✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What can we do to save the forum?

Blakexy1125

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impending doom hanging over our heads. There's a lot of information here. A lot of memories. You know, coldplay is a very closed band. Some have all of their intricacies right out in the open, but Coldplay does not. The people on this forum have done amazing things to generate amazing knowledge about this band that isn't really public. Whether that be technically how the music is created, instruments used, or just inside stories that have to be painstakingly searched. Not to mention a working audio and visual history of every tour, and most every show they've ever played. That's impressive. The problem with this is that the board is going. Who knows if we ever see it again. Information will undoubtedly be lost (not in a technical sense, but who knows if it will ever be public information again or easily accessible), but that doesn't necessarily mean the end. We can move on, and we can rebuild. It's an absolute shame, and I don't like making it sound so simple, but it seems like a truth that we all might have to accept.

I hate to sound mellow-dramatic, but I think I'm as sad about this as I would be about a RL place I love burning down. So many friends and memories and some genuinely good things for the world. The CCC raised money and awareness for a multitude of causes and charities. I am deeply proud of the fans whe made "How We See The World" a reality, even though we Could never quite get part two off the ground. Coldplay fans really are the best!:)

I hate to sound mellow-dramatic, but I think I'm as sad about this as I would be about a RL place I love burning down. So many friends and memories and some genuinely good things for the world. The CCC raised money and awareness for a multitude of causes and charities. I am deeply proud of the fans whe made "How We See The World" a reality, even though we Could never quite get part two off the ground. Coldplay fans really are the best!:)

I want to thank this a million times.

I am deeply proud of the fans whe made "How We See The World" a reality, even though we Could never quite get part two off the ground. Coldplay fans really are the best!:)

Wasn't a part of coldplaying back then. Whats the story with How We See The World?

If we, users, that lived all of this wonderful sense of community are not up to do anything(obviously not because we don't to, because no one says: "Yes, if you do that you'll help") I sadly doubt a third-person will do.

If only the auction ended on April 1st I would hope all of this is just April fools' joke...

I want to believe it's just April fools' joke...

Wasn't a part of coldplaying back then. Whats the story with How We See The World?

It was a CD made up of Original music by forum members to raise money for Oxfam. I think we only sold a couple hundred, but it was still pretty amazing! All the artwork and even the title were members-created.

Sorry for sounding stupid, but there's really nothing we can do but building a new thing. In 2 days getting the information from this to save it is simply said impossible because it's too much.

IMO we should start thinking about something new instead of saving this forum.

Sadly I agree. People have been trying to come up with solutions but we will probably Just have to move on. Row's forum *link removed* is friendly and fun. Nothing will ever replace this place, but at least it's somewhere to go and share the Coldplay love.:)

Idk, sorry to say but there should be a forum which has the same options as this one. Coldplayers.net is nice but isn't a good thing to get so many new users i think.

this forum is done by vBullitin, maybe make coldplayers.com or something like that by vbullitin?

Proboards is a good thing and it has a lot of options. Coldplayers.net already has its own domain (.com was taken) For now, proboards is still free and vBulletin costs money from the start, but who knows where we might end up one day

It would be so awesome if Coldplay is going to buy it. I mean, blootlegs aren't a problem? I can see why they will block bsides and stuff but not bloodlegs.

Bootlegs are a problem because they're BOOTLEGS. You do know what bootleg means, right? It's just another word for a pirate copy.

And they prolly won't buy this site because they don't make any money with it.

It would be so awesome if Coldplay is going to buy it. I mean, blootlegs aren't a problem? I can see why they will block bsides and stuff but not bloodlegs.

Sadly it's not likely. As Tash said, They closed their official forum Because of infighting and other nonsense, so they probably wouldn't go to the trouble again. I wonder if they're even aware of the auction. Debs certainly would be.

Edit: and what Batman said.