✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Let's Write a Story!

Jaytheblue

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As they finally stood on top of the stage on their big day, looking down on a sold-out crowd mostly consisting of their college friends, Chris began awkwardly introducing themselves as Starfish, rambling on about some other things he could later not even remember, and then finally delved into their first song, strumming his guitar and singing "There goes another day, my friends are telling me that I would be OK, I'm gonna be okaaay..."

So Chris thought, "If we want a future, maybe we need another person in the band as our dedicated keyboardist," so he called his friend Tim Rice-Oxley.

Good thought !!

While Chris mentally postponed the finding of a fifth member for his band, there was one other thing that kept him up at night: He was aware of the fact that his band had an awful name, but he could for the life of it not think of any better name.

• 4 weeks later...

Tim said to Chris, "Why are you feeling down?"

"Well, you know Tim, I just can't stand the name of my band."

"What is it Chris?"

"Well, um, it's..."

"Come on, spit it out"

"It's..um..Starfish"

-abrupt laughter- oh my god almighty, bloody hell mate, you got a band name that'll put you in Her Majesty's Pleasure. Have you lost the plot?

"I..."

"Oh no worries Chris, I'm only pulling your leg. I mean you seriously will be snookered if you go around callin yourself that. You need a good name...I know, I don't want mine anymore, you can have it"

"What is it?"

"The Coldplay"

"The Coldplay... It does have a good bit of a ring to it dudnit?.. Well except the 'the'..."

After ruling out "Hot Plate" and "The Chris Martin Band", the boys found their name.

Tim said to Chris, "Why are you feeling down?"

"Well, you know Tim, I just can't stand the name of my band."

"What is it Chris?"

"Well, um, it's..."

"Come on, spit it out"

"It's..um..Starfish"

-abrupt laughter- oh my god almighty, bloody hell mate, you got a band name that'll put you in Her Majesty's Pleasure. Have you lost the plot?

"I..."

"Oh no worries Chris, I'm only pulling your leg. I mean you seriously will be snookered if you go around callin yourself that. You need a good name...I know, I don't want mine anymore, you can have it"

"What is it?"

"The Coldplay"

"The Coldplay... It does have a good bit of a ring to it dudnit?.. Well except the 'the'..."

After ruling out "Hot Plate" and "The Chris Martin Band", the boys found their name.

(So now we're writing paragraphs? Only one sentence per post please :) )

(So now we're writing paragraphs? Only one sentence per post please :) )

But it was a good paragraph :P

"So Tim told me he found The Coldplay too depressing a name for his band, but what do you think ? It may just fit the mood of the music we make.." said Chris to the boys during the next rehearsal.