✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay to follow 'Ghost Stories' in 2015 with another album?

gai

First of all, there is no guarantee this is true. Just an article I came across and thought some might be interested. To me this looks like a gossip site (correct me if I'm wrong), so take this with a bucket of salt.

Double action: Coldplay are working on two comeback albums, says their record label

COLDPLAY fans can expect a lot more Magic as the band are plotting not one but two comeback albums.

So far, Chris Martin’s boys have only announced their sixth album, Ghost Stories, which will arrive next month with a markedly different sound.

But their record label is expecting a more commercial companion album to follow next year.

A label insider told me: “Ghost Stories is sort of a low key release for Coldplay, if that’s possible.

“It’s their chance to try out some different ideas on a smaller scale before coming back next year with a more traditional record.”

In fact, Ghost Stories and its mysterious follow-up have been likened to how Radiohead and U2 experimented with two-pronged releases midway through their careers.

My source continued: “U2 did it with Achtung Baby and Zooropa.

“And it’s no secret Coldplay have always admired Radiohead.

“They did a similar thing with their experimental Kid A album in 2000, returning a year later with sister release Amnesiac.

"It’s that kind of idea.” Frontman Chris, 37, has thrown himself into music since splitting from wife Gwyneth Paltrow, 41.

But Coldplay are not expected to embark on a major tour until 2015.

My man seasoning Chris’s falafels revealed: “There probably won’t be a huge amount of activity from the band this year, just smaller dates.

“Next year is when fans can look forward to some much bigger Coldplay tour dates.”

It is a wise deflective move for the band since Chris’s private life has made headlines across the world.

It will give fans the time to digest their new sound and look forward to an even larger catalogue of different work in 2015.

For now, Ghost Stories drops on May 19 and an exhibition of album artwork by Mila Fürstov will go on show around the same time.

link

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahaha what

:laugh3: :laugh3:

Does this mean what I think it means? Ghost Stories could be Coldplay's Kid A. Okay, no. Ghost Stories seems to be their Hail to the Thief. But, I wouldn't necessarily mind this to be true! They are playing it very, very quietly right now. I'd assume if they released another full-length album next year, it would be similar to Amnesiac: same sound, different take.

Merged the threads.

Thanks for the info :) This would be brilliant, it does sound logical as Chris will have more of a focus and more time on his music now and another darker themed album (with even more Jonny solos of course!) would be great and give them a very different setlist for a big tour :D

This would be absolutely amazing if this happened!!! :o I wonder if they're counting Ghost Stories as their softer, more acoustic-sounding album, with the next album following the lines of say Viva la Vida or ARoBttH in terms of its scope and ambition. PLEASE BE TRUE! :D

Am I the only one who doesn't like it? Doing this would mean they would suppress Ghost Stories in the shadow of a new, fresh and bright album,and for me pretending that Parachutes and X&Y don't exist in therms of playing live is enough.

I'm not thrilled either, but think of it like this: Radiohead released Kid A in 2000, and Amnesiac in 2001. Both albums go hand-in-hand, because Kid A was supposed to be a double album. In the event this article is true, it sounds like the 2015 LP would be more of a continuation of the Ghost Story sound. Think Prospekt's March to Viva La Vida.