✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Army of One is together with AHFOD my favourite snippet so far. How in the world does that sound like mainstream pop?? This is probably going to be the Major Minus of the album. I love that there is an organ in the background!! We haven't had that in a long time...

I've seen some people hating the distorted voices in the background. I accept that opinion, however it's wrong to think that that automatically makes it pop. That stuff is mainly used by alternative electronic / ambient musicians. Also, Coldplay have been doing this from early on. Listen to Easy To Please to get an idea of what I mean.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Colour spectrum will most probably be an instrumental 1-2 minute song with occasional mumbling by chris or any of the guest artists.

My guess.

Hopefully something really insane but I need a couple of acoustic tracks also (Amazing Day and U&Up).

Wait a minute.. You mean alternative, or alternative rock? Cause there are plenty of alternative artists that use synths, electronic beats etc.. And I'm not sure what to make of, "productiony" ??

P.s based on this 10 second clip, it does not sound like a song that would make its way on to a pop station. At least where I live. Maybe an alternative station though, lol

I mean plain alternative, like nowadays. Not alt rock. Also I mean that it is too synth driven and mainstream sounding to be alternative; it's just pop. When I say productiony I mean it's drowned out in layersof sound. I kight like the rest but now i'm feeling a light to decent 3 on this one

I mean plain alternative, like nowadays. Not alt rock. Also I mean that it is too synth driven and mainstream sounding to be alternative; it's just pop. When I say productiony I mean it's drowned out in layersof sound. I kight like the rest but now i'm feeling a light to decent 3 on this one

I respect your opinion of course, but Army of One could totally, 100% fit in a playlist of Radiohead-esque material. I can name plenty of artists who use multiple layers of sound and come out with a very clean, artistic sound like this song seems to have.

Ok I got ya.. I mean I understand where you're coming from, although I do not agree, I respect your opinion [emoji6] also in this case, based on this tiny little snippet, I actually like the drowned out layers.. Not like DLIBYH where there is too much going on and way to loud, a.k.a the wall of sound. This is very chill and easy to follow, again based on just this tiny snippet, who knows what the whole song will sound like.

I respect your opinion of course, but Army of One could totally, 100% fit in a playlist of Radiohead-esque material. I can name plenty of artists who use multiple layers of sound and come out with a very clean, artistic sound like this song seems to have.

You said what I wanted to, in a way that made way more sense, lol thanks! [emoji106]

I don't know if you'll agree with this or not, but it seems to me that the snippets we're getting are the bridges of their respective songs. AHFoD and AoaL snippets certainly didn't sound anything like we know them to sound like. Their main melodies aren't being represented.

That might give you some hope or something, idk, but if that is what Coldplay is doing, it's rather clever of them. We get a feel for the song, but really have very little of it ruined for ourselves :shrug: