✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I may be alone in this, but I've thought amazing day was special from the very first time I heard it. This studio version snippet has done nothing to change that, I loved it and could see dancing this song at our 10 year anniversary party.

I have played it like 100+ times already and can do a 100 more. I love the song alot.

The reason I love this album so much already, is because, as previously stated, EVERYONE in the band shines on every track (except Fun, Kaleidoscope, and Army of One, but no one shines in those snippets except Stargate and everyone elae probably comes in later). Every song has an amazing guitar riff, bass riff, vocal performance, and when applicable, piano melody or chord progression. I'm loving it

No.

So far it's managed to differentiate itself from MX quite well even tho I feared it will indeed be MX2.

Yes.

To you and I it's differentiated a bit but to the vast majority of people, they wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but let's call a spade a spade.

The reason I love this album so much already, is because, as previously stated, EVERYONE in the band shines on every track (except Fun, Kaleidoscope, and Army of One, but no one shines in those snippets except Stargate and everyone elae probably comes in later). Every song has an amazing guitar riff, bass riff, vocal performance, and when applicable, piano melody or chord progression. I'm loving it

Couldn't agree more. I'm in awe with how everything is turning out. I had my fair share of worries earlier this year with production quality, lyrics, etc. but I've been pleasantly surprised. In a lot of ways, this feels similar to the rebirth they had with Viva -- just in a different light this time around.

The videos on Instagram have terrible audio quality. In Facebook the quality is highly better, especially in HD

Ahhhh thank you so much everything sounds so amazing now, even more than before. I think I like AHFOD and Army of One better now, they are actually pretty nice, and Kaleidoscope... Bruh the end of the snippet took me to music heaven.

also, in terms of the range of soundscapes/genre, this looks set to rival viva. i'm talking about broadness rather than the quality of output. we'll have to wait and see (but don't think most people have doubts which is superior even by now :) ) still, this is shaping up to be better than mylo, a cousin (like someone said already), but able to distinguish itself.

also, in terms of the range of soundscapes/genre, this looks set to rival viva. i'm talking about broadness rather than the quality of output. we'll have to wait and see (but don't think most people doubts which is superior even by now :) ) still, this is shaping up to be better than mylo, a cousin (like someone said already), but able to distinguish itself.

Pretty sure this might top Viva as well. Except for HFTW. It's good for R&B but compared to the other songs it's child's play. But thanks Beyoncé, at least more people will buy CP's album cause your on it.

also, in terms of the range of soundscapes/genre, this looks set to rival viva. i'm talking about broadness rather than the quality of output. we'll have to wait and see (but don't think most people doubts which is superior even by now :) ) still, this is shaping up to be better than mylo, a cousin (like someone said already), but able to distinguish itself.

This is shaping up to be the first Coldplay release I've been around for where I actually really like the resulting album :awesome:

The only two songs I'm having doubts about are Everglow (not a fan of Chris's voice here) and HFtW (love his voice, but too much going on in such a short little snippet to tell if I like it or not)

Nothing will ever top Viva BUT IF IT DOES I WILL BE SOSO DEAD

Birds was all electronic drums :/

Not sure if anyone has responded to this yet (haven't made it that far in the thread), but if you listen right at the end, acoustic drums start to kick in (I think it's the snare). So, I don't think we're going to have to worry about what drums they use for this track, as it will probably be a blend of both. As for "Fun", it's a kick emulated to sound almost like a heart beat. So, it wouldn't surprise me if they used electric drums, even if just for the kick in that section, as they would be easier to manipulate for that purpose.

The only two songs I'm having doubts about are Everglow (not a fan of Chris's voice here) and HFtW (love his voice, but too much going on in such a short little snippet to tell if I like it or not.

Yeah in Everglow his voice sounds like it does live (which most of the time is sub par) and it strained in that clip. But i wouldn't worry too much.