✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What rating will Pitchfork give to Ghost Stories?

WeddingDom

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"nearly everything about the arrival Ghost Stories has seemed small: the nine-song tracklist, the spartan, deep-blue angel's-wings cover, the disappointing lack of costumes. The absence of grandiosity signaled to eager fans and sneering bystanders alike that, this time around, something might be a little off."

Isn't that the point of GS? To not be big and stadium-friendly as MX?

And I'm sorry but I hated those matching costumes so I'm glad they ditched it.

The review is overly negative for my taste, but I do think they have valid points and it is consistent with their other reviews. I agree that Coldplay is at their best when they are doing anthems and that the lyrics are even more cringeworthy than usual. That why I hope this is just a little sidestep for them and they'll return to what they are best at with their next album.

Hi guys... yesterday I saw Coldplay ghost stories TV special on sky. Today I downloaded it from torrent but in the video that I've downloaded there aren't all songs (midnight, o.... 4 example...) where I can found the complete TV special? Thanks

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI Y300-0100 utilizzando Tapatalk

I actually found the Pitchfork review to be very fair. It wasn't glowing by any means, and yes it was rather negative but had valid points to back up why.

Ghost Stories is the first album I enjoy of Coldplay's since AROBTTH and I realize that GS isn't anything new or interesting, but it just feels more intimate than the previous few Coldplay albums for me.

That's harsh. If Radiohead came out with an album full of ambient noise they would give it a 9.

Oh wait they already did.

What ever Pitchfork says I do the opposite.

Snobs.

LOL and when Coldplay goes quiet they're like "Ewww Coldplay"

A few things he wrote were understandable and right, but he clearly likes Mylo Xyloto over X&Y, and prefers all the pop songs over the quieter ones, and THAT I can't understand. X&Y is full of gems!

He thinks O is dull? Lolwat.

I think it's a nice turn that Coldplay got quieter again with the new album, I mean, they couldn't have produced another MX, that would have been too much IMHO..

Still, music taste is music taste, one person wrote this review and it doesn't change a thing, so there.

Guest kmm1482
LOL and when Coldplay goes quiet they're like "Ewww Coldplay"

A few things he wrote were understandable and right, but he clearly likes Mylo Xyloto over X&Y, and prefers all the pop songs over the quieter ones, and THAT I can't understand. X&Y is full of gems!

He thinks O is dull? Lolwat.

I think it's a nice turn that Coldplay got quieter again with the new album, I mean, they couldn't have produced another MX, that would have been too much IMHO..

Still, music taste is music taste, one person wrote this review and it doesn't change a thing, so there.

While I prefer Parachutes and AROBTTH to X&Y, it still has some iconic Coldplay songs: Speec of Sound, Fix You, Talk, and Til Kingdom Come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though this review is unnecessarily harsh, there are a few things I agree with.

- X&Y as their worst album

- Ink as the worst track off GS

- Their best days are behind them

I truly believe Viva was their peak. They might surprise me with LP7, but I think they're past their recording prime. Don't get me wrong though, Ghost Stories is one of my favorites already.