✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay to follow 'Ghost Stories' in 2015 with another album?

gai

Well I was right. Whole internet knows it already. Want to know if it's true? Ask oracle. If she laughs at it, it's rubbish, if she stays quiet, it may be true.

I still don't like the idea. If you told me "Coldplay have already songs for a 2017 release" I would be happy but 2015 is too little time to digest Ghost Stories, even more if next album be MX-anthem-esque. Ghost Stories will be a forever forgotten album like X&Y is (not by me of course).

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, GS is not geared towards a major tour, at all. Albums from a band like Coldplay are meant to be played live in front of 20-50 thousand people. This album won't be 'forgotten', it just won't receive the kind of commercial success that comes through a major tour, radio airplay, etc. I like the album for what it is, a chance for the band to experiment. But what I believe brings Coldplay to the next level is the creativity and energy they bring to the concert experience. Looking forward to LP7 and the tour :)

Okay let's expect hearing "Ink" or "Oceans" or "Another's Arms", for example on future tours forever like I at least expect, let's see: Shiver, Parachutes, High Speed, White Shadows, Talk, X&Y, Speed of Sound, A message (7 hells why can't they play it live once in their lives!?), Low, The Hardest Part, Swallowed in the Sea.

"a more commercial one" no please no no no another paradise and poc no no no no no no no no no i love GH please don't ruin it with a shit commercial album, don't

I wonder if they'll ever drop that ma-ma-ma-ma-para-para-para-wa-wa-wa-wa stuff

PROLLY NOT LOL

*throws parrots around*

The following is assuming this rumour is true:

I don't see how we can do much complaining about more new material coming from the lads. We say we can't wait for the new album to come and yet at the same time we say if they release a new album after that it's too soon...? Personally, I'll take whatever they give us. I hear a few comments that say to release 2 albums so close to one another isn't good (or at least not ideal) but I definitely wouldn't say its a bad thing.

Yea I agree with jc90 alot of you are being really negative because they don't want another mylo. I don't get the bad rep for mylo. Yes its music was popy and bright, but I really enjoyed the album, especially the tour. As far as I see it the more music the better. Plus since we are getting ghost stories, if this is true and they release another mylo type cd that should make everyone happy. There is no reason to be negative.

Although, MX era is far for being the best, I loved it. The colour, the "emotion", everything! it was a magic era. ;)

What I would give to be in one of the concerts of MX Tour.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic XD

Regarding the fear of 'commercializing' Coldplay as was mentioned by the original article: even if it is true, I'd count ourselves as lucky for having a band like Coldplay be as un-commercial as they are. Regardless of everyone's opinion of Coldplay, no one can deny they are one of the biggest acts in the world with their success spreading internationally. I mean, with a band as big as Coldplay, its inevitable that they have some 'radio-friendly, 'commerical' and 'poppy' traits. When I hear these hipster comments along the lines of 'I sure hope they don't go all commercial on us', I wonder where they've been, 'cause the band has already gone a bit in that direction. I am actually thankful that despite their global success, the band hasn't gone completely Hollywood on us. What other band as big as Coldplay have managed to stay quite as under the radar as them?

poppy songs are different from commercial songs, pop is pop, commercial music is commercial, jayz is pop not commercial, justin bieber is commercial not pop. pop albums can have a great production while commercial albums/acts usually don't give a fuck about production because who cares

Oh, I don't quite have that same definition as you. I thought commerical ~ poppiness, lol.

So when you talk about commercial albums being poorly produced, are you referring to the actual sound quality? (serious question)

yes of course, how an album is produced is as important as who sings it, how the songs are being sung, how the intruments are played, because if the intrumental + voice feels good to your hears it's because it was produced in good way, if songs give you headaches then the production was poor. Pick a song like Don't Let It Break Your Heart, it was the song off MX with the worst production, you can't hear a thing, and it's not because "it was meant to be that way" because if you pick Chinese Sleep Chant WHERE it is meant that you don't hear Chris's voice the production works well giving you a decent shoegaze song