✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[21-Mar-2014] Coldplay @ Sony Pictures Studios, Los Angeles, USA

Tash

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any info as to whether there will be a live feed of any sort for the 3 gigs this weekend? Alls i've read so far is that they will tape some of it for a TV/DVD program and LFDianne is gonna post some stuff for us? Beyond that, is there hopefully a video link or another twitter account to follow at least?

Do you know the venues yet for Fri or Sat? Great that you will be with friends/husband. Us Coldplayers have to have understanding husbands! Unfortunately, mine couldn't make the trip this weekend. Pleast let us now when you get the venue info for Sat!

I'll let you know. When I saw Coldplay on American Idol, there were no cameras allowed. But on shows like Live from the Artist's Den or even the mini concerts at Jimmy Kimmel Live, the audience has cameras. I didn't see anything on Ticketmaster, or a disclosure on my ticketing email that no cameras were allowed, at least for Sunday's show. I'm still waiting for the radio station to call me with the details of Saturday's show. I'm beyond excited!!!

I think I'm going to pretty much wipe out my phone to free up memory if I can't bring my point and shoot. Lol. And I have an external battery. My 5s camera is good but not as good as my Sony cyber shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm going to pretty much wipe out my phone to free up memory if I can't bring my point and shoot. Lol. And I have an external battery. My 5s camera is good but not as good as my Sony cyber shot.

Thanks, but don't let it get in the way of your concert experience! I for one am not one of those types that can go to a concert only to view it though my camera lens or phone screen.

Tell me about it. I use the DSC-HX20v thanks to someone who posted some amazing pics on here during the MX tour. That thing is a beast at concert photography!!!

Thanks, but don't let it get in the way of your concert experience! I for one am not one of those types that can go to a concert only to view it though my camera lens or phone screen.

I do tend to take some photos and a few videos, but I also go to multiple shows. I've got my system down pretty well by now. And I'm not one of those who holds the camera over my head and block everyone else's view, being tall has it's advantages.

Tell me about it. I use the DSC-HX20v thanks to someone who posted some amazing pics on here during the MX tour. That thing is a beast at concert photography!!!

I have the earlier version of that, the HX9v. Jason is the one who recommends the cyber shots. He takes amazing photos but usually gets a photo pass so can bring in real equipment.

I have the earlier version of that, the HX9v. Jason is the one who recommends the cyber shots. He takes amazing photos but usually gets a photo pass so can bring in real equipment.

The 20-30x optical zoom and higher end low light sensor make the difference on the cybershots. I wish I had an RX100, I hear that is the best point and shoot for low light...

I do tend to take some photos and a few videos, but I also go to multiple shows. I've got my system down pretty well by now. And I'm not one of those who holds the camera over my head and block everyone else's view, being tall has it's advantages.

lol, I hear you, i'm 6'3'' myself! I just meant how it seems some ppl can hold a camera/phone for a 90 minute gig and not peak up from their viewfinder the whole time.

During the Viva tour, I used the Cyber Shot and got great photos. Then during MX, something seemed to go wrong at every show I attend so I gave up on it and used my cell phone at last show. I was so disappointed because some shots were blurry (though some were kind of cool in their blurriness.) I may try Cyber Shot again on Sunday!

The 20-30x optical zoom and higher end low light sensor make the difference on the cybershots. I wish I had an RX100, I hear that is the best point and shoot for low light...

Although it has trouble with red lighting. Which annoys me. I wish bands would use more blue lights. LOL Here are a few from the last Coldplay show I was at, in Brooklyn, Dec 30, 2012.

Although it has trouble with red lighting. Which annoys me. I wish bands would use more blue lights. LOL Here are a few from the last Coldplay show I was at, in Brooklyn, Dec 30, 2012.

We met at that show... I'm Billy, I was with John, Jared, Zohra and her sister up front! Such a good show!

(I changed my username from wcampbell98)

Standing up front reminds me of the Lalapalooza and ACL festivals in 2011 when Coldplay was road testing MX. We waited for hours and then, before CP came on, I tripped over someone sitting on the ground and broke my ankle. I didn't go to the medic tent and, I swear, I didn't feel any pain until after the show. Then, just before ACL, I broke another bone on my other foot, so I was at ACL with TWO surgical boots. That night, I was really feeling the pain waiting for them to come out. Near the end of the show, Chris Martin jumped off stage and I leaned forward (we were by the railing) to take a photo and my husband grabbed me by the back of the shirt and pulled me back! He didn't want me to break another bone. I have a photo from that night with the stage behind me and I looked SO HAPPY. That's why I think I like Coldplay. For an old chick who went crazy for the Beatles, Coldplay is more "accessible" and makes me feel happy.

Ok. Here's the scoop. I just got my tickets from KIIS fm, managed through 1iota. Saturday's show is at Sony Studios, too. So I'm pretty positive Friday's show is, too. They are definitely filming a 2 hour show. There's a dress code "NICE Casual." LOL These shows are 18+, but ticketmaster didn't say anything about an age for Sunday's show. Says parking garage opens at 5:30, check in at 6:00. Wonder if it's worth getting there super early…Hmmm. And that's about all the info I have.

Oh and no cameras or cell phones allowed.

Also posted on 22 March thread.

I thought they might all be at Sony so that they don't have to reset the the amps and gear. Thanks for the info!

Ok. Here's the scoop. I just got my tickets from KIIS fm, managed through 1iota. Saturday's show is at Sony Studios, too. So I'm pretty positive Friday's show is, too. They are definitely filming a 2 hour show. There's a dress code "NICE Casual." LOL These shows are 18+, but ticketmaster didn't say anything about an age for Sunday's show. Says parking garage opens at 5:30, check in at 6:00. Wonder if it's worth getting there super early…Hmmm. And that's about all the info I have.

Oh and no cameras or cell phones allowed.

Also posted on 22 March thread.

We met at that show... I'm Billy, I was with John, Jared, Zohra and her sister up front! Such a good show!

(I changed my username from wcampbell98)

Ohhhhh….I remember. What a great night that was. I'm looking forward to many more nights with Coldplay in the next year!