✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[21-Mar-2014] Coldplay @ Sony Pictures Studios, Los Angeles, USA

Tash

I live down the street from the venue and plan to arrive straight after work (around 4pm) to see if anyone in line has an extra ticket when I get there. If any of you on this thread recognize me, say hi! :) Maybe I can bring those of you in line snacks or something... ;)

If I don't win a Saturday ticket, I'll be doing the same thing but much earlier in the day. Go big or go home!! =)

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they say the parking lot opens at 5:30? I have priority tickets for Saturday, and we were told the lot opens at 5:30, and our ticket pickup starts at 6. I've looked at the map, and trying to decide how early to get there,because there doesn't seem to be anywhere to really hang out and see. When I saw them at Jimmy Kimmel, we also had priority and arrived at 10am, for a 6:00 door. But there were thousands of people, not just a couple of hundred, like I"m expecting this one to be… What are you going to wear? LOL

Yeah they told me the same thing - parking lot opens at 5:30 but can't get tickets until 6. I'm definitely going to get there early and move my car into the lot at 5:30? At least that's the plan now... I can let you know how it goes after on Friday :) I want to wear my navy Mylo shirt but it says "Nice Casual" so I'm not sure if that would be too casual! :) I'm sooooo excited!!

Maybe I will see you there. I've seen your photo and will look for you. I fly in to LA Fri morning and would love to find an extra ticket too!!! Good luck!

I live down the street from the venue and plan to arrive straight after work (around 4pm) to see if anyone in line has an extra ticket when I get there. If any of you on this thread recognize me, say hi! :) Maybe I can bring those of you in line snacks or something... ;)

If I don't win a Saturday ticket, I'll be doing the same thing but much earlier in the day. Go big or go home!! =)

I got rejected this morning for Friday, but they just switched to approved!!!!!!!! So there is still hope!! I'm actually hoping to get tickets for Saturday instead because I'll have to miss work friday!

You have the luck of the ghosts! Congrats. I will be hanging around hoping for a ticket :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am anxious to see them this weekend because this could be my only chance to see them over the next few months (except for gigs in NY, maybe) as my work schedule is about to get very heavy and require a lot of travel to non Coldplay venue cities :)

I've been to a lot of music tv show tapings, American Idol, Duets, etc, and I saw Coldplay perform on Ellen. All the sound stages are pretty small. I looked up the sound stage specs at Sony, can't even begin to speculate which one they would use. But all the shows I've seen have a capacity of less than 300. That's why I think more people didn't get tickets from 1iota. They are also having to count the radio station winners, I think KROQ had 40 or so on-air winners and also some online, plus guests for Friday night. 98.7 and KIIS-FM gave away tickets to Saturday, not as many as KROQ. I received a note from 1iota (they handled the radio station winners, too), that said if you are not planning on attending, to please let them know because they need to notify more wait-listed people 24 hours in advance. So there may still be some last minute tickets released. However, I'm not holding my breath (for my husband who entered the 1iota lottery).

I'm so beyond excited :dance:

There's no mention of a dress code, an age limit, or a no cell / camera rule for sundays show either.

My son is 15 and i'm bringing him Sunday. Coldplay is his favorite group and would die if something happened and we couldnt get in. He's a big kid at 5'7" and is already growing in a beard. So hopefully they wont ask for an ID.

I just called Sony Pictures Studio and they said Ticketmaster should be emailing those who purchased tickets with all the logistics info.

By the way, here's a list of the dimensions of all the sound stages on the property. It looks like the largest studio is about 1/2 the square footage of a football field. That sounds like it could be pretty big, although if it's like other shows I've been to in soundstages, there's a lot of space used up for walkways, production crew, etc, so it probably won't fit as many people as it sounds like it could based on the square footage alone. http://sonypicturesstudios.comoductionsection/stages/Stage.html

There's no mention of a dress code, an age limit, or a no cell / camera rule for sundays show either.

My son is 15 and i'm bringing him Sunday. Coldplay is his favorite group and would die if something happened and we couldnt get in. He's a big kid at 5'7" and is already growing in a beard. So hopefully they wont ask for an ID.

No age limit for Sundays show. The only time the age limit came into effect was that 1iota or radio winners had to be 18. But their guest could be under 18 as long as it's a parent/guardian.

These are the 1iota rules:

Minimum age for winners is 18. Winner’s guests must be 18 or older, unless the winner is the parent or guardian of the guest. Everyone must present a valid state/government issued ID or passport (with a visible date-of-birth) to attend the show.

Parking

You MUST park and check-in inside the Sony Pictures Overland Garage. The Garage will open at 5:30PM.

Check-In Location

After parking, go to the first floor and look for the 1iota Check-In Table (next to the visitor center).

Don'ts: No solid white clothing, shorts, t-shirts, hats or attire with large logos. We reserve the right to deny entry to anyone dressed inappropriately.

Personal Items and Security

Cell phones, cameras or recording devices will NOT be allowed. Please be aware that all audience members will go through a metal detector upon entering the studio. Please downsize any purses or bags you are bringing with you. Firearms, drugs and alcohol are strictly prohibited on the lot.

Dress

Our dress code is NICE CASUAL (Dark Colors) as if you are going to a great restaurant!

• Don'ts: No solid white clothing, shorts, t-shirts, hats or attire with large logos. We reserve the right to deny entry to anyone dressed inappropriately.

(BTW, my 15 year old daughter just hit 6'0" - we are so in trouble. LOL)

God I hope nothing goes wrong with my ticket for Sunday; so jealous I can't go sooner! Dianne, thanks for your info and promise that if you see an older, short Hispanic standing behind you, you will duck down so that I can see the stage :)

No age limit for Sundays show. The only time the age limit came into effect was that 1iota or radio winners had to be 18. But their guest could be under 18 as long as it's a parent/guardian.

These are the 1iota rules:

Minimum age for winners is 18. Winner’s guests must be 18 or older, unless the winner is the parent or guardian of the guest. Everyone must present a valid state/government issued ID or passport (with a visible date-of-birth) to attend the show.

Parking

You MUST park and check-in inside the Sony Pictures Overland Garage. The Garage will open at 5:30PM.

Check-In Location

After parking, go to the first floor and look for the 1iota Check-In Table (next to the visitor center).

Don'ts: No solid white clothing, shorts, t-shirts, hats or attire with large logos. We reserve the right to deny entry to anyone dressed inappropriately.

Personal Items and Security

Cell phones, cameras or recording devices will NOT be allowed. Please be aware that all audience members will go through a metal detector upon entering the studio. Please downsize any purses or bags you are bringing with you. Firearms, drugs and alcohol are strictly prohibited on the lot.

Dress

Our dress code is NICE CASUAL (Dark Colors) as if you are going to a great restaurant!

• Don'ts: No solid white clothing, shorts, t-shirts, hats or attire with large logos. We reserve the right to deny entry to anyone dressed inappropriately.

(BTW, my 15 year old daughter just hit 6'0" - we are so in trouble. LOL)