✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-Mar-2014] Coldplay @ Sony Pictures Studios, Los Angeles, USA (video shoot)

Tash

Do you have priority tickets or general admission tickets? I've got a priority ticket and I wonder if that means I'll get a better seat (although based on my experience with other 1iota shows, they hand out random colored wristbands and that's the section you sit in no matter how early you get in line.)

Also, it sounds like the video shoot will be similar to the concerts according to this post from last night. "I am also attending the video shoot tomorrow and I asked staff how it differed from the evening shows. They said it was going to be almost the same, just focused more on getting pickup shots for the video production they are making over these couple of days. Tomorrow night will be the same as tonight."

I have priority. For Kimmel, if you are there early, it's great. They keep everyone in one line then separate when they scan tickets and wristband. Not sure if it will be the same for this.

And that news makes me so happy!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone. I just received a reply from 1iota and they said there won't be a check in area for cell phones. How the heck am I supposed to tell my parents where to pick me up?

Search for a payphone nearby the area, or you could set up a time and place to meet with your parents beforehand around the time you estimate the show to be over.

I have a feeling that the band might have a limited involvement in this since they have an important show tonight. but who knows what this actually is. looking forward to hearing from the attendees.

So according to twitter, they spent around 3 hours playing the new album as well as older hits. apparently played the scientist this time around. also of course as mentioned in another thread before, chris mentioned that this will be a tv special aired in nbc in a month or so. and chris was cracking jokes and talking to the audience today.

Yeah, it was essentially like the show last night but with starts and stops for specific shots. We got to hear Stars twice since we reacted so well to it. It's amazing.

Chris was hilarious today. He is the best "warm up man" ever.

They opened with Paradise, then played the new album, then closed with Clocks and The Scientist by request.

The DVD will be amazing. Chris was explaining the concepts behind the visuals and there will be other non-performance clips included.

I am so freaking happy right now. Ended up front row behind Will and with a dead on view of the piano. Still recovering from having Chris sing right at me.

I just got back from the video shoot and have to say it was the best concert I’ve ever been to. It wasn’t a typical concert which goes from song to song, because they had to repeat some segments, do some shorter segments, and do technical shooting. They didn’t play the whole album which I think they did last night, but they played 6 new songs. The theater was set up in an in-the-round style with a very small stage in the center. I was first row directly next to Chris (maybe 6-8 feet away), so I could see his amazing piano playing. While I love Chris, my seating location meant that I had to watch the other guys’ backs much of the time, although Guy and Jonny were good about turning around for at least a few songs. Nevertheless, it’s the closest I’ve ever been to any band, so I’m not complaining! The whole setup was so beautiful, with trees surrounded by candles, paper stars hanging from the ceiling, and a 360 degree video screen around all the back walls displaying images for each song. Chris confirmed that this will be a DVD and an NBC special in about a month. It sounds like the videos will tell some story or journey, as he briefly explained when they showed a clip of him diving into a pool of water. Someone yelled at them to ask when they are going on tour, and Chris said he doesn’t know and that they want to play in small settings like this for a while (who knows whether he didn’t want to leak any info or whether a tour is not in the works).

The setlist as I remember it was Paradise, Always in my Head, Magic, True Love, Midnight, Another’s Arms, A Sky Full of Stars (twice!!), plus a tutorial from Chris on how to sing the Sky Full of Stars chorus for the filming. They played a 10 second snippet of another song which I assume was a retake from yesterday. Then they asked for requests and ended up playing Clocks and The Scientist. At the beginning Chris did an aerial scene complete with flying and flips, all while singing (for the life of me I can’t remember which song it was for, but it was at the beginning).

All the new songs are wonderful, and I even like Midnight (which I didn’t care for before after watching the video). Every song seems like it could be a hit, especially A Sky Full of Stars. Overall it was a surreal experience and I am so thankful to 1iota for making my day (or year!). To be front row in such an intimate setting was a dream come true, and I can’t wait to hear them again tomorrow and buy the album in May.

Since this was to pick up shots they didn't get yesterday, we didn't hear every new song, no Ink or Ocean.

Of the new, new songs, stars and True love. I can't say enough good things about Stars. It has the potential to be one of my very favorite live Coldplay songs. I can't wait to hear it again.

True Love is a ballad, I think it's a bit dark lyrically and it's in the same restrained vein as the other new songs I heard. There is a distinct sound to this album and it's a sound I happen to adore. (Full disclosure: MX is my least favorite album and a big reason why is I thought it was just too much so I love the change in direction.)

Always in my Head was performed as it was during iTunes fest. I really love the stripped down sound they have moved to for GS. Another's arms, also same as iTunes with Chris at piano and projections of women under water. it is also another darker song lyrically.

Yeah, it was essentially like the show last night but with starts and stops for specific shots. We got to hear Stars twice since we reacted so well to it. It's amazing.

Chris was hilarious today. He is the best "warm up man" ever.

They opened with Paradise, then played the new album, then closed with Clocks and The Scientist by request.

The DVD will be amazing. Chris was explaining the concepts behind the visuals and there will be other non-performance clips included.

I am so freaking happy right now. Ended up front row behind Will and with a dead on view of the piano. Still recovering from having Chris sing right at me.

You must have been a few seats down from me. I was front row looking directly at the piano also.

The DLIBYH comparison has made me even MORE stoked for Stars. (I love DLIBYH)!!! I don't know how many times I have posted about my excitement for this song and the album in general. But we're all excited, I'm not the only one!