✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How do you think Ghost Stories will sell?

Skypala

I actually believe it may go on to be one of, if not their best selling album to date-- I have seen a remarkable (and surprising) demand from other people my age (in high school) who have really taken to both Magic and Midnight.

I feel like this album will be a critical success-- one that will draw in more fans who were critical of the band in the past and will make this (despite it's low key marketing) one of their best selling albums!

I think it all depends on ASFOS. If it is that good, like Viva La Vida good, then it will sell a lot. Look at Magic, a decent pop song that ran up the charts in the 10-20 range. If Coldplay has a few more of those and a big one, expect Viva and A Rush numbers.

I think it all depends on ASFOS. If it is that good, like Viva La Vida good, then it will sell a lot. Look at Magic, a decent pop song that ran up the charts in the 10-20 range. If Coldplay has a few more of those and a big one, expect Viva and A Rush numbers.

I agree-- if ASFOS is better than Viva La Vida as some have said, then this could be a very special album indeed! :excited:

I agree with Kingzilla ;) It should sell well judging by magic.

Viva la Vida is the bands best selling and most popular single, but Viva la Vida (the album) is not the bands best selling album.

So it isn't all dependent on the singles.

It's all about marketing and exposure. I don't think Ghost Stories will have the same exposure a record like MX had. I think Coldplay have deliberately made this a smaller key release. They might not even be playing arena shows with it.

Viva la Vida is the bands best selling and most popular single, but Viva la Vida (the album) is not the bands best selling album.

So it isn't all dependent on the singles.

It's all about marketing and exposure. I don't think Ghost Stories will have the same exposure a record like MX had. I think Coldplay have deliberately made this a smaller key release. They might not even be playing arena shows with it.

you are right, but Viva la vida the album was the biggest selling album worldwide in 2008 and is the 2nd best selling album in the US in 2008. it has sold 10 million worldwide so far :) so its still one of the biggest selling albums during the past few years :D

you are right, but Viva la vida the album was the biggest selling album worldwide in 2008 and is the 2nd best selling album in the US in 2008. it has sold 10 million worldwide so far :) so its still one of the biggest selling albums during the past few years :D

Mylo Xyloto has only been out for a few years and it has already sold far more than VLV did. MX has sold over 17 million.

Does anyone remember how well/much Viva La Vida was promoted compared to MX/ Ghost Stories?

Ghost Stories won't be promoted as heavily, so we can strike that out.

MX and VLV were both promoted heavily. VLV had the song VLV which was MASSIVE and they also had that itunes ad.

MX had rihanna on it - as well as songs like Paradise and Charlie Brown which both did pretty well. MX also had those intoxicating live shows, a glastonbury headline and more of a pop feel to it. It also had a lot of TV adds.

I don't think ghost stories will do very well commercially, but it has a lot of potential to be critically successful. the promotional strategies used so far won't build up the hype as much as in previous albums and like has been said before, i have a feeling that the band will be ok with the album doing relatively low key compared to the others. if that is the case, i hope it won't translate to the following albums.

I think they are not promoting it so heavy (like, with MX they were pretty much everywhere) but are doing a more subtle and still efective tatic, it's not about beign everywhere, but beign where people who might like you might be. So I think it will do just as well as theire prevoius albums

I think they are not promoting it so heavy (like, with MX they were pretty much everywhere) but are doing a more subtle and still efective tatic, it's not about beign everywhere, but beign where people who might like you might be. So I think it will do just as well as theire prevoius albums

I agree with this! People still know they're coming out with an album, they're just not being obnoxious about it :)

wait i think theyre just late in promoting..... SNL is not a BIG thing is it? thats huge promo right there already

but i guess no massive tour... but more of word of mouth promo...or maybe like some said... the real album will come next year so maybe that will get huge promo..

but im confident A sky full of stars will sell the album :D

So far WW sales of Coldplays albums: (rough estimate)

Parachutes : 10M+

AROBTTH : 15M+

X&Y : 13m-15m+ or more

VLV : 10-11M+

MX: 7-8M +

Ghost stories?: lets hope for 8M :D (5M minimum with sales so down nowadays)