✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-Mar-2014] Coldplay @ Sony Pictures Studios, Los Angeles, USA (video shoot)

Tash

Funny thing is that NME has been on Coldplay's side more than most magazines. They gave X&Y a 10/10. Hell, I wouldn't give X&Y a 10/10. They gave Viva 8/10, which is stupid, cause Viva is a far better album imo then X&Y, but MX was when NME ran the other way and gave it a 5/10. I love Coldplay as much as the next guy here, but I know for a fact that critics for NME and Rolling Stones won't give Coldplay a good score until Coldplay does a Kid A. They even made a big review on Midnight and praised it. I don't think they will do that for Magic.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys dont expect anything of rolling stone and nme just listen and make your own judgement

Was about to say the same, who gives a flying f*ck about someone's opinion from a magazine. I can see by looking at Coldplay's sales that a load of people have quite a different opinion about if CP is making good or bad music <__<

They gave X&Y a 10/10. Hell, I wouldn't give X&Y a 10/10. They gave Viva 8/10, which is stupid, cause Viva is a far better album imo then X&Y, but MX was when NME ran the other way and gave it a 5/10.

I would score them the same. :D Good Job NME

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've been trying to find info on when this NBC TV special will air on TV? But I haven't had any luck. I know Chris said at the shoot that it was sometime this month but not sure when exactly? I just hope that I don't miss it! :p

Hi all,

I've been trying to find info on when this NBC TV special will air on TV? But I haven't had any luck. I know Chris said at the shoot that it was sometime this month but not sure when exactly? I just hope that I don't miss it! :p

I wonder if they will advertise it during his appearance on The Voice on Monday. They've been promoting the album on the other episodes, so hopefully they'll announce the special also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny thing is that NME has been on Coldplay's side more than most magazines. They gave X&Y a 10/10. Hell, I wouldn't give X&Y a 10/10. They gave Viva 8/10, which is stupid, cause Viva is a far better album imo then X&Y, but MX was when NME ran the other way and gave it a 5/10. I love Coldplay as much as the next guy here, but I know for a fact that critics for NME and Rolling Stones won't give Coldplay a good score until Coldplay does a Kid A. They even made a big review on Midnight and praised it. I don't think they will do that for Magic.

wow ur right, i couldve sworn X&Y was slated by NME but checkde and actually they got a 9/10 but thought they gave them a 4 or something ur right

• 2 weeks later...

Didnt quite know where to post this but I know chris has said they dont have any immediate touring plans at this point well if you watch the video below when MX is finished but not released he says there are also no plans so hes probably just being modest incase the album doesnt go down well [video=youtube;aEGd84MAIJM]