✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Jul-2014] Royal Albert Hall, London, UK

Tash

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OKAY SO HERE WE GO. Sorry for all the boring content, lack of grammars and mispellings (I'm not English nor American nor Australian nor from English countries :P), and my bad handwriting. Still need to improve though :)

I am very grateful that still believing in Coldplay's music for almost a decade now. They have performed for 14 years and running and I was able to get to see them live for two days in a row! Such a dream come true. Getting tickets was definitely a heartbreak for me, I had a very hard time in getting them but I was very lucky for being able to see both shows :)

If I could turn back time to the day before the gig on the 1st, I was on my way getting a coach in the early morning. The coach came 30 mins late! I was worried because if the coach had a sudden cancellation, it would go to a long drama and I would be like not having a chance to go to the bakery before the show.

Anyway, when I arrived to London, I went straight through the Bakery. I met a few people there waiting for the band coming out from the studio. Then I met this girl from Spain, she was super friendly. She said she had joined Coldplaying a few years ago but never been so active. I also met a few people from USA - one guy told me he's from Chicago. Then I asked, "Where did you come from?" and he was like, "We went straight from the airport and came here to see Chris." And I was like oh wow that's so intentional lol. Some Coldplayers also came from Germany, Italy, and Turkey. I was glad to see some faces showing their love for the band, and mine too. Even though the band didn't come out that day, I felt happy to see Coldplayers had guts to come there and waited (for many hours lol).

At around maybe 2 or 3pm, a Coldplaying member contacted me to have a meet up at the tube station near the Bakery. She was wisna :) (Hi wisna!). We had some lunch and she gave me a LOVE badge, which was lovely. I actually purchased those badges a couple of weeks ago and I contacted the store they said they were having backorders, so I was unsure when I would get them at the nearer time. :(

Afterwards, we went to my hostel for putting my backpack and she waited me for kinda long time (sorry wisna :P), but we managed to go to the RAH on time.

My seat was at Stalls H, Row 4, Seat 29. When I sat down I was like, "Oh crap, my seat was broken, I couldn't move it oh well." Like I have paid so much money for the show but the seat was broken (?), but then we all, audiences, ended up with standing up and watching the band at the entire show, which was great - I saw hardly no one even sat down, which that was good ha! Everybody went crazy when Coldplay came on stage, all the screaming and all the noise made me wanting to go back to these moments again :(

I was sitting beside this man from Denmark, he kept talking about the band. I was happy that I thought I was gonna be real alone when watching the show. He brought this atmosphere where I thought we were pals for a while during the gig. I liked when everybody all jumping during AFSOS, ETIAW, and VLV. We were so MAAADDDDLY EXCITED!

When the first song came out (AIMH), I shouted CHRISSSSS out loud and literally almost having tears of joy. I felt like I finally made it to the show even though I almost wanted to give my tickets to someone else because of the very high-price. But then I changed my mind because of the rare opportunity I would get. Then I thought like, "You live only once, live to the fullest until it lasts" :)

Afterwards, Magic came out. I recorded some videos but not the whole song. When I was recording and Chris was heading to my side, and I think he was waving at me twice and giving a smile :) :) Dunno if it was just me or I was too excited! I was very happy! :D :D :D

I would say my favorite song of all time is ETIAW, I almost couldn't record the video because I was jumping during a whole song :) :) The song always gives me hope, passion, and vibrant. I like it both live and record - it's simply just awesome :)

After the show ended, I managed to meet wisna and one Coldplayer girl from Spain, then we decided to go to the stage door and waited for the band to come out from the building. We waited for almost an hour but we were only able to see Chris's dad! He was so damn tall, even taller than Chris I guess :lol:, we also saw Aluna George but that was it. No luck, again. No Coldplay in person :( We then decided to went back home straight away.

The next day on the 2nd, me and some Coldplayers from the forum arranged to have meet-ups at the opposite RAH by the statue. I was able to see Sparky, Linus, Zuzana, and Mayurshikotra. They were all really nice people :) I felt like living in a dream. I wouldn't have thought to meet people from the internet then finally meeting in person, it was just literally awesome day for me! (Thank you guys :)). We were hanging out at the Hyde Park and having a little chat, then deciding to go to the Bakery afterwards before the show (again for me). That time I was actually pessimistic because I knew Coldplay wouldn't even in the studio, but maybe it was still worthy to try again. So me, Sparky, Linus, and Mayur were managed to go to the Bakery and we were also passing by Chris's house that he sold for 7 million pounds (the place was 20 secs from the Bakery :P). I was also pessimistic that I wouldn't able to see the band on the second day. I went to gigsandtours and see tickets, but no luck! But then Sparky told me he had a spare ticket, which he later gave it to me :) :) (Thank you very much Sparky :D :D). It's such a rare opportunity to see the band for two days in a row and I was so grateful for being able to make it at the right time :)

When arriving at RAH, we managed to get tickets from the collection box. I guess we all missed out seeing the Aluna George. To be honest, I didn't like it so much because the music was too boring (no offense :)), so I waited outside at door 6 by the merchandise and mingled with Coldplayers whilst charging my phone (found some sockets in that area :P)

The show had started, my seat was at Stalls J, Row 11 (forgot where the seat was), I was sitting with these all hardworking men with formal suits when I was like the only one who wore VLV shirt and felt so young and childish. I was a bit angry during the show because when everyone started jumping, this man next to me just kept texting all the time and he didn't seem like enjoying the show. Other people were also sitting down in my row and I was the only one who had been standing up the entire time.

The part that I enjoyed so much was Don't Panic. I think everyone is talking about this. I liked it when Chris asked Jonny to sing it for 3 times. It was hilarious but I could see Jonny was kinda annoyed by Chris forcing him to sing, but that was for all the fun and I would have to say that Jonny is just better at being a guitarist not a singer :P, and now I'm curious what Guy sounds like when he sings, I have listened to a couple of songs from his second band called Apparatjik. He sounds great, but never actually listened to him singing Coldplay songs. Hopefully in the future :)

My second favorite moment of the show was Chris singing YEAH YEAH YEAH WHOOOOO at the end of AFSOS song, and he kept repeating it for three times and letting the audience to sing with him. I just thought it was really fun to do with everyone in the room :) :) :)

I was so happy that the two-night setlist has got the longest one amongst previous shows, they performed 18 songs! It felt like watching a movie with that almost 1.5 hours long, it was definitely worth it ;) I gotta say I have had the best nights in my life. Thank you very much Coldplay and Coldplayers to fulfill my best days, till next time! :) :) :)

Many thanks to all for the reviews and vids :)

Good for you Batman telling that muppet where to go!

There were masses of celebs and people who obviously had 'connections' there - I was in the champagne bar at one point and noticed quite a few familiar faces but as I don't watch TV and films anymore I don't know who they were really - no megastars but I'm sure there were a few there. Then there are those with connections to the venue who can either get tickets for themselves or for friends. My friend has a box at the 02 for example for all gigs to treat clients.

Sickening really so I think Coldplay did a fantastic thing for the fans with the front row seats, otherwise they could have gone to these types of folks, touts etc.

:surprised: what did he look like? I'm curious :p

Very tall and slim. Brownish hair shaved very short. Quiet chap. Met him twice actually (he might be in some of the photos of the boat party thread from years ago) and he was also at the Crisis gig in Newcastle in 2010 taking a few photos at the front, though didn't say hello, and (maybe - can't remember if there was blog stuff that night) doing the web stuff.

To be honest that was the last time I saw him so someone else may have taken it over, but the writing style is exactly the same now as ever. I don't do front row at the standing gigs and hadn't seen the band for two years until this week. Someone who knows who he is and either got front row or close or went to a smaller gig since then could confirm if it's still him.

He's very discreet and not that recognisable (not in a bad way!) so you'd probably just think he was a photographer if you saw him.

Ginger Jesus sounds more like an assistant to me - but what a job making peoples' dreams come true!!! :D

Uploaded these videos as well

Para-Para-Paradise Ohohohohohohohhh

[video=youtube_share;aB4yS7kwJow]

And the third singing by Jonny. Look at Will and Chris and Jonny how they have to smile and laugh hahaha :D

[video=youtube_share;xJeHIE-QRSw]

Not sure if this will work, but here is a (possible) link to some photos I took on Wednesday. It truly was one of the best nights of my life!

I was lucky enough to have front row tickets right in front of the stage. Amazingly I got them from G&T during the sale when I called them up. The guy I spoke to thought they were near the back of the arena, but I was happy to just be in the building!!! To find we were in the front row was beyond incredible!

I still can't put into words how brilliant the gig was. I've had post-gig blues since then ;)

Hope you like the pics.

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/album.php?albumid=226

(The photos appear in reverse order.)

Not sure if this will work, but here is a (possible) link to some photos I took on Wednesday. It truly was one of the best nights of my life!

I was lucky enough to have front row tickets right in front of the stage. Amazingly I got them from G&T during the sale when I called them up. The guy I spoke to thought they were near the back of the arena, but I was happy to just be in the building!!! To find we were in the front row was beyond incredible!

I still can't put into words how brilliant the gig was. I've had post-gig blues since then ;)

Hope you like the pics.

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/album.php?albumid=226

(The photos appear in reverse order.)

Amazing pictures! Wow. This night was epic I totally agree..

And these two pictures might belong to the Buckin thread

album.php?albumid=226&attachmentid=31830

album.php?albumid=226&attachmentid=31832

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/album.php?albumid=226&attachmentid=31832

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/album.php?albumid=226&attachmentid=31830

Ginger-Jesus is still alive and well, making miracles. I was the happiest (step)mother with a 17 year old girl in the best front row seats July 2 nd. Thanks for making our night incredible. We will be grateful forever. 10468201_10152242486452947_7552976613262425471_n.jpg

Any idea if any products from Coldplay merchandise in RAH, are still available for sale? The poster and the T-shirt to be precise.

There could be some spares around somewhere. You could try contacting the Coldplay Store (http://coldplay.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/contactus?sourceCode=COLWEBUKWGBP) and Royal Albert Hall (http://www.royalalberthall.com/contact/default.aspx) There will also be stuff available on eBay, but it will probably be more expensive.

THEN, during ASFOS he turned around again (he kept turning around all the time actually and just wanted attention GOD) because I was catching my breath I just stood there and clapped and he yelled at me "COME ON GERMAN GIMME ALL YE'VE GOT COME ON YEE-"

and I gave him a death stare and yelled with all my might

"TURN. AROUND."

and he flinched, shut up and shrinked back to his previous position :lol: But the best part followed the second after: his wife, never facing me, suddenly turned around quickly, grinned at me, gave me two thumbs up before her hubby could see anything and turned to the band again! :laugh3:

Yup, Noel Gallagher needed to be put in his place, right! ;-)

There could be some spares around somewhere. You could try contacting the Coldplay Store (http://coldplay.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/contactus?sourceCode=COLWEBUKWGBP) and Royal Albert Hall (http://www.royalalberthall.com/contact/default.aspx) There will also be stuff available on eBay, but it will probably be more expensive.

I contacted them, if I get any response I will post it here, thank you! :)

Can people help me out my asking the oracle about the legend who gave me the front row tickets? Would be much appreciated :D

Was he ginger? He might be Hoppy.

Can people help me out my asking the oracle about the legend who gave me the front row tickets? Would be much appreciated :D

Was he ginger too? He might be Hoppy.

8e6ymequ.jpg

Wow, it just finished reading the reviews of this concert, and thank you very much for sharing your experiences :wacky: Thanks also for the photos (the venue is beautiful and the stars and thingies on the ceilling made it quite magical!) and the videos :nice:

It all put a smile upon my face and at the same time I feel a little bit bittersweet because I "lost" a ticket during the sale for that concert (my bank security check was too slow :().

I wish one day I could meet you, Coldplayers and be in the audience of a concert in a not so big venue :dreamy:

Wonder what happened to those hanging stars?

It's quite possible they were just hired in from a props/lighting company. (Never quite worked out if they actually lit up, or if they were illuminated from another source). In which case, they'll simply have been returned to stock, and may appear completely un-noticed in many other settings, where they'd take less of a centre stage.

If they were just props, they could turn a small profit (for charity if they were so minded) by selling them off as souvenirs. Would be an excellent and popular memento...

It's quite possible they were just hired in from a props/lighting company. (Never quite worked out if they actually lit up, or if they were illuminated from another source). In which case, they'll simply have been returned to stock, and may appear completely un-noticed in many other settings, where they'd take less of a centre stage.

If they were just props, they could turn a small profit (for charity if they were so minded) by selling them off as souvenirs. Would be an excellent and popular memento...

don't think they were 'hired' from a props company since the stars had GS lyrics written in them. maybe they will auction off some during a charity auction that we probably can expect given the backstage pics of the band singing copies of album artwork.