✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What can we do to save the forum?

Blakexy1125

Guest LiquidSky

uhhhh.. I was talking about if you guys wanted to save photos not threads o.O I think the owners have saved the data already.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you're doing is generating html snapshots of pages generated by complex db driven software. And pissing me off. I don't want to start blocking IP's because someone is leeching bandwidth and causing server issues.

Thanks.

I don't know about others but I was downloading @~27Kbps - which I highly doubt it would harm any server or this site wouldn't carry 2 users online at the same time. It would take all night and one more day maybe but I don't care because everybody is worried about this site getting closed and everything I see is lots of pages of people trying to help but apparently nothing that we do but finding $10k from nowhere and buying this site and getting alone $300/month to maintain it seems to help.

I live in Brazil, this country is shit - yes it is - and I am not rich here but I swear I would gladly pay 10~15 dollars a month to use this messageboard if only you guys could give us a chance. I know that you guys know how we feel like home in here and how sad we are about how things are going but I am really, really sorry that there's nothing we can do to save it. This messageboard has been a reference in terms of fast information, multimedia, fun, expectation, live blogging and soooo on for me and loads of people. I don't see how we can get anything any close to it.

It's getting busier because of the new single & impending album, but software like this create artificial ddos attacks by creating permanent multiple concurrent connections adding to the normal page requests and tying up the server.

Look, your intentions may be good, but I also fail to see how after Stephen has explained about hogging up server resources, and encouraging others to do the same, is ultimately helpful for the site. Sure, you get some data, it's probably not going to be 100% and the whole thing is also causing extra undue problems and possibly stress

EDIT: Oh damn, ninja'd

Sorry for crashing (?) the server last night. Since no one else really does anything to save this forum, I just wanted to help :dozey:

^I won't backup anything anymore.

Next topic: were do we get the data found here after it closes?

THIS