✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is Ghost Stories About Nutella?

Mackplay

So I was just listening to Ghost Stories, waiting to take a break from work so I could go get something to eat then I heard "So my mouth waters to be fed. You're always in my mind." That's when it clicked, Ghost Stories is not about a break up, it's not about realizing how lucky you are to have the people you love around you, bla bla bla, etc... Ghost Stories is about food, it's about the delicious hazelnut spread Nutella.

That's when I tweeted this brilliant epiphany and all my twitter friends agreed.

As I kept listening to the record, it became obvious that this is about Nutella (or any of your favorite food).

--"I think of you, I haven't slept.

My mouth waters to be fed. You're always in my head" Im always thinking about Nutella. Once you have some Nutella, you will not stop thinking about it. Yes it's that delicious.

--"call it magic when I'm with you" is there anything more magical than being with a spoonful of Nutella? No? Yep that's what I thought. It's magic in your mouth.

--"got a tattoo that says Together Through Life. Carved in your name with my pocket knife." A relationship with Nutella is a lifetime relationship. Have you ever met anyone who used to love Nutella? No? Exactly. It's a lifetime love affair. Oh and what do you need to spread Nutella? A knife! This couldn't have been any more clear.

--"All I know is that I love you so, so much that it hurts" Can you love anything other than Nutella this much? Impossible.

--"call it true, call it true love" Nutella is what true love is and it's what true love tastes like.

--"in the darkness before the dawn" This is when you're out of Nutella. I know, it's hard to even think about. This is what darkness is my friends. That awful moment when you're separated from your true love.

--"late night watching tv" Nutella is the perfect snack for tv watching. No debate here.

--"when the world means nothing to me" Feeling sad or depressed? Eat some Nutella. I promise you, you'll feel much much much better. This is scientifically proven.

--"you've got to find yourself alone in this world" Yes you do...with a jar of Nutella!

--"you're such a heavenly view" is there anything more heavenly than the sight of Nutella? It's the most beautiful/amazing/delicious thing in the world.

--"look up to the sky, pray before the dawn" This is for when you're in the darkness and you're praying that you'll have some Nutella very soon. It's a sad moment that we all go through.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think this isn't a new evolution in Coldplay's lyrics and subject matter...

'Got to spread it around' from Brothers & Sisters??? Nutella is a what??? A SPREAD!

Is the entire Coldplay discography about Nutella? It could explain a lot. We might be onto something.

I should mention that when you play ASFoS backwards at around 2:29 you can just BARELY hear Will sing "We give our lives to Nutella" and a bunch of other satanic-sounding chants about Nutella.......really creepy....I can't really listen to that song anymore.

[video=youtube;Vwf5iRBbilM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwf5iRBbilM

"Thanks to all of you who have stayed with us through thick and thin...please eat more chocolate and please listen more Coldplay." Clearly, Amsterdam is about the time the boys went to the Netherlands for legal marijuana and got some very aggressive Nutella-related munchies.

The Nutella agenda has been in front of us this whole time! How jarring.

[video=youtube;Vwf5iRBbilM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwf5iRBbilM

"Thanks to all of you who have stayed with us through thick and thin...please eat more chocolate and please listen more Coldplay." Clearly, Amsterdam is about the time the boys went to the Netherlands for legal marijuana and got some very aggressive Nutella-related munchies.

The Nutella agenda has been in front of us this whole time! How jarring.

You just blew my mind.

Tim-and-Eric-Space-Explosions.gif

Please explain "your body on my body" :wink3:

Obviously Chris spends his time off-tour spreading Nutella on his body.

"Wish that you were here beside me,

your body on my body"

This clearly means he wishes Nutella was there with him. I think this is the mystery lady we've been hearing about in the news. Alexa Chung is a cover-up, and Chris cheated on Gwyneth with Nutella, in my opinion. The press would go crazy if they knew about the affair, so that's why they had Alexa hang out with Chris.