18C.jpg

I never looked at it as two trilogies before. Seeing the artwork arranged that way made me realize something. If you look at the first trilogy, there's a clear chronological progression, in the artwork, in some of the themes of the songs/videos, arguably in the sound too-- my breakdown:

1st trilogy:

• Parachutes - artwork is an old fashioned style yellowed globe, that sailors and explorers might have looked at centuries ago. Sound is very minimal, acoustically influenced
  • Rush of Blood - artwork is a modern computer imaging of a person, music is adding more modern rock and electric instruments, a little bit heavier overall
  • X&Y - artwork is futuristic looking color codes, music has a lot of ambient, echoey synths, electronic sounds, and more electric instruments. Talk video even has them on a faraway moon with a robot

2nd trilogy:

• Viva la Vida - artwork and whole theme revolves around the french revolution. First time the songs themselves have a very clear story and theme (IMO) in the lyrics. The music itself features notable use of big string sections and orchestral sounds (which may relate to the music of the period)
  • MX - slightly futuristic, dystopian, punk-ish, rebelling artistic themes. Music tells a story again (although more about the love story than about the futuristic setting). Carries over the themes of overthrowing unjust governments from VLV. Music has a lot of notable synths, very modern/futuristic pop sounds.

LP6: Assuming that there's something to this and I'm not just full of it, There's a couple directions they could go with this. Either a super-futuristic, full blown sci-fi type theme (exploring the universe or something) or maybe a post-collapse/post-apocalyptic theme. The latter might go well with what we're hearing about it possibly being more "stripped-down" musically compared to the last two.

All speculation and BSing on my part, but I like the idea. Any thoughts?

If they do a post apocalyptic style album, I think the album should be mainly acoustic. Base it off Atlas and talk about gods, stars, space and unrequited love. The Scientist comes to mind when for some reason, but on acoustic guitar. I think it would be cool if they added/kept the spacey synths, but keep the guitars there too for the organic feeling of it. 11-12 songs, 45 minutes. Maybe a spacey slow/medium tempo instrumental intro song.

Thank you for this. :)

People are talking about three ideas here:

1. Trilogy
  2. Progression in time
  3. Album name length pattern

I really like these! Parachutes, AROBTTH, and X&Y is one trilogy. VLVODAAHF, Mylo Xyloto, and LP6 is another.

Trilogy 1 shows a progression in time if you look at musical style and cover art. Maybe trilogy 2 (if it turns out to indeed be a trilogy) will show the same pattern too, which I think would be really cool.

LP6 being about a post apocalyptic space age is a pretty cool idea too I think. Many fans say that Moving To Mars, which revolves around exactly that theme, is the best song of the MX era. So maybe MTM is the frontman of LP6? :-)

So if we assume that the name length pattern holds true, maybe the name of the album will be something like: When Man Has Destroyed the Earth.

Maybe I should make an album image with that. :-) I'm so excited about LP6.

I don't know if somebody has noticed that, apart from the love from Coldplay of naming titles with colours, numbers or places in the world, they also like to name titles with body parts like:

- No More Keeping My Feet on the Ground

- Now My Feet Won't Touch the Ground

- A Rush of Blood to the Head

- God Put a Smile upon Your Face

- Green Eyes

- White Shadows (Not a part of the body itself, but the body creates it)

So I bet that the next title would be long and with the name of a body part in it. And if it's not the LP6 title, I think that it would be a song. Maybe something very long like AROBTTH or VLVODAAHF like: HTWIMBOF (How The World Is Melting Beneath Our Feet)

And about the covert art, I don't know, but some picture with ice on it.

Like this?

Desktop36-003.jpg

It looks awesome! :dazzled:

I think the albums "theme" (like revolutions on Viva and grafitti on MX) could be something like those old astronomy things, maybe relating to the roman gods that name the planets of our solar system, a bit like Atlas lyric video. I don't know, I guess it's something cool to go with. Things like those old celestian maps and astrony instruments would be cool on a artwork...

800px-Planisph%C3%A6ri_c%C5%93leste.jpg

654px-Astrolabe-Persian-18C.jpg

I was thinking the same thing too since Atlas came out. But I doubt they would go to that route as far as I hear about LP6 so far. :thinking: Still hoping though. :fingersx:

Thank you for this. :)

Welcome!;)

People are talking about three ideas here:

1. Trilogy
  2. Progression in time
  3. Album name length pattern

I really like these! Parachutes, AROBTTH, and X&Y is one trilogy. VLVODAAHF, Mylo Xyloto, and LP6 is another.

Trilogy 1 shows a progression in time if you look at musical style and cover art. Maybe trilogy 2 (if it turns out to indeed be a trilogy) will show the same pattern too, which I think would be really cool.

LP6 being about a post apocalyptic space age is a pretty cool idea too I think. Many fans say that Moving To Mars, which revolves around exactly that theme, is the best song of the MX era. So maybe MTM is the frontman of LP6? :-)

So if we assume that the name length pattern holds true, maybe the name of the album will be something like: When Man Has Destroyed the Earth.

Maybe I should make an album image with that. :-) I'm so excited about LP6.

Your name idea is very good. I really love it :D

And the first triology's cover arts were simple. I think LP6 will have interesting and not simple cover art and the second triology will have interesting and not simple cover arts. If that is two triology's will have different themes. First triology is simple, second triology will be interesting and not simple ;)

Six more suggestions (They could pick one for the album title and the other ones would also be good for song titles):

- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

- The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

- Life, the Universe and Everything

- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

- Mostly Harmless

- And Another Thing... (Written by Eoin Colfer, he was given permission to write the book by Adams' widow Jane Belson. Prior to his death, Adams had felt the need to continue the story: "I suspect at some point in the future I will write a sixth Hitchhiker book...", and "People have said, quite rightly, that Mostly Harmless is a very bleak book. And it was a bleak book. I would love to finish Hitchhiker on a slightly more upbeat note, so five seems to be a wrong kind of number; six is a better kind of number."

These titles are taken from the novels of Douglas Adams described as "a trilogy in five parts", having been described as a trilogy on the release of the third book, and then a "trilogy in four parts" on the release of the fourth book. The US edition of the fifth book was originally released with the legend "The fifth book in the increasingly inaccurately named Hitchhiker's Trilogy" on the cover. Subsequent re-releases of the other novels bore the legend "The [first, second, third, fourth] book in the increasingly inaccurately named Hitchhiker's Trilogy". In addition, the blurb on the fifth book humorously describes the book as "the book that gives a whole new meaning to the word trilogy".

(All this is related with the number 42 and also as the Answer to The Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything)

Once I even dreamt about a title called "The Book", which is also the name from one of the characters from the radio series.

And hey, it has the words DON'T PANIC inscribed in large friendly letters on its cover.

Pd: I have to say that I haven't read the novels...