✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What can we do to save the forum?

Blakexy1125

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe the guy that's going to buy it is going to keep coldplayig? i don't even know if anyone is going to buy it

I guess we won't know if there's a buyer til Saturday. Will it Just be closed if there is no buyer?

Yup. Math done. A page at a time really would take ages. I might put on a 55 gallon drum of coffee and try, but my hopes aren't high, lol.

Money and maintainance are equally important and a team would indeed be necessary.

Money and maintainance are equally important and a team would indeed be necessary.

So even if we could get the money to buy it (Kickstarter or something like that) and a small monthly fee/donation to keep it up we would still need a team to run this place. Question is, who.

This site can't be closed:( I just can't believe it.

I joined this forum around 2010-2011 and what I remember most is the LP5 / Mylo Xyloto thread three years ago just before MX came out. Unforgettable. We were all just like partying hard and posting crazy theories and funny shit. I guess that was not the first thread of that kind, and that there is lots of other memories here that we don't want to lose.

I seriously can't believe that it's just getting closed up like that. I just can't

Maybe someone will use Coldplaying for a different use, maybe its a new sort of term for a hitman that is more understandable than 'wetwork' (anyone remember Horrible bosses and what happened when they tried to hire a hitman) so next time you come on the site, it might be asking you to 'donate' and name someone :P

They stated in the ad anyway that buyers would be vetted so anyone who does buy it will be capable of running a site and all it entails and hopefully a big Coldplay fan ;D I've sold on Flippa before anyway and most of the bids do not come until the last minute anyway.

I have been here since 2005 on a previous account and I love the place, used to always post on the official Coldplay forums which was fun but this had more of a community feel to it and have had some many good times here with VLVODAAHF leaking and flooding the Justin Timberlake forum as one example xD I have been more of an onlooker than a poster more recently and would like to see Coldplaying back to its original self and who knows, might be even better!

Stick together guys, there is always a way, see what happens until Sunday morning and take it from there :)

I wish I could thank this!:)

Yeah. The leak on JT fora was a blast! The (admittedly Highly immature) raid in the MCR forum was funny as hell! HWSTW, and of course so many concert Stories and tales of meeting the band. I've been here since'05 too and it's Just so hard to accept that it all might be coming to an end! Holding my breath and crossing my fingers til Sunday.

I have been here since 2005 on a previous account and I love the place, used to always post on the official Coldplay forums which was fun but this had more of a community feel to it and have had some many good times here with VLVODAAHF leaking and flooding the Justin Timberlake forum as one example xD I have been more of an onlooker than a poster more recently and would like to see Coldplaying back to its original self and who knows, might be even better!

Memories!

I cant remember the MCR one haha. Does anyone remember the Oasis forum raid, I think it was on the official Coldplay forums in 2005. Again was immature but Oasis have some angry fans and the way they reacted was priceless, don't know if that had any small influence on Liam's rants about Coldplay :D

if you save threads as pdf's is it gonna be possible to make it as a thread again?

No, each page, thread etc is generated dynamically from the database whenever requested including links, image requests etc. Saving static html pages is fine, but the links won't work.

I guess the biggest problem is not the money but work the site needs. You need someone who knows how something big like this works and who is willing and able to invest a lot of time to keep this running. Not entirely sure how much work it requires to run a site like this but i guess it's hard to accomplish when you have a full-time job, a family, go to school or basically have any life or hobbys besides this site.

This. Finding the right person/people/group is not easy.

Doing what we can. Patience.

Ok, so to sum up, we need someone who

a) is rich enough to buy the site and also pay the maintaining costs and

b) has nothing to do in life but work for this site 24/7 without getting any money out of it, preferable with some assistants working for the same conditions.

Seems silly to quote my own post, but I cannot think of anything new. :sad2:

I would quite willingly pay a monthly fee for the forum, but I think many would leave rather than paying. So in the end we would have too few paying members to get enough fees in for maintenance.

This is all so frustrating! And I cannot help with the saving as I have just absoultely no time right now:cry: Haven't even had time to watch the iTunes Show!

Through out the years I have enjoyed reading your thoughts and fangirling. Most times I have laughed so hard I've cried and gone to bed with a smile on my face. Thank you so much for all the joy you folks have brought to so many of us. this is the first time I have written on this site and I have to tell you that my prayers are for someone to buy this site but more so for the originators to start making money off this site to keep it going, advertising really helps, good luck

advertising really helps

^And so I told them.

Really curious to know who you are mysterious person!

In my crazy head you are already a band member. I mean everyone can be a band member, but you sound like a band member, just say "I'm Will" or "I'm Guy", we'll be happy, we knew you read it, everyone said "they don't", but we know you do, it's more like a "I feel it" thing, I'm sure if we manage to decrypt it, "24katatp" is Guy Berryman in some strange language [/psycho] LOL

Just kidding.

I agree with earlier posters -- start thinking about the future. Maybe a new vbulletin hosted on the cloud, for very high traffic forums.. That runs about $720 USD per year with 200GB/month in bandwidth (custom packages with higher GB can be created).

^And so I told them.

Really curious to know who you are mysterious person!

In my crazy head you are already a band member. I mean everyone can be a band member, but you sound like a band member, just say "I'm Will" or "I'm Guy", we'll be happy, we knew you read it, everyone said "they don't", but we know you do, it's more like a "I feel it" thing, I'm sure if we manage to decrypt it, "24katatp" is Guy Berryman in some strange language [/psycho] LOL

Just kidding.

Of course it's Chris Martin and he's obviously talking about the Chris/Jonny thread :charming:

Dear Lord I hope they'll never find the fanfic thread :lol:

Money can buy this place but you gotta have motivation to keep things going.

Maybe it wasn't just the matter about money.

Come one guys, he has done a great job keeping this site going for us for over 10 years.

We can't blame him if he doesn't want to do this anymore.

And I have a question. I don't know it this is possible or not but can us (coldplaying members) buy this site?

I am happy to pay $100 for the auction. If we can collect $100 from 100 persons, we'll have $10,000 as Tash mentioned on the first page. And I'll pay $5 or $10 monthly.

Every years's profit can go to charity or band merch or even a coldplay ticket to the member who donates.

But the site should be accessible for those who cannot pay.

But then again the problem about the ownership of the site. Since my IT knowloedge is super low, does anyone know if 100+ people can own the site together?

Money can buy this place but you gotta have motivation to keep things going.

Maybe it wasn't just the matter about money.

Come one guys, he has done a great job keeping this site going for us for over 10 years.

We can't blame him if he doesn't want to do this anymore.

And I have a question. I don't know it this is possible or not but can us (coldplaying members) buy this site?

I am happy to pay $100 for the auction. If we can collect $100 from 100 persons, we'll have $10,000 as Tash mentioned on the first page. And I'll pay $5 or $10 monthly.

Every years's profit can go to charity or band merch or even a coldplay ticket to the member who donates.

But the site should be accessible for those who cannot pay.

But then again the problem about the ownership of the site. Since my IT knowloedge is super low, does anyone know if 100+ people can own the site together?

the more people the site own, the more chaotic it gets :uhoh: I believe it's the best if you just put Ads about EVERYWHERE, in every free pixel, and Ad the shit out of this place.

Ian has done a fantastic job indeed and I perfectly understand that they can't keep it for ever, just wanted to say that. Thank you for everything (really everything, the best day of my life sort of happened thanks to this site) team cping. But still argh this sucks.

*continues saving memories*

So, is it really closing tomorrow? :(

I have been super busy lately and haven't had time to spend some proper time on here :(

Thank you for everything. Coldplaying has had such a huge impact on my life. It brought me new dreams and allowed me to make them come true. It gave me a different vision of the world. It got me new friends. I really hope someone eventually agrees to buy the site. This community means so much to me and to many people. I wish I had more time (and um more space on my hard drives) to download everything in the multimedia and save as much of the threads as I could. :lol:

I wish we could have done more.

But anyway.

Thank you for everything.

I've probably said this so many times on twitter, but I'll say it again.

Thank you Ian and everyone involved in running this site and everyone who made it what it is today. This place really means a lot to me, I spent a lot of time here as a teenager and met lots of people who I really love and appreciate. I understand how much effort and how much love it takes to run such a site. Really wish Coldplay would buy this place and save it for us, but at the end of the day I just wish the best for us and for everyone.

A biiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggg thank you for everything! The memories will always be there. :)

:hug:

I can't believe this site might be gone for good. It's so sad, I don't post as much as I used to when I first joined but I do visit it regularly and I can't believe it will no longer be there if no one buys it and is interested/able in keeping it running. :( I met amazing people because of this site. Lots of memories shared here. I hope it doesn't really close.