✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Youtube channel relaunched!

Sparky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGqnqs94QZQEsGFAHdULHjw

The Coldplaying Youtube channel has relaunched! Please click on the link above to subscribe. The new channel is 'Coldplaying'. The old one is 'coldplayingvideo' if you want to have a look back at the old archives.

Edit : For edition 2, we now have the excellent online vlogger Petey/PeriahDark as the new video presenter! We also have on board, Ciaran/ciaA26 the BBC Radio 2 award winning musician who provided the amazing cover of 'Always in My Head'

The news and talk of the week just gone (April 14th+). Coldplay announce a new promo tour, new track times for Ghost Stories revealed and the new forum theme on Coldplaying for Ghost Stories is active!

[video=youtube;EYRGBq_nHoI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYRGBq_nHoI&feature=youtu.be

Bear in mind, a lot of events over the next few months in particular will be sensitive to copyright issues so the best place to visit is the multimedia forum for all the new live performances, tracks etc... as they happen so keep your eyes peeled on both as some content will be exclusive to the Coldplaying Youtube channel, thank you.

OMG, it looks like i'll be the first subscriber! Reprise ColdplayingTV!!!!

Whoa, first video already taken down, not a good start....

*sigh* I guess there's no reasoning with them :rolleyes:

In some magical way a link might just appear in the multimedia forum in the next day or two. Won't be long until the interviews will be coming out and I have a few other idea's! Stay tuned :)

Just saw the podcast. Now, I really hate to be negative but I'd also hate to lie to everyone and say it was perfect. So keep that in mind as I offer some feedback 'cause I really want this project to take off.

-A large problem I found in both this version of the podcast and the previous one (coldplayingtv) is how unpolished the video is. Here, the video is technically in HD now, but what the point if its just a slideshow? The speaker should definitely be ON camera.

-Related to the last point is the how you convey your message. This may be your first video (I don't know) but again, it's lacking that type of person who is casual when speaking; it just needs a person who is natural in front of a camera (i'm sure we can find one of those guys within the forums). I mean, it was clear you had a script prepared (which is good) but it seemed like you were reading straight from it.

+I liked the segment you had with the fan art and hope it can make regular appearances. But to build on that, why not more segments or at least sort out the news in a more logical way. Example, Chris news, Jonny news, Will news, Guy news, album specific news, live appearances news, concert/single review news, etc.

+You were at your best when you were talking about the fake single art. More off the cuff, spontaneous and not as scripted.

TL;DR

We need a true presenter who owns equipment to shoot with.

We need to design and organize the segments more logically

Again, I hate to be Mr. Negative, but I wanna see this become something big. At the same time, I cannot offer to be that host I am describing 'cause I hate my voice as well and I'm just not that guy either.

I think the idea of a Coldplaying podcast is great. Here's some bit of feedback: Maybe instead of being solely a news round up, it can be a community podcast. You can make a thread for finding members to guest on each episode and there could be a specific Coldplay related topic for that episode. Google Hangouts or Skype can be used for the calls. And there would be a news section in addition to the general Coldplay discussion since news will probably start coming slower once the album is out.

That's just my 2 cents. Some of my favorite podcasts are the more conversational ones where people are just having fun talking about a thing they care about. Games, movie, or in this case, Coldplay!

Thanks for the feedback, I do really appreciate it! Its not close to being polished as I would like it to be and I wont be posting it on the main site, FB and Twitter currently as its something new to attract new users to Coldplaying via the Youtube side, even if it gets an extra person here through coming across it on Youtube then it makes a difference :)

I would like to make it much better and build on it a lot, obviously i'm limited with my £2 mic I ordered from Amazon haha and Windows Movie maker!!! And yes, I wouldn't say i'm a casual person (unless in a group), i'm a better director than an actor! I would like it to be a community effort so I am happy if someone has better equipment and they want to be a presenter, I can arrange the content and there is a potential to make a name for yourself so if you are reading this, like I mentioned drop me a PM :D

Periahdark - Thanks, i'll keep that in mind with the Google hangouts+Skype, more casual for sure :)

I think you gotta have a clear list of things you want and then make a thread asking for them. As opposed to asking for volunteers and them having not much to give. This is what I would ask for:

-Someone who has a good camera who is also good at presenting. Ask them what kind of equipment they have (software, camera) and previous presenting experience (do they run a vlog, their own youtube channel (if so, check it out), are they perhaps an arts student with lots of expertise?). In other words, treat it like you're hiring someone for a job, which you are.

-A team of 'writers'. Do not need to make a script but compile a list of news for them to present (I wouldn't mind doing this).

-Artists (photoshoppers) to create an intro and outro splash perhaps? Also, let them dig for relevant pics.

I'm confident those types of people are on this forum and are willing to help. Also, I'd consider making the thread more visible by making a thread in the Coldplay subforum or even on the main coldplaying news page 'cause i'm not so sure this subforum gets a lot of traffic

I will be doing some headhunting for the presenter and I can make use of our Facebook page for the graphics content. Forums wise, there's a few things on my list. For writers, news is fine at the moment with the Ghost Stories on the horizon and we have the main site and forums with lots of content so it won't be an issue right now anyway but creative writing with a comedy/satire edge to it would be great, we have the core news on our site and forums already and feel free to contribute, ideally I want a team of at least a few people if we are going to have a successful Youtube channel to support like our forums are supported by our Moderators. Something more off the wall will make a big difference.

Either way, this is something long term and will be built on each edition, taking the positives and being consistent :)

You desperately need a team of each 'department' (On air personalities, writers, artists) because they help catch mistakes and offer different angles. And its not the amount of content that im worried about, its the relevancy. Case in point, no mention of Guy's birthday which I would def. put in as news.

Also, as a viewer of the last channel, being a bit too heavy on the comedy was one of its downfalls. In other words, it was more poor comedy than well presented news. My advice is to not even worry about being funny. That should come through with a good presenter (who I guess will work collaboratively with writers). If anything, leave the funnies for the discussion/podcast idea where jokes and such would flow more easily and organically (like in normal, friendly discussion).

I actually happen to be a video editor/director with quite a few years of experience. I'm currently working on a few things, but I wouldn't mind helping out where I can. I've been in front of a camera a lot as well. Most of my stuff can be found online on YouTube if you want any examples. I use the same username pretty much everywhere.

Holy shit yes, this is exactly the kind of on-screen personality I was describing. Fun, natural, energetic with a few jokes yes but it doesn't take away from his content.

Also his video quality is at a level that it should be if you're serious about this channel and want it to excel. I mean this in terms of the quality of the video (HD) and attention to detail in editing/post production.

I'm not running this project but as its most vocal supporter I'd say this guy is the clear front runner or at least the model towards which we should build upon.

Might I ask you about your setup (camera, software) and how long a video like this takes to produce from start to finish? And would you give your more professional advice about the first episode.

Just looked at your vlogs Periah, very good. PM me the details of your setup. I have had a very good response so far and have had some more PM's overnight too i'm about to go through. There should be a place for everyone who is interested at one point who may not end up being the regular news presenter to appear every few editions with something unique. Keep it coming guys :)

Might I ask you about your setup (camera, software) and how long a video like this takes to produce from start to finish? And would you give your more professional advice about the first episode.

Thanks for the kind words, duder! I PM Sparky with my setup, but I'd be happy to post it here too. I use a Canon 60D for recording and a Rode microphone for audio. I have another, nicer mic, that I use for podcasts and a few other things where I need to record audio separately from the video. I use Final Cut Pro for editing.

Time to produce a video can vary. For something relatively simple, it can just be a few hours from recording to export (2-4 hours maybe?). For something a bit more produced like my Best of 2014 videos, it's a couple more hours. A good estimate that I use is an hour of production for every minute of footage. But again, that can vary drastically depending on the project. It can be way less or way more.