✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Youtube channel relaunched!

Sparky

Edition 2 now live : We now have the excellent online vlogger Petey/PeriahDark as the new video presenter! We also have on board, Ciaran/ciaA26 the BBC Radio 2 award winning musician who provided the amazing cover of 'Always in My Head'

The news and talk of the week just gone (April 14th+). Coldplay announce a new promo tour, new track times for Ghost Stories revealed and the new forum theme on Coldplaying for Ghost Stories is active!

[video=youtube;EYRGBq_nHoI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYRGBq_nHoI&feature=youtu.be

Really great work :)

Anyone wants to chip in with extras, please give me a PM and the best ideas can be implemented on the next edition, we are looking at building on this and making it even better :D

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. This is lightyears ahead of any previous version of this project so far.

+Visually appealing

+Auditorily appealing as well (Petey & Ciaran, fantastic work)

To take it to the next level:

-I noticed annotations weren't even available in the video; something to look into. For instances I would've used it to link to a specific discussion thread or link to the tour dates.

-Last splash screen could advertise the forum, facebook, twitter page.

-At least use the description space below to link or describe those things

I would say some more, but you guys have got a good grasp on it now. There's definitely more good than bad, less things to fix and worry about with this video. Keep it up, I look forward to more!

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. This is lightyears ahead of any previous version of this project so far.

+Visually appealing

+Auditorily appealing as well (Petey & Ciaran, fantastic work)

To take it to the next level:

-I noticed annotations weren't even available in the video; something to look into. For instances I would've used it to link to a specific discussion thread or link to the tour dates.

-Last splash screen could advertise the forum, facebook, twitter page.

-At least use the description space below to link or describe those things

I would say some more, but you guys have got a good grasp on it now. There's definitely more good than bad, less things to fix and worry about with this video. Keep it up, I look forward to more!

Thanks man! I'm sure Sparky can add annotations and links in the description for the next episode. He's the one in control of the channel of course.

As for the social links in the end of the video, yeah, maybe your right. I usually stray away from adding links to social sites in videos because it feels icky to me. Kinda like pandering to an audience. But, thats solely a personal thing. It probably doesn't feel that way when it's for a site instead of a single person's accounts. I'll keep that in mind.

As for the social links in the end of the video, yeah, maybe your right. I usually stray away from adding links to social sites in videos because it feels icky to me. Kinda like pandering to an audience. But, thats solely a personal thing. It probably doesn't feel that way when it's for a site instead of a single person's accounts. I'll keep that in mind.

I feel the same way, but like you mentioned the social stuff is to advertise the site, not a person. Otherwise that would be weird and tacky.

But again, yeah, great work! I view quite a few youtube shows myself and I try to share what I tend to see in most of the higher end channels but the level of work that this video is already at will keep me eager to watch the next episode for sure.

Holy shit, the next episode is gonna be long aint it?

Edit: oh fuck man, and as I type it they add on the NBC special. I so need this news roundup to keep track of everything

French TV appearance

2 German concerts

Tracktimes available on iTunes ("O" longest single coldplay track with possible hidden track) (2nd shortest album 42:42)

NBC special announced

Oceans live first time (mysteriously shorter than listed time on iTunes)

Headlining Radio 1's Big Weekend announced

Zane Lowe interview announced

First snippet of Always in My Head heard

It could be structured in 3 parts for instance: News related to songs, the album itself (tracktimes etc); news related to promotion (interviews, tv appeareance..) and news related to concerts

That would be nice and organized. Plus certain news kinda segues into others like the Zane Lowe announcement having the first snippet of the studio version of Always in My Head

Glad you liked the music, Marc! Would you like anything for next episode?

That was you? Nice job!

Hey guys, just want to give you a heads up on the next episode. It may be a day late or so for 2 reasons:

1) I planned to shoot these on Fridays, but I got a little busy and just finished shooting it right now. Which means I may not get around to editing it until later tonight.

2) Sparky sent me a message saying he would be on holiday for a few days and may not get wifi to post the episode after I send it to him.

But besides that, expect to see it cover the majority of this week's news. I think the only thing I didn't mention was the French TV appearance and the Radio1 Big Weekend headline spot (but I did mention everything else related to Radio1).

It could be structured in 3 parts for instance: News related to songs, the album itself (tracktimes etc); news related to promotion (interviews, tv appeareance..) and news related to concerts

Funny enough, that's very similar to how I structured it this week. A lot of the news easily segued into each other, so many of them fit under one Headline. (I believe I did German Shows/ASFOS, Oceans/Zane Lowe/AIMH, Track Times/Album Length, NBC Special/Trailer in that order if I recall correctly).

Hey guys, just sent the latest episode to Sparky.

Just want to tell you guys first before the episode is up: sorry about some video slight quality differences this week. I switched to a different lens to make it easier to shoot, but it has a variable aperture (the part that lets light in). That means the video gets darker when I zoom in, which normally wouldn't be too much of a problem but I shot this one later than usual and I was losing light fast so it looks a little grainy.

Oh, and the beginning is out of focus a bit, but that's because I didn't bother to shoot a test clip. (The screen on the camera is a bit too far away for me to see if something is focused or not while shooting so I have to shoot a test clip to know where my focus needs to be). My bad.