LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dammit, you...!! :laugh3:

Slightly off-topic but Obama on a Coldplay album suddenly reminded me of the fact that the Pope is releasing a prog-rock album in two days (no kidding). So our boys even need to battle the Pope for #1 on the charts :laugh3:

Source: http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/pope_francis_is_releasing_a_prog_rock_album_called_wake_up

This is it. The musical equivalent of harmonic convergence.

Coldplay, Adele, JB, the Pope

So overall do u guys think it will be a good album? I cant listen to the snippets right now, so i cant judge.

There are songs that cater to different ppl. The issue is that ppl want all the songs to be a certain way, but that doesnt look like it. There are songs that seem R&B, songs that seem Oasis, songs that seem Radiohead, songs that seem pop, etc. Something for everyone!

AHFOD teaser: it appears that the studio version has a bit more electronic elements, but I'm enjoying it. I just realized that Jonny's bridge part sounds like that of Major Minus.

Birds: solid, sounds better than I expected. I think I hear some Radiohead inspiration there.

Hymn For the Weekend: Ugh... :( I'm liking everything but this, the snippet is the worst few seconds of Coldplay I have ever heard. Complete lack of originality. I thought I didn't like some of GS, but this... lacks all heart and soul. I hope and pray that this is the worst part of the entire song.

Everglow: Much more beautiful and melodic. There's a lot of emotion here and it has that classic soulful Coldplay ballad sound.

AOAL: Just the same old AOAL, continuing to grow on me. :)

Fun: Listen to that guitar tone, much darker and almost X&Y-ish for me.

Kaleidoscope: I hear a line from The Guest House, with some calm piano in the background. Who says an interlude can only be a short little instrumental piece? This sounds very pretty.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Well the reactions to Hymn for the Weekend snippet couldn't have been worse if Chris Martin had stuck his microphone up his arse and let rip!