✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What can we do to save the forum?

Blakexy1125

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I saved some stuff which I need. But what is benefit of saving all the stuff? I'm not computer genius, so I want ask. Is it possible to create new site and put all (or maybe not all) stuff into it?

I actually feel hopeless.

Yeah, I saved some stuff which I need.

That's your first mistake. You should save stuff OTHERS need, too. For example the audio/video material in the multimedia thread.

Is it possible to create new site and put all (or maybe not all) stuff into it?

Yes. With a lot of work it is possible.

I actually feel hopeless.
Welcome to the club :disappointed:

Guest LiquidSky

aww come on guys! Maybe someone will buy it at the last minute :idea2: Just enjoy yourselves while it's still here:)

Maybe someone will buy it at the last minute :idea2:
tumblr_mt6pcdYEbb1sypyz3o4_400.gif

Just enjoy yourselves while it's still here:)
I find it hard to enjoy myself when there's a giant axe swinging over my head <__<

Well anyway, I've got 250+ GB of Coldplay material saved, let's see how much of an help this will be in the future...

Is it true that the forum will stay open for like two more weeks after the auction ended? Or are we making our last posts on here now?

Also, tifosi said that it has no use that we try to save everything (and that it causes server problems) because the owners have everything archived, but are we going to get access to that and if so, where?

I just saved all the smilies:D

Already did that a few days ago and send them all over to the coldplayers.boards.net :charming:

Also, tifosi said that it has no use that we try to save everything (and that it causes server problems) because the owners have everything archived, but are we going to get access to that and if so, where?

He hasn't answered yet, and it seems the files are just stored away/non-accessible

Guest LiquidSky
Is it true that the forum will stay open for like two more weeks after the auction ended? Or are we making our last posts on here now?

Erm, the data has been saved and it is ready to hand off (to the new owners if anyone buys it) The data basically belongs to coldplaying, so you wouldn't really be able to use it? I don't know if Ian and fam would want to keep just a site running with information and data (that is for them to decide) but if they were to keep a site running, I'd imagine that it would be the same problem with keeping up with it and paying a server for it.

As for the two weeks, it is very likely that it will be still running at least a few days after the auction ends but I guess we will have to see. I can't tell you for sure as I don't know the date it will be closed or not.

Guest LiquidSky
Already did that a few days ago and send them all over to the coldplayers.boards.net :charming:

He hasn't answered yet, and it seems the files are just stored away/non-accessible

Are they using them???

Erm, the data has been saved and it is ready to hand off (to the new owners if anyone buys it) The data basically belongs to coldplaying, so you wouldn't really be able to use it? I don't know if Ian and fam would want to keep just a site running with information and data (that is for them to decide) but if they were to keep a site running, I'd imagine that it would be the same problem with keeping up with it and paying a server for it.

As for the two weeks, it is very likely that it will be still running at least a few days after the auction ends but I guess we will have to see. I can't tell you for sure as I don't know the date it will be closed or not.

Okay thanks. But what if no one buys? Then we do lose everything?

what do you mean with "use"? I don't mean to steal everything and publish it on another website.

I just checked their site. It looks nice. I like the ghost gif thingies

Hehe I made that :charming: Chris hasn't called for his credits yet

Seriously, are we the only ones out of registered 93,357 members that give a flying f*ck about this place? :uhoh:

More or less like that.

I'm sure that here are so many people who would like to help. But how? :\

^No help we can give seems to be enough.

^ Saving stuff for a start :|

^This would help.

That's your first mistake. You should save stuff OTHERS need, too. For example the audio/video material in the multimedia thread.

This²

I find it hard to enjoy myself when there's a giant axe swinging over my head <__<

I know how it feels. =/

I just saved all the smilies:D

Now that's a start. Not kidding.

It's just painful the amount of time we will have to say goodbye to all of it.

No one knows because they don't answer.

Erm, the data has been saved and it is ready to hand off (to the new owners if anyone buys it) The data basically belongs to coldplaying, so you wouldn't really be able to use it?

Now that's selfish.

What do you mean with "use"? I don't mean to steal everything and publish it on another website.

No one does. Seriously if it's that's why they are afraid I will laugh. No buyers = all lost forever anyway.

It does make sense to save stuff, not the entire forum of course

I do care about knowing how fans knew Mylo Xyloto would be named so and how they discovered secret events or new songs or fans encounters with the band. Most of this HISTORY is here and it will be lost. I really care about it...

Plus I was not saving the entire forum. I was saving the entire COLDPLAYING.COM this includes WikiColdplay(I don't know if it's theirs but no worrying is enough) and Gallery.

I do care about knowing how fans knew Mylo Xyloto would be named so and how they discovered secret events or new songs or fans encounters with the band. Most this HISTORY is here and it will be lost. I really care about it...

YES that's what I wanted to say but I'm bad with words sometimes

Seriously, are we the only ones out of registered 93,357 members that give a flying f*ck about this place? :uhoh:

I think the rest of us just have no idea what the hell to do. Or we can't do anything. Or we've just sort of accepted it because not all of those 90,000 or so people use the board regularly.

But there are probably some people that don't care. I'd like to think/hope that they're the minority.

I think the rest of us just have no idea what the hell to do. Or we can't do anything...

I agree with you :nod: . The situation is really difficult and finding a solution is equally difficult. We all want to save this site but sometimes what we can do is really limited. :(